Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2006, 02:41 AM   #61
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

So the Force 8 is just a GT without a wing....pardon my ignorance, but isn't the HSV Senator very similar to a Clubsport?

Force 6 looks hot as, the Typhoon motor without the (almost silly) boy racer looks, seems pretty logical in my mind, and if there's a Force 6, you have to market a Force 8. Something for the high payed execs out there that dont want the 'look at me' image of the GT/GT-P. I'd give my left....no, hell with it, BOTH nuts for a Force 6.
Old 27-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #62
owl

on wednesday i drove a new auto HSVGTS i must say it was very refined and with that new suspension thing handled brilliantly it was silver and looked to my like it represented gentlemans horsepower if you know what i mean a bit like an M3 or M5 the dealer who is a friend of many years told me that . there target market is to lure over top end euro performance drivers as if to say that HSV feel they have moved on from GTS v GT battles .after having both of us giving the GTS a good bootfull i suggested we take my 2003 manual GT for a run round the same roads to me the GT surprised there was not that much in it in terms of grunt feei which old mate agreed he drove after me and repetedly told me how well it went and loved the engine noise .this was the first time JM had driven a GT and was impressed the GT may be not be quite as fast as the HSV but seat of the pants is was hard to pick it is still a car with plenty of mumbo and old school muscle car appeal something the HSV lacked so for all the FPV knockers try driving one before you comment
owl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #63
Flaming Mo

[QUOTE=K_Man]So the Force 8 is just a GT without a wing....pardon my ignorance, but isn't the HSV Senator very similar to a Clubsport?

K-Man, where do we start? Some of the differences between Clubsport and Senator are;
- different front bumper mouldings
- different rear bumber mouldings / diffuser
- different skirting colour
- different fog light assembly
- different grill
- different wheels
- rear spoiler
- rain sensing wipers
- front park assist
- Nappa Leather Seats
- 8 way electric & passenger seats with memory
- overhead DVD player (standard)
- a number of different exterior paint colours (exclusive to Senator & Grange)

I'm sure there are other differences that I haven't mentioned, but place them next to each other and you can see the visible difference from every angle (front / side / rear).

I think people's gripe with the Force models are not their individual looks. As an individual car on their own they look great. I think some people are disappointed that FPV have made what appears to be a lazy effort for a new model. A new Luxury model that didn't even warrant any bodykit changes or even a new individual set of wheels.

Personally I don't blame the designers at FPV. I'm certain that they had a long wishlist for their new luxury model. I think they just currently have a lack of support from those controlling the purse strings.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #64
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
What is the difference between a Fairmont Ghia and a XT?
Nothing at all, just a few bits of plastic and seats and wheels and stuff.
You want a bling bling FPV, I do not. This means that FPV sell two cars, one of each.
If you hate the Force then don't buy one. It is not as though FPV are dropping the Typhoon or GT. They are just alternatives.
I nearly cancelled my original order for my GT-P when I was mistakenly told that stripes were mandatory. I don't like stripes. Others do. If they like them, they order them, that is their choice.

The statements made above about the GT or GT-P or F6 being the same car with different stripes only highlights that none of them have actually driven all the different models.

A GT and a GT-P drive and feel totally different. Even if you option up a GT with all the GT-P bits that you can they are STILL totally different.
Drive a GT for 10 hours and then drive a GT-P, you will understand.

I have a GT-P interior in my F6. I aquired it to replace the leather F6 interior because it is THAT MUCH BETTER to drive in. Others may not like it but I do and as I spend about 800 hours a year driving i.e. 16 hours a week or so, I want the most comfortable ergonomic platform I can.
When I sell the F6 I will restore the original interior and sell the GT-P one or use it in something else.
I also have different, springs, cambre kit, shockies and tyres all of which are more suited to highway driving. Other than a filter my drive train has no bolt on modifications because it goes fast enough......

I would remove the front body kit and wing if I could without spending money as the front is constantly scraping the ground and the wing just an impedement to rear vision.

I buy cars to drive, not to show, or pose, or love, or spend hours cleaning and polishing.
Others like to do those things and that is their choice.

I have not driven a Force yet but if it has a "good" an interior as the GT-P and it performs as well as a F6 and it is subtle and unobvious as a Ghia then IT IS MY TYPE OF CAR.

Why is this wrong? Why must I be forced to buy something that is not exactly what I want?

I had a Ghia.
I wanted more performance.
I bought a blueprint GT-P. It was great except it drew too much attention.
I sold it and bought a basic F6.
It went better but did not stop and was a bit "povvo" inside.
I sold it and bought another F6 in lightning strike with brembos, leather, satnav etc.
It is great and also draws much less attention.
I missed my GT-P seats so I bought a GT-P interior.
Now FPV have released what I think is my perfect car......

Hmm perhaps I came across harshly.

I think the concept of the Force is good, and way over due, but I think the lack of effort in this cars is appauling.

I have nothing against the mechanical package, or how it looks or goes, but Ford rant on how its based off a Ghia and it looks nothing like one. An FPV version of a BF2 Ghia would be hot! It would then be distinguishable from all other FPV's and XR's and have its own little spot as it should have when its meant to be the most expensive model you can get.

Im not after bling, but what sucks is that whats stopping someone from getting a GT/F6, saying hold the rear spioiler and stipes and wala; you have a Force. That would **** me off if I was a Force owner, where is the incentive to buy the best Henry has to offer?

I dont want to harp on to much about the manual thing, but just wait for the Wheels and Motor magazines to do a comparison. Its going to get mauled. Now, im pretty sure HSV dont offer a manual on the Senator, but so what, if Ford did then that would give those who want to change gears for themselves the option, and could sway someone into buying one.

Remembering back to BFYB's or an award like that, the XR6T manual got in just because it is so much fun to drive, no other car had a manual and auto version in the same tests as seperate contestants.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #65
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Funny how (as Flappist said) that most of the critics of the Force range have never sat their bum in any FPV let alone driven one. And saying that every FPV has never been as quick as the equivelent HSV, without having actually driven both is also silly.
It's a great idea and I am hopeful that it continues.

Hear hear, too many people on here criticise cars they haven't really experienced other than reading articles from other peoples - and quite often biased opinions.
Old 27-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #66
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Hear hear, too many people on here criticise cars they haven't really experienced other than reading articles from other peoples - and quite often biased opinions.
LOL...and how do you know what experience some people have had? Ive driven FPV's, quite extensively actually, but Im not going to sit here and brag or get on my high horse about it.

Some people here, which is fair enough as it is a Ford forums, are what I said before, blue noses. People who would sit behind Tom Gormans backside, let him dump on them and be thankful that his poo is blue; FoA can do no wrong.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #67
kinksta
Luxojet

i didnt realise this was a "lets all have a sook because its not the car that i want" post. for christs sake get over it. i reckon it looks the goods....
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #68
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Did I say your name Polyal?
Old 27-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #69
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

can't please everyone.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #70
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Did I say your name Polyal?
Nah you didn't mate, wasn't meant as a go at you. And I agree that alot of people crap on and they dont know what they are talking about; myself included on some subjects.

Its just a forum thing, that I guess you dont know who people are, or what they know.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #71
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
can't please everyone.
Cant always accept a half arsed job? :
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #72
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Yep, and they sold like hotcakes......
I wouldn't class 828 cars sold between 1999-2002 selling like hotcakes and they didn't have the GT or F6 to compete against.

T1 201
T2 199
T3 428

With regards to the force cars visually there is very little difference (rear wing, wheels) although i understand why the Force 6 interests you. You want an F6 with the ghia interior and the Force 6 gives you that but it is a small market to sell to. As far as the Force 8 goes purchase a GTP without stripes, remove the rear wing and pocket the 10k.

I and many others on this forum are just trying to see the logic in Fpv's thinking releasing another model with such subtle differences and such a large make up in price over (imo) very similar cars.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #73
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Cant always accept a half arsed job? :
If they don't sell then i will agree with you.

To the young enthusiast, it missed the mark, to the demographic they are aimed at, it might be just what they want.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #74
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
If they don't sell then i will agree with you.

To the young enthusiast, it missed the mark, to the demographic they are aimed at, it might be just what they want.
Hyndsight is a marvellous thing...lay your chips down now...lol:

Does anyone have any figures for how many Senators they sell? Id be keen to know what kind of target FPV has.

This is how I see it. FPV/Ford are struggling, they dont want to invest so they find the cheapest possible way to enter a market they are not in. Mission accomplished.

I would have thought it would have been easier to make the Force an option pack. Why should you have to pay more for them taking content out?

Actually, why cant an FPV customer have a choice of rears spoilers, rims etc etc? Whats stopping a GTP customer from ordering a lip spoiler? That would look rather hot actually, a GTP with stripes and a Force rear spoiler...hmm
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #75
anakha

Has anyone compared the torque spread on a 3 valve V8 to the Boss 290? Seems to me for the intended use of the car you'd be losing out most of the time with the Force 8 vs a regular Fairmont Ghia. Of course there is the street cred factor to consider but its a hell of a premium to pay for it.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #76
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hyndsight is a marvellous thing...lay your chips down now...lol:

Does anyone have any figures for how many Senators they sell? Id be keen to know what kind of target FPV has.

This is how I see it. FPV/Ford are struggling, they dont want to invest so they find the cheapest possible way to enter a market they are not in. Mission accomplished.

I would have thought it would have been easier to make the Force an option pack. Why should you have to pay more for them taking content out?

Actually, why cant an FPV customer have a choice of rears spoilers, rims etc etc? Whats stopping a GTP customer from ordering a lip spoiler? That would look rather hot actually, a GTP with stripes and a Force rear spoiler...hmm

Lay the chips down now... ok, i think it's a smart product that is HIGHLY profitable with probably close to zero expenditure to develop.

It would be great if Ford/FPV could be such flexible operators, but they can't run their business like that becuase they need consistancy in production.

They don't make cars to specific order, they do the research on what the market wants, work out how many sales that market wants per day, then they build them. That's the only way to utilise the production line and to make sure it's efficient.

The pricing point though is interesting, i would have expected the same levels of price cuts that were applied to XR's and the GHIA.

For me, the Force pricing is high.
Old 27-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #77
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

It would be great if Ford/FPV could be such flexible operators, but they can't run their business like that becuase they need consistancy in production.
They do jack, drop an engine in (or is that at the plant across the road?), pop some bumpers on, get some coloured sticky tape out and throw the rims on. I could be wrong though but thats what I thought happens.

Its not like its anything structural. How many do they make a day? Couldn't be that many.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #78
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They do jack, drop an engine in (or is that at the plant across the road?), pop some bumpers on, get some coloured sticky tape out and throw the rims on. I could be wrong though but thats what I thought happens.

Its not like its anything structural. How many do they make a day? Couldn't be that many.
No it's not that many, but they are limited to the timely (and expensive) production process for ALL BOSS engines for installation and stockpiling.
Old 27-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #79
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
I wouldn't class 828 cars sold between 1999-2002 selling like hotcakes and they didn't have the GT or F6 to compete against.

T1 201
T2 199
T3 428

What were you thinking introducing facts into the discussion? The emphasis needing to be on the T1 and T2 models with regards to the Force cars.

They were seen as a very good idea at the time. However in the end they were seen as over priced under performing cars by the market and were purchased at that rate that reflected that belief.

Tickford played the only card they could and it was indeed better then doing nothing at all. The ideology was far greater then just sheet metal. Exclusivity in the dealership and treatment as well as the understated look offering a technological first for the segment.

A great concept that unfortunately just didn't have the hardware to back it up. When Tickford reacted they threw the baby out with the bath water. Wild kit wild look but introduced credibility in the performance numbers. The market reacted. The lack of wings and big kits were never the problem. 200 and 220 kws at 70 and 80 k was and then the performance out of a 35k Executive LS1 220 was in most parts another nail. That’s a hard ask for the most loyal of Ford consumer to swallow but they found approx 400 people over two years. Not good but they had the XR brand to prop the number up.

Fast forward to today and we have the same situation. Excluding anything with a T6 engine, the cars launched are over priced under specc’ed compared to the opposition and in essence too long in coming.

Like T1 and T2, Force is the right idea at the wrong time. Both attempts at this car have come at the wrong time in the product cycle. A T1 with a T3 engine would have seen a vastly different result. It’s not the idea that was wrong but the package that underpinned it.

It’s the same now or I suspect it will be.

Yes lets applaud the return of the concept as its been a long time in coming but lets be honest. While its great to have the idea back it is again packaged and priced short of the mark with just a hint of confusion. Glairy red seats with chrome mirrors are hardly understated.

Sak claimed BF2 would work on the strengths provided by Ford in as much that neither Prodrive nor FPV can impact on the product at this stage of its development. Two months ago that was the first clue of what was to follow. That’s exactly where FPV have been for the last two years. Supposedly they have a wish list in for approval. The issue with that is that to get close to some of the technical aspects of the competition approval of some engineering content had to have been granted about 3 years ago. We have now read where engineering of projects that don’t have approval have been completed. When you are in that stage of your business plan it doesn't leave much room to progress the product that’s in the market. Essentially that’s what we are faced with.
We are all consumers. No one needs to drive or own the product to proffer an opinion on product direction or value. I think we are all able to offer that opinion as well as each other.

The force product is up against it largely due to its timing. It will be the little details that bring it undone. “If” the idea is a luxury competitor and that the emphasis is indeed on the comfort aspects of performance not having a bespoke suspension tune or option will show the car to be short in engineering depth. If that proves to be the case and given its price structure the people with the money will reflect exactly what the great majority on this site already have. Nice idea, call me when there is substance behind the concept that backs its position with in the market. The competition is moving to reduce the performance / comfort compromise in this specific segment. What are you offering?

If it’s a start, it needed to be sooner. If it fails, it’s not because there isn’t a market for the understated look. Value at some point always tempers reasoning.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #80
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
What were you thinking introducing facts into the discussion? The emphasis needing to be on the T1 and T2 models with regards to the Force cars.

They were seen as a very good idea at the time. However in the end they were seen as over priced under performing cars by the market and were purchased at that rate that reflected that belief.

Tickford played the only card they could and it was indeed better then doing nothing at all. The ideology was far greater then just sheet metal. Exclusivity in the dealership and treatment as well as the understated look offering a technological first for the segment.

A great concept that unfortunately just didn't have the hardware to back it up. When Tickford reacted they threw the baby out with the bath water. Wild kit wild look but introduced credibility in the performance numbers. The market reacted. The lack of wings and big kits were never the problem. 200 and 220 kws at 70 and 80 k was and then the performance out of a 35k Executive LS1 220 was in most parts another nail. That’s a hard ask for the most loyal of Ford consumer to swallow but they found approx 400 people over two years. Not good but they had the XR brand to prop the number up.

Fast forward to today and we have the same situation. Excluding anything with a T6 engine, the cars launched are over priced under specc’ed compared to the opposition and in essence too long in coming.

Like T1 and T2, Force is the right idea at the wrong time. Both attempts at this car have come at the wrong time in the product cycle. A T1 with a T3 engine would have seen a vastly different result. It’s not the idea that was wrong but the package that underpinned it.

It’s the same now or I suspect it will be.

Yes lets applaud the return of the concept as its been a long time in coming but lets be honest. While its great to have the idea back it is again packaged and priced short of the mark with just a hint of confusion. Glairy red seats with chrome mirrors are hardly understated.

Sak claimed BF2 would work on the strengths provided by Ford in as much that neither Prodrive nor FPV can impact on the product at this stage of its development. Two months ago that was the first clue of what was to follow. That’s exactly where FPV have been for the last two years. Supposedly they have a wish list in for approval. The issue with that is that to get close to some of the technical aspects of the competition approval of some engineering content had to have been granted about 3 years ago. We have now read where engineering of projects that don’t have approval have been completed. When you are in that stage of your business plan it doesn't leave much room to progress the product that’s in the market. Essentially that’s what we are faced with.
We are all consumers. No one needs to drive or own the product to proffer an opinion on product direction or value. I think we are all able to offer that opinion as well as each other.

The force product is up against it largely due to its timing. It will be the little details that bring it undone. “If” the idea is a luxury competitor and that the emphasis is indeed on the comfort aspects of performance not having a bespoke suspension tune or option will show the car to be short in engineering depth. If that proves to be the case and given its price structure the people with the money will reflect exactly what the great majority on this site already have. Nice idea, call me when there is substance behind the concept that backs its position with in the market. The competition is moving to reduce the performance / comfort compromise in this specific segment. What are you offering?

If it’s a start, it needed to be sooner. If it fails, it’s not because there isn’t a market for the understated look. Value at some point always tempers reasoning.
I wish there was a spot on the boardroom table for you Ian.

On the approvals side of things, Sak's comments are pretty close to the truth and is common automotive practise when it concerns future product and their approval. Engineering and development are always usually conducted well before approval.
Old 27-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #81
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My hotcakes comment was sarcasm....

The MAJOR reason why the T series were a sales failure was that they were only available from a very small number of dealers and had to be serviced by those dealers.
They were also not advertised very well.

In my case, the nearest dealer was 400km away and at the time within that 400km was at least 6 HSV dealers.

They tried to make it exclusive and they succeeded because bugger all of them sold....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #82
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Just illustrating to Flappist that the T-series line did not sell in large numbers, not enough to say they were successfull.

Quote:

Yeah common knowledge to most, they were underpowered compared to the competion but the T1 T2 range were poorly marketed and when one wasn't able to visit any dealership to view or test a car this had a large affect on sales. If you could have purchased one at any dealership there's no doubt they would have sold in larger numbers.

Quote:

Like T1 and T2, Force is the right idea at the wrong time. Both attempts at this car have come at the wrong time in the product cycle. A T1 with a T3 engine would have seen a vastly different result. It’s not the idea that was wrong but the package that underpinned it.It’s the same now or I suspect it will be.

I agree with everything you said but the points you are making about the Force models illustrate why they may fail to sell, moreso the Force 8.

Quote:
Sak claimed BF2 would work on the strengths provided by Ford in as much that neither Prodrive nor FPV can impact on the product at this stage of its development. Two months ago that was the first clue of what was to follow. That’s exactly where FPV have been for the last two years.

Supposedly they have a wish list in for approval. The issue with that is that to get close to some of the technical aspects of the competition approval of some engineering content had to have been granted about 3 years ago. We have now read where engineering of projects that don’t have approval have been completed. When you are in that stage of your business plan it doesn't leave much room to progress the product that’s in the market. Essentially that’s what we are faced with.

No arguments here, maybe instead of trying to release a new line of Fpv models they could have spent the budget elsewhere.

The price of Force models will most likely be the deciding factor, most purchasers looking at performance vehicles know what their buying.

The market they are chasing is the slighty understated performance car like GM's VE Calais or HSV Senator. My bet is it will run the exact same suspension tune that is in the current FPV range which is probably too firm a ride compliance for the market they are trying to target.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here

Last edited by Noddy; 27-10-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 27-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #83
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
My hotcakes comment was sarcasm....

The MAJOR reason why the T series were a sales failure was that they were only available from a very small number of dealers and had to be serviced by those dealers.
They were also not advertised very well.

In my case, the nearest dealer was 400km away and at the time within that 400km was at least 6 HSV dealers.

They tried to make it exclusive and they succeeded because bugger all of them sold....
Sorry mate, wasn't sure if you knew what sort of numbers the T1 and 2 sold.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 27-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #84
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Sat in a few Force 6's today, pretty nice and comfortable. Felt strange getting into the hard seats of Persuit ute.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #85
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo
RE: Senator differences
I stand corrected. But there looks to be a few more differences between Typhoon and Force 6 compared to GT and Force 8. Typhoon really has a boy racer look to it (BF MK1 did anyway) whereas Force 6 looks a bit more upmarket in comparison. However, Ford couldn't make a Force 6 without a Force 8. That was part of my point.
Old 27-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #86
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Here I was thinking the force 8 was really supercharged.

I seriously thought to myself, wow, FPV have done something right for a change.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #87
Boss 290

force doesnt have to mean turbocharged or supercharged.....why not get over it and believe the fact that force just means...feeling the force of one of these cars..it is a good name but for that particular model it would have been better to call it f6 ghia or gt ghia...i was reading the carsguide in todays paper and i think it was tom gorman who said they are thinking of a terry to do up but has to wait for the all clear. anyway he said if he had to think of a perfect number of fpv's it would be 10...currently fpv have 8, with this terry it will be 9...what does that leave for 10? gt-ho? or probably a xr5 version for fpv? its all promising news and orion will be the breaking point...i think the force models look great and they deserve to cost more they are luxuary and have leather and auto standard, which is great.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:45 AM   #88
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Here I was thinking the force 8 was really supercharged.
I seriously thought to myself, wow, FPV have done something right for a change.
Hey champ as other have said no stress, just take it bluepower and force that puppy all you want.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:52 AM   #89
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's always been a few sellers on ebay selling the chrome mirror scalps for the AU-BA (from the Fairlane Ghia's) for ~$105. It'll be interesting to see if they bump their prices up now and claim it's a FPV product! I'm still undecided on them, I think they're trying a bit hard to be Audi S- series. Still a good looking bunch of cars though.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #90
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
What is the difference between a Fairmont Ghia and a XT?
Nothing at all, just a few bits of plastic and seats and wheels and stuff.
You want a bling bling FPV, I do not. This means that FPV sell two cars, one of each.
If you hate the Force then don't buy one. It is not as though FPV are dropping the Typhoon or GT. They are just alternatives.
I nearly cancelled my original order for my GT-P when I was mistakenly told that stripes were mandatory. I don't like stripes. Others do. If they like them, they order them, that is their choice.

The statements made above about the GT or GT-P or F6 being the same car with different stripes only highlights that none of them have actually driven all the different models.

A GT and a GT-P drive and feel totally different. Even if you option up a GT with all the GT-P bits that you can they are STILL totally different.
Drive a GT for 10 hours and then drive a GT-P, you will understand.

I have a GT-P interior in my F6. I aquired it to replace the leather F6 interior because it is THAT MUCH BETTER to drive in. Others may not like it but I do and as I spend about 800 hours a year driving i.e. 16 hours a week or so, I want the most comfortable ergonomic platform I can.
When I sell the F6 I will restore the original interior and sell the GT-P one or use it in something else.
I also have different, springs, cambre kit, shockies and tyres all of which are more suited to highway driving. Other than a filter my drive train has no bolt on modifications because it goes fast enough......

I would remove the front body kit and wing if I could without spending money as the front is constantly scraping the ground and the wing just an impedement to rear vision.

I buy cars to drive, not to show, or pose, or love, or spend hours cleaning and polishing.
Others like to do those things and that is their choice.

I have not driven a Force yet but if it has a "good" an interior as the GT-P and it performs as well as a F6 and it is subtle and unobvious as a Ghia then IT IS MY TYPE OF CAR.

Why is this wrong? Why must I be forced to buy something that is not exactly what I want?

I had a Ghia.
I wanted more performance.
I bought a blueprint GT-P. It was great except it drew too much attention.
I sold it and bought a basic F6.
It went better but did not stop and was a bit "povvo" inside.
I sold it and bought another F6 in lightning strike with brembos, leather, satnav etc.
It is great and also draws much less attention.
I missed my GT-P seats so I bought a GT-P interior.
Now FPV have released what I think is my perfect car......
Woohoo, so FPV have at least one potential sale for a rebaged GHIA/GT hybrid parts-bin-monstrosity :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post