Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #61
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty b
i have a bit of a question with this drug testing stuff. hopefully somone knows how they will determine this, but the thing with weed is if you are passively smoking it say walk into a mates house or room and they have 5 mates having a dutchie in there 3-5 breaths mate and you are gone(by gone i mean registering THC in the blood stream). So does this mean through no fault of your own you are now not able to drive for 6-12 hours??? Also some smart *** bloke at a party hands you a splif instead of a cigie and your dezignated dave... were does that leave you??? What rights do you have and what percentage of THC has to be in your system before it starts to effect your motor skills... i would love to see the scientific doses and the control weed they used to determine what is too much or how much weed you need to smoke to register a failed test. Did the cops just keep having a toke and use the drug test kits on themselves to determine when they were off chops and make that the limit??? Although i do not smoke weed alot of my mates do so some of these situations may arise from time to time and i want to know what the go is..
Some fairly extreme situations there... but i see where you're coming from.

At the end of the day, its your responsibility to ensure that you're in an appropriate physical condition to drive. Sure, the boys might have snuck a joint through on you... but that's not the point.

The law is concerned as to whether you're driving stoned... its blind as to how you wound up that way.

If they're sour because you're meant to be the DD, then they prob should have thought about that before getting you wasted....