Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #61
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF.EB
Just wondering what people think, I havent seen many E Series with gauges on the bonnet.

you dont see it because its called RICE!!!!

the reason u dont see it is because it looks crap, not tough. sorry, but it does.

ps. plus bogans rip em off leaving great gaping holes and smashed up paintwork and also if ur on p plates (from the foto) its also cop bait.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #62
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvwpn
Im the owner of cmywpn
As for the guages lookin "stupid in the middle", if you look CLOSER you will see that they are slightly to the left. They are here for a reason, so the drivers view is not obstructed!!!!!!!
I dont know about you but i like to see where i'm driving

Now for everyone else inquiring....
I had the guages inside on the dash, but after seeing other cars with them on the bonnet i changed my mind.
After getting my car resprayed i was hesitant to drill into the bonnet, so me and a friend made up custom brackets that mounted on the front of the bonnet.
As for the "shift light", its actually a warning light.
Waterproof??? Yes if you do the job properly then you can wash your car all you want.
As for parking.... This is not my daily driver which is why i wanted to go "all out" on appearance.
I also have a trans temp on my a pillar.
Sorry for the long reply but i couldnt stand people assuming on my behalf

well said mate.i like em but it all personal choice i think.people dont need to say it looks stupid or dumb.just that they dont like em or they do.
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #63
TUF.EB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris

the reason u dont see it is because it looks crap, not tough. sorry, but it does.
Thanks for your comments man, you obviously put a lot of thought into them.

Quote:
ps. plus bogans rip em off leaving great gaping holes and smashed up paintwork and also if ur on p plates (from the foto) its also cop bait.
Agree with most of that, although I havent heard of a lot of people getting them ripped off, or getting hasseled by cops, but its something to worry about, and keep in mind..
TUF.EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #64
reded
ThUmPeR

there's a nice looking dark green VR driving around shepp with 2 chrome cups on the bonnet and i think it looks good,

IMO: you dont need the "power" to back them up because to me there not a statement that says "Ive got power" its just an alternative place to put guages that looks nice and to the owner is a personal choice!

cheers troy
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
reded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #65
TUF.EB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reded
IMO: you dont need the "power" to back them up because to me there not a statement that says "Ive got power" its just an alternative place to put guages that looks nice and to the owner is a personal choice!

cheers troy
I'm glad someone agree, and I couldnt find a way to put it, but you've said it pretty well.

They dont have to be used for power, I mean you could use a trans temp gauge, which is really useful if your giving the car a lot of stick, burnouts etc Then the trans does heat up, would be good to know if its at a safe or dangereous running temp.

Even oil pressure is handy to have, but most falcon clusters have them stock.

Just handy to have some additional gauges sometimes, and an alternate place to mount them is the bonnet, so as well as being handy, they can look good too!!
TUF.EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #66
EFFalcon
Last warning

i say go for it, if done right it can look hot as.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #67
LUXO_8
windsor user

have you got any pics of my mate pauls XR8 still john?...... if so, chuck one or 2 up
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #68
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
have you got any pics of my mate pauls XR8 still john?...... if so, chuck one or 2 up
Do you mean this one? This is from Eseries Xmas cruises '04.

Old 27-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #69
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats the one steve......

very tough looking car...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #70
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah looked even better in real life.
Old 28-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #71
reded
ThUmPeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF.EB
I'm glad someone agree, and I couldnt find a way to put it, but you've said it pretty well.

They dont have to be used for power, I mean you could use a trans temp gauge, which is really useful if your giving the car a lot of stick, burnouts etc Then the trans does heat up, would be good to know if its at a safe or dangereous running temp.

Even oil pressure is handy to have, but most falcon clusters have them stock.

Just handy to have some additional gauges sometimes, and an alternate place to mount them is the bonnet, so as well as being handy, they can look good too!!

thanks man!
im all up for them on the bonnet,, after reading this thread i am very very tempted to go out and buy a couple for my car now!
thats it mate they are there for additional information on how your car is running,

does anyone know if they are easy to wire up to the car at all?
i wiring diagram would help heaps too! usefull information to anyone that is thinking of doing this too!

cheers troy
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
reded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #72
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Do it mate they look nuts.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #73
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
???? rice ????

Quote:
i would not do it to my car but do like it on others (most the time when done good) but and its your car if ya want it then do it

Quote:
bogans ??? what do i say ..... thought i was a bogan !!! evan got the check sleaveless shirts ..... have them riped offf never had our xy touched (even by cops) in five n a bit years with the three gauges on the bonnet

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post