Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2006, 01:32 AM   #61
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

My doggie learnt to crap all by itself
Old 29-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #62
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFDINTEDIT
Im sick of people walking their dogs without collars.. Ive had 3 dogs (at different times) run at me and my dog, and 3 times my dog has had the other in a lock jaw (Bull terrior)..
No such thing as Lockjaw, its a myth.
Old 29-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #63
Lumpen Proletariat

Being a 'farm boy' we always had dogs around the house.

The first was a mastif/staffy cross that was a great dog and never an ounce of trouble. Brilliant and loyal dog and in the end it was arthritis that got her.

Our second dog was an Anotolian Carabash (Turkish Goat/Sheep Dog) which is a massive breed. On it's hind legs it would tower over me while sitting down, his head would be above my belly button (I'm 5' 8"). Once again never an ounce of trouble as we had him from a pup and he was trained well and shown love from the start.

He never ever threatened anyone but when he came to 'meet' people for the first time, quite a few stayed in the car. Understandably as he was quite imposing. This was the same kind of dog that was the reputed "LION" running about out around Bathurst. He is the only dog I've seen run a roo down through the bush. (Which is one reason why we had to let him go).

With that kind of upbringing, both my brother and I were quite comfortable yet cautious around all dogs, no matter how familiar we are with them.

Once while in Brisbane, we were playing some cricket in Cooparoo with a few of my other brothers mates when a blue heeler came screaming from no where and latched on to Brady. He wasn't antagonising this dog, wasn't chasing the ball or any other kind of activity to warrant this attack or draw attention to himself.

He was bitten twice once on the inner thigh, where today (about 12 years later) he has a scar about 4" x 3" and on the belly where he has a scar about 2" x 1". To this day He is still afraid of dogs over the size of a small poodle or terrier.

This dog had apparently never, ever growled at people before, but for some unknown reason he attacked my brother, who wasn't the closest person to the dog nor the loudest or most active.

The sad fact is that it is just in the nature of the beast. Sure, it can be toned down by good treatment and training but the basic instinct will always be there and can surface at any time. This kind of basic animal behaviour can be seen all the time.

I am personally happy to see some of the more vicious breeds being 'controlled' (though banning is a bit too far) because violence is what they were bred for and violence is what they know.

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Old 29-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #64
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends on how good you are at getting the dog to let go! Also if the dog was trained properly it would let go on command.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Closed Thread