Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #61
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
feels like it might snap in half or something:P
You can feel it in older models more the looseness they have they feel like they might bend and twist and as they get older start to creek and moan.
Something you have experience with no doubt.:
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #62
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A WORD OF WARNING

Anyone that wishes to turn this discussion into a Ford or Holden bashing exercise can look forward to a little holiday away from the forums.

Debate is good - crap isn't.

I don't want to see this thread closed when all it takes is a little consideration for the viewpoint of others even when you don't agree with it.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #63
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
As for muscle car king, people still bought SS's when the XR6T was destroying it in every comparison ever printed.
Just like the GT outsells the F6 and thats a much quicker car. Hell the XR6T 6sp auto is quicker than an R8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
I actually find the XR8 incredibly easy to differentiate from the 6 cylinder Falcon's due to the 'lonely' power bulge. From a distance you would never be able to pick out V badging or different headlights, the SS-V might be good, but they're crazy to bag the XR8 for not being easily spotted.
Amazingly I cant believe how much praise the bonnet buldge got when it cam out and now it seems to be getting bagged? WTF?
There clearly is a difference, but I remember the the VX getting bagged because all the models were quite hard to distinguish apart from each other. So I guess all the old models get bagged by the jornos.

Quote:
Glenn Butler, senior editor, Drive:
To Tony Hyde and his dedicated team of engineers: bravo. VE is the best handling, smoothest riding Commodore I’ve ever driven.
It better be. 1.2billion on a car and it's not better than the previous model? Mind you the way my VX rolls around it cant be that hard to improve from crap handling. S#it my ex-bosses XT(BA) wagon handled better!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #64
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaking to one of my work colleagues today that was waiting with baited breath for the release of the VE, as he was going to buy the ssv. He told me that he dislikes the look of it that much that he will be buying a XR6T, this weekend. Another one converted.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post