Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #61
Plunkett
never enough power

I’m booked in for the 4th of November with JMM, going to bring along a set of 24 pound injectors and see what numbers we can get out of the NA i6.

11 sleeps to go!!! :
Old 24-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #62
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunkett
I’m booked in for the 4th of November with JMM, going to bring along a set of 24 pound injectors and see what numbers we can get out of the NA i6.

11 sleeps to go!!! :
good stuff

you guys do realise it's not going to be a simple matter of walking in, getting the tune, then taking it home though right ? There's going to be a HUGE amount of R&D to do on each car, being a brand new tune. I'm not expecting to get my car back for a couple of weeks.
Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #63
Plunkett
never enough power

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
good stuff

you guys do realise it's not going to be a simple matter of walking in, getting the tune, then taking it home though right ? There's going to be a HUGE amount of R&D to do on each car, being a brand new tune. I'm not expecting to get my car back for a couple of weeks.
I know Brendan has had his hands on a Demo chip for a good period of time now and has don most of the R & D that he needs to for my sort of set up.

Having said that I’m hoping to have it back same day but I am sure there will be more then one trip to Altona in November.
Old 24-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #64
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it wouldnt take long to adjust the things that need to be adjusted. Less fuel at idle, more fuel at revs, more timing all round etc etc.

We are going to heathcote straight away Plunkett!
Old 24-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #65
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
yeah it wouldnt take long to adjust the things that need to be adjusted. Less fuel at idle, more fuel at revs, more timing all round etc etc.
if only it was that simple

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #66
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
if only it was that simple

Obviously its not but its not gonna be a week long tuning affair to make it right.

But in Plunketts case if something can go wrong it will. :
Old 24-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #67
Plunkett
never enough power

That’s it! If anything goes wrong, i will hold you responsible for any jinxing, and will take your car as remuneration. ing_sm
Old 24-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #68
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha my car doesnt run!

Its not going anywhere for 6 weeks!
Old 24-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #69
Plunkett
never enough power

You couldn't just leave it as a stock AIT could you? You had to play with things and upgrade stuff, didn't you?

Silly little Danna.