Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:15 PM   #61
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Are you sure Casper? Is that the same for all States?

Oo\===/oO
Old 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #62
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Are you sure Casper? Is that the same for all States?
yes, currently its not law to have third party fire and theft insurance anywhere in the country

should be though...
Old 01-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #63
Damo
Banned

3rd party insurance for injury is part of the cost for rego isn't it ?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #64
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Ahh yes, thats what I must be getting confused with.

Thanks Damo.

Oo\===/oO
Old 01-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #65
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

I agree third party (not necessarily fire and theft) should be compulsory with registration just like the TAC injury insurance is
Old 01-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #66
alesia
Banned

sorry to hear about this , but whats done is done , you just need to be prepared so you dont have to go through this again.
I agree With Silencer , third party should be made compulsory with registering a vehicle.
so i think you should do everything legally , you pay for the damage and make sure you have it properly documented, receipts, Quotes ETC, that way he has no way to get more money out of you then what is neccessary.
as for Slipping names to other people at R.A.C.V ,talk to them yourself that way all details are correct without the hassle of other peoples interpetation of what happened because if that gets in the way it will only make things more difficult and confusing.
good luck with it all and i hope everything works out.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:43 PM   #67
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the chances !? That's why we have insurance companies...we all hate them to the end of the world...but everyone *needs* them...perfect example. Sorry to hear that it happened Michael...we're all enthusiasts and love our cars more than...I'm too scared to think what...but the unlikelys are all of a sudden real 'eh !

Everyone has given the best advice in this situation - good luck with it - hope the predicament doesn't go to court :S
Old 01-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #68
InitialD
Low and Loud

Thanks steve

I hope to have it sorted ASAP as Id rather it was just over and delt with...

Anyone want EA parts? :( lol

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 02-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #69
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear that mick. I remember speaking to a customer at work who was in a similar situation and he said something like the other person was tryin to rip him 2 or 3 grand for $500 damage so he gave them the ultimatum - I can fix it for you myself for my price or else I'm not paying sh1t and you can try and get your money through the courts. And because it was for a few grand and no one likes the hassle of going to court etc etc, they agreed. Might be worth a try. The guy sounds like an unreasonable, arrogant Fck!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #70
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
sorry to hear that mick. I remember speaking to a customer at work who was in a similar situation and he said something like the other person was tryin to rip him 2 or 3 grand for $500 damage so he gave them the ultimatum - I can fix it for you myself for my price or else I'm not paying sh1t and you can try and get your money through the courts. And because it was for a few grand and no one likes the hassle of going to court etc etc, they agreed. Might be worth a try. The guy sounds like an unreasonable, arrogant Fck!
Yep he is, thats what annoid me the most. If he was curtious and actually SPOKE something other then "you give me money now" i would be willing to work it out. Just He refuse's to negotiate or speak more then 3 words to the john(s) and I while we were there

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 02-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #71
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I say just give him the same kind of ultimatum, 'Let me fix your car, or you can chase it up through your insurance company.' and let whatever insurance company he reckons it is contact you. I bet you wont hear a thing.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:25 AM   #72
InitialD
Low and Loud

Oh and to the people on msn,
my FFAU Avitar ISNT a re-enactment of this morning with me driving LOL :

Last edited by InitialD; 02-09-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #73
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Ghia5L, I like your thinking.

Initial, get LEGAL advice and maybe have this guy go to a Panel Beater of YOUR choice and have the Beater look at it. They can usually tell the difference between a recent hit and a past one?

Asians can be a little dodgy at times and the language barrier has its OWN problems. Maybe mention you are going to go to the police and then put the whole matter in the hands of a solicitor? that may make him change his tune?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #74
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

What has being Asian got to do with this whole scenario?

He hasnt even got insurance, you expect him to pay for a solicitor?

Last edited by Laminge; 02-09-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #75
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

I think enough is enough, he knows what he has done wrong, he knows several routes he can take. Let him be, and it will get sorted out.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #76
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Its not just him, its the other members who still think no insurance is an option, and the ignorance of some to blame a 3rd party
Old 02-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #77
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #78
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned
I think enough is enough, he knows what he has done wrong, he knows several routes he can take. Let him be, and it will get sorted out.
Thank you daniel _2: my words exactly.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #79
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Its not just him, its the other members who still think no insurance is an option, and the ignorance of some to blame a 3rd party
I think everyone gets the point mate... no need to repeat your opinion 3 times...
Closed Thread