Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #61
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
wether this was or was not the case, the board has been created to hopefully move things forward and hopefully avoid a repetition of mistakes in the past.

Well so far that isn't happening is it... !!!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #62
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
no, i beleive it was the attitude shown to cruisin eb and the fact that he got banned.

well he obviously didn't have enough people jump up and down about his banning to then be back allowed in the exact same position as others now did he?????????
Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #63
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
seeing as its only just been created what do you expect, geez just no pleasing some people :

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #64
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
We can only do all we can to encourage you guys to hold meets and events in your state.

As John said, emails can be sent, photos can be posted on the website, there is no issue with making queensland popular and making events happen in QLD.

At the end of the day it's up to Queensland members to organise the meets. Just because there in no-one from Queensland on the board of directors doesn't mean they are excluded. We can't organise your meets for you.

You don't have to be on the board to hold a meet.
You don't have to rely on Lukey to organise a meet.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #65
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzELXR
We can only do all we can to encourage you guys to hold meets and events in your state.

As John said, emails can be sent, photos can be posted on the website, there is no issue with making queensland popular and making events happen in QLD.

At the end of the day it's up to Queensland members to organise the meets. Just because there in no-one from Queensland on the board of directors doesn't mean they are excluded. We can't organise your meets for you.

You don't have to be on the board to hold a meet.
You don't have to rely on Lukey to organise a meet.
You are totally missing the whole complete point.. its like pulling teeth..
I am not in any way suggesting you guys organise the meets, cruises whatever..
I will take this into PM quite happily as I have so far typed out 5 different replies and had the commonsense to delete them..
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #66
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
seeing as its only just been created what do you expect, geez just no pleasing some people :

Read this thread................ that will show enough I believe of what to expect ...

*Edit: Because it was far to narky

Last edited by fiery; 12-04-2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Grammar (spelling) got to me. Had to fix it.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #67
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
well he obviously didn't have enough people jump up and down about his banning to then be back allowed in the exact same position as others now did he?????????
obviosuly not, because a majority of people thought he should be banned.
so you have a problem with me being back in a position on the board despite not knowing about any of what happened?

do you think the fact that i was reinstated was due to people jumping up and down or do you think its possible there was discussions between myself and those in power that may have influenced it.
get some facts right before jumping up and down.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Read this thread................ that will show enough I believe of what to expect ...

*Edit cos it was far to narky
You are entitled to an opinion and I can respect that, end of discussion from my side, unless you wish to discuss specifics via PM or Messenger.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #69
EFFalcon
Last warning

Thread started:
hxxp://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...862#post650862

QLD rep... whos it gunna be.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #70
big_waity
Windsor Man!

John, I didn't know that there was a mailing list that you could forward a letter on. Also, the cruises that I have organised/attended have mostly be general AFF cruises, rather than strcitly E-Series. However, I would be more than happy to organise some E-Series cruises, especially if you could forward me for the correct procedure on organising an E-Series cruise.

Here's to finding decent representation for all states!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #71
EF_Frmnt
Banned

I have tried to organise a few cruises.. asked for suggestions.. but most qld members probably dont even go to the meets section cos they know there wont be anything there.. A lot of people want something concrete before they will decide they will go but most dont want to put there name down for a definite yes on a 3 car cruise. I wasnt going to explain lukes situation but as Rollin mentioned it yeah lukes gettin married shortly, just had engagement party, so he has quite a lot more important on his plate and i know for a fact that when i had first joined he tried to organise a meeting for the first weekend of every month and the attendance was nearly zero so it stopped, so the effort was there on his part just a lack of enthusiasm.

Even if its as simple as other brisbane members just posting if they headin out thursdays or friday or sunday nights or whatever to the regular hangouts like aspley redcliffe milton etc then i would like to meet more people see more cars. Im sure ive probably seen one or two of you before at aspley. Just need a bit of organisation yes, but i believe what we also lack is being familiar with whos who and who lives where there arent a lot of us in qld and specifically brisbane but im sure theres enough for us to get together and have fun..? so how bout it boys Rollin mentioned the Holden VS Ford show im not sure when it is but im sure we could make it a fresh start and get a whole bunch of us together...
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #72
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Do you think maybe some of the 'attitude' that people have shown to 'other States' is why cruizineb started another club....????
There is no attitude. Remember, this club started in Victoria, so the odds are, it is going to have a majority of key stake holders be from Victoria.

As luck would have it (also being the 1st SA E-Series rep) through alot of efforts of myself and a few offsiders (Lee was a big help here) we managed to get the club off the ground, I even had my old Fairlane as a rolling promotions mobile (Cheers John for that huge sticker), it still is goin today with the stickers on it promoting the club!

In any instance, how can you expect anyone to help you guys when you aren't prepared to help yourself?

The excuses in this thread "QLD members never check the meets coz there are none" is the biggest cop out I have ever heard! The rep is there to try and mediate things between the members and the club officials, theres nothing stopping others organising official Eseries cruises.

If you guys are as passionate about E-Series as what you claim, go out, organise cruises, have larger amts of people on cruises, and enjoy the success of it all.

In any instance, had anyone suggested prior to this that there was a need for a new rep? or that it was time for a change? Or even down to did anyone organise E-series meets?

Time for less complaining, and more action. It is good to see that John has made a thread for you guys to vote in a rep.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #73
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

There is some constructive debate breaking out which is good to see. I am already very pleased to see that members of the Board have been taking the initiative and pushing for positive changes.

However, I do have a few points I'd like to respond to before things get out of hand.

Quote:
I noticed you have totally disregarded my post (which in fact was 2nd - after your initial posting)...
So explaining that we are working on the situation in private (and now public) counts as disregarding your post? And perhaps clicking my fingers and magically solving the problem instantaneously would be the only thing that would please you.

Quote:
There is a simple reason that SA and VIC are your most popular states and that is because the so called REP for Qld has been too 'busy'..
Prior to the current arrangement, Reps largely took care of their individual states while I and the Vice Presidents dealt with Club-wide matters. The problem was that I alone could not constantly oversee all state-wide matters... the Queensland Rep issue has been building for many months. Now we have a complete Board, and many hands to make light of the change.

Quote:
I am sorry if this offends but for goodness sake, stop making bloody excuses as to why someone hasn't given a rats about this state.. He should have stepped down long ago then... AND given the reins to someone that can do the job..
How is 'we are working on it' an excuse, let alone a bloody one?

Quote:
Pathetic if you ask me.. I think the REP should be chosen by QLD members .. I personally think a list should be made up and then the BOARD discuss it with just QLD members...
Who exactly do you think voted the current Rep in? Even years ago it was my policy to go through a long-winded process involving requesting members of the state nominate themselves, then provide a 'speech', and finally have voting by the members take place. It will be little different this time around.

Quote:
*EDIT: I did forget to say one thing, whilst I wish all Board members well in their role.. I still don't understand why there is not a representation from every state..... ??
I have already stated that Reps have full access to the private forum and are invited to contribute to the decision-making process. The Board is focused on the national issues. As individual states pick up interest, I am confident that future Board members will represent a variety of states. It was not so long ago the Club was virtually 100% Vic-based. The change can not and will not be overnight. For anyone who cannot accept this, this is not the Club for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
What don't you understand about High Priority? It doesnt mean it will be resolved today or tommorrow even but give it just a little bit of time.
Thank you for addressing those points in my absence. Many of the problems here are to do with newer members being all too quick to throw stones when this change - overdue as it may be - is the very thing that will allow us to address all your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachines Sig
But plans were swiftly kiboshed: The man with the name of the fish had The Wisdom - and The Wisdom was good. And so the E-people of the Northern Tribes were once again cast into the wilderness...
I would like to say you're a fool but that would be too predictable. It is I who is the fool who let you suck up to me after you were banned for life from the E series area for your pathetic attitude and disrespect for us. I forgave your disgraceful behaviour, defended you to the higher-ups and argued to have you given access again.

Please accept my apologies and I will address the situation immediately, giving you a permenant ban from this area without further discussion.

For everyone else, I apologise some of this has got a bit nasty - but please bear with us. I'm sure there are other issues you may wish to raise.

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 12-04-2006 at 10:05 PM.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #74
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

It never ceases to amaze me how people come out of the woodwork to criticise the work of others, post like rabid dogs because they can hide behind their keyboard, and their only positive input to the forums is to log off.

For those that have posted constructively and positively, there should be more of you, well done!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #75
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.

Last edited by Kenaz; 13-04-2006 at 08:41 AM. Reason: phrased it wrong :S
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #76
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I think what you guys have to realise is that whinging about things happening wont get you anywhere.

I think I would have to point in the direction of the "Qld E-series members assemble" thread (or whatever it was so named) to show you just what SHOULD have been done to try and resolve this issue - rather than posting and getting all worked up at the decisions that have been made by the clubs leaders.

All I'm saying is that to whinge is pointless - to act upon the issue is ultimately where you are going to create a better scenario.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #77
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

The thread has been unstuck and soon, a new 'Owners Club Information' thread will replace it to be stickied indefinitely.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been constructive at this time. To be honest, the extent of the Queensland issue has taken me somewhat by surprise. It has affirmed that introducing the Board was a good thing, and if anything something I should have done a year ago. But there is no place for regrets, as we are now moving forward to bigger and better things.

I'd also like to remind anyone that if anyone has any suggestions or concerns, please PM myself or another Board member and we will do all we can.

Cheers, Jack
Old 13-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #78
heckaz performance

Many worked 6's flog gen 3's bud.
I've seen Stock Gen 3's run 16's at the drags (Willowbank).
I have not lost to a Gen 3 on the street,
But would have at willowbank.( There's worked ones doing good Times eg 12's, especially at the drags)
heckaz performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #79
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckaz performance
Many worked 6's flog gen 3's bud.
I've seen Stock Gen 3's run 16's at the drags (Willowbank).
I have not lost to a Gen 3 on the street,
But would have at willowbank.( There's worked ones doing good Times eg 12's, especially at the drags)
What? Relevence? What?
Old 13-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #80
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
What? Relevence? What?
I did wonder myself but then thought possibly may have posted this in the wrong section..
can happen to anyone ....
Old 13-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #81
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I think he's making a stand against tap water, but is all for polar bears.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #82
lukey039
Just a spectator

Hello guys and girls,

Well as mentioned above I have been busy of late and I'm sorry for that but thats life.Some of the above is truthful and some just don't know what they are talking about.

As of 12:30 today I have pulled the plug on my Rep position.Its not the way I had intended on finishing up but ИИИИ happens.I have been with the club since the beginning back with www.fordi8 and [url]www.eafalcon.com. We as a club have done alot in the past and I think we are still the only state that has had camps like we have had.I have had a great time running the show and meeting heaps of great people in the process.Its been good to have the Humble Falcon which a couple of years ago got the crap bagged out of it and now we can all hold our heads high up against the commordore guys.

Since the beginning there has been a great group of guys who have been with me for the ride and you know who you all are and there are 2 which I know wouldn't mind being a rep they are Rollin and BIG Tim which I think Tim wants not the total roll just a helping hand like he has offered me in the past.

Thanks again guys from Queensland who voted me in in the first place and who have turned up to the meets over the years and to Trouty for starting this humble club those years ago.

Last edited by lukey039; 13-04-2006 at 07:05 PM.
lukey039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #83
HOON69
Banned

sorry to hear it mate

but if someones gunna replace you its gotta be someone who's willing to put a fair bit into the meets and cruises and even though a few come to mind noone as yet can say their gunna be devoted to "the cause"

unless you make multiple reps to share the load abit.

good luck luke im sure i'll see you around on other meets etc
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #84
Rollin
Banned

Lukey039 - We all think you are an absolutely top bloke, we know you have organised many cruises in the past which have gone brilliantly, and two camps which I very much enjoyed attending (and I'm sure I'm not the only one! good old Campdrunk(tm) heheheh) please realise that we all value your input and please know that we all respect you immensely!

Unfortunately it just seemed that you didn't have the time to devote to a very demanding task, which is in no way a slight on your part, the only reason I put my hand up is because currently I have a lot of spare time, and thought that getting the E-Series section going great guns would be an avenue where I could devote some of that wasted time...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #85
HOON69
Banned

well done to the board though
it seems were on the right step for making e series bigger and better then ever before

on topic as a active/lazy e series owner

qld rep needs to be the below:

UNBIASED towards all members old and new
be respectful of all ages and groups,as not every e series owner is 20 and a player
needs to welcome new members and be active in achieving larger numbers in cruises etc

what im saying is someone outta the main group whom aint part of the usual suspects whom will devote time towards all members not just their friends

the qld rep isnt a name tag its a position of trust and respect etc so the board should seriously think about whom will take over the qld spot as i know as a family man myself have seen numerous new members whom have families leave e series cruises because they dont seem welcomed or fit in with the usual one group of mates straying from the others kinda mentality.

rep needs to be mature and respectful of all ages and groups etc family ppl singles,male female etc and lukey was the only bloke whom actually made me feel wanted in the e series group,so if the board pics please pic someone whom is going to do the job not someone wanting their name in big blue writing or with the name tag to show boat.

lukey you'll be sadly missed mate,i say this with heart your def the best bloke in qld e series and the only bloke who isnt biased towards all e series.

cheers
thats my 2 cents worth
Old 13-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #86
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69

lukey you'll be sadly missed mate,i say this with heart your def the best bloke in qld e series and the only bloke who isnt biased towards all e series.

cheers
thats my 2 cents worth
just because lukey isnt "officially the rep", doesnt mean that he wont have a say..... he will still be encouraged ( well i hope he will be) to help arange meets and events , invited along etc.....

what it does mean is that everyone wont be at him / waiting for him etc.... which would have to be relieving for lukey, as well as hopefully get more things going in queensland...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #87
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
just because lukey isnt "officially the rep", doesnt mean that he wont have a say..... he will still be encouraged ( well i hope he will be) to help arange meets and events , invited along etc.....

what it does mean is that everyone wont be at him / waiting for him etc.... which would have to be relieving for lukey, as well as hopefully get more things going in queensland...
hence my reply above rollin's
where i stated
Quote:
good luck luke im sure i'll see you around on other meets etc
Old 13-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #88
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Lukey, I am sorry to see your position end this way. You can be proud of what you have achieved and the achievements that have been made over time. Even though I've only met you once, and all too briefly, I agree with Rollin and Hoon that you will be sadly missed.

Until the more recent decline of Qld meets, Lukey proved himself a truly great Rep who was on very friendly terms with all around him, including those of us who were interstate - the rare kind of person who is respected by all and has respect for all. A leader who was both humble, yet achieved innovative events such as the successful camps that have raised eyebrows elsewhere around the country. He even attended a Victorian cruise once, while on holiday.

It would mean a lot to me if the newer members would please give due respect to the experience and views of the older members before ranting and lashing out at the Board. Everyone agrees that we must move forward decisively, but we are determined to have truly worthy replacement voted in, as he/she will have big shoes to fill.
Old 14-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #89
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Well done guys! Looks like a fine board selection. Make us proud ya'll
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #90
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

No need to fret, Lukey will always have the support and friendship of a few of us originals that's for sure!
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote