Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-11-2005, 01:09 PM   #61
niko
likes falcon's

ive always thought of going, but its pretty dam expensive, and it be good to go with a group of fellas that have "big mouths" so to speak behind there keyboard
Old 11-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #62
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
trouty, i like your thinking.

perhaps we should get a defence driving school on board with ff.com.au and give group discounts?????
Nearly 2000 posts and you havent realised we already have had 3 advanced driving day courses organised for the forum members?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #63
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

It might be an idea if future AFF courses are posted in the E series Events forum. That said, we may be able to justify doing our own thing in the future - time will tell.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #64
94EDxr6
5.SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
hey!! i thought someone had an accident...it was outside Manor Lakes, i live in there, i drove right past in the ute.

I saw a few guys standing around inspecting the car. It was very wet yesterday, although the road seemed dry when i came past.

sorry i didn't stop, i even said to my mate 'wonder if its someone off the forums!' I use that roundabout everyday, i always take it easy, it can be a slippery one! good luck with the repair

He should have had an eseries sticker
94EDxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:08 PM   #65
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
It might be an idea if future AFF courses are posted in the E series Events forum. That said, we may be able to justify doing our own thing in the future - time will tell.

what he said^^^
Old 11-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #66
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo74
sorry man ,and to say u wished you wer deadits only a fkin CAR mate ...who cares?
go through drug addiction,alcohol,two wives that ed around and 5 mates die within 4 yrs...THEN you have problems...i know that seems harsh but...you can FIX your car...sometimes other things just cant be fixed.....
gee..im as happy as larry no doubt har...freakin ...har
the man is right, it is only a car and i can sympathise when your pride and joy is damaged i should know.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #67
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFED6
Another factor might be that the car has an LSD and the driver may not have been prepared for how they can make a car handle.

- John
True that damn lsd.. just done an lsd conversion in my car.. its like a totally different car in the wet.. it doesnt take much in the wet for it to just 180. Not that i have done that... but a friend of mine :Reverend:
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #68
efgiar
rofl copter

lol, thanks for the input, i barely accelerate hard at all now, and dont accelerate at all around corners exept wen im stopped etc, but in a brighter light i have put the new front bar on, with the chrome/green inserts and the cornering lights, and it looks like a resprayed ex taxi :P but it looks alot better then having grass and dirt every were, there was about 2 massive handfulls of dirt in the chassis rail... dont have a clue how it got there the bar was only damaged up to the cornering light. ill be pulling the side skirt off tomorow or sunday morning and fibre glassing it and bogging it hopfully, and then ill be saving for a respray of the pannels i screwed

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #69
oneredED
need more boost

efgiar, I sorta know what you've going through. You may have seen the results of my little prang a few months ago. Although I was being an idiot, and I know it :P, I still felt pretty bad. Ended up costing around 100 bucks to fix mine all up (inc wheel alignment), but the damage looked pretty bad LOL.

I have been in the another situation though that was similar to yours, but i didn't come unstuck. I hit a patch of oil around a bend on a notoriously twisty road (coincidently the same road I pranged on about 3 months later). The car instantly went perpendicular to the direction of travel, and I cut off an oncoming ute by cm's, avoiding a foot high cerb at around 80kmh, and then cut off an XR8 trying not to go over a cliff seconds later. I have never been so scared. I do not believe I was driving outside my limitations, or too fast for the conditions, and the oil patch I hit was seemingly invisible. Looking back, the oil had probably been placed there by "wannabe drifters" or something, but it was a deliberate oil down. Anyways, If you say you weren't being an idiot, then I believe you, because s h i t does happen sometimes, and it's not entirely your fault.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #70
niko
likes falcon's

i just had a look at the beast, and it doesnt look as bad as it sounds. after calming down, and giving the car a wash from all the mud, i saw the ditch to was like half a meter deep!

the rhs skirt is craked, but not missing anything. the rear bar is hanging down like 3-4mm and the front bar was stuffed, has been replaced.

other than that was very lucky to come away as clean as it did, rims are all fine to
Old 11-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #71
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah me and nikos mate went to look at the ditch, and now that i look at it, im very suprised it didnt roll or end up leaning on its side... the ditch was about 3 - 4 foot deep, and the front rh side of the bar hit the ditch then span the **** end around full and slammed into the ditch... very lucky i didnt come out worse

thats all
Old 11-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #72
efgiar
rofl copter

hamo, go have a look, ur jaw will drop lol

thats all
Old 11-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #73
niko
likes falcon's

very lucky in this instance!