Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #61
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefalcon
hey i didnt DELIBERATELY do it. once it clicked it was too late so i just drove like nothing suss
:

its funny how im just minding my own business with my blue lights and its trouble but when im dragging or doing a burnout or whatever, no cops to be found.
Got to say I am amazed you admit on a public forum to driving like a moron.
Not only should your rice lights be cut out with a gas axe ... .. your license should be crisped with ot too..

If you are stupid enough to do these things.. DO NOT ADMIT IT ON THESE FORUMS.
I'll leave your post as an example to others.

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 22-01-2006 at 08:41 PM.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #62
hornet

My previous car the old VL was cop magnet. Every time I'd go back home to visit my family and friends for the weekend, I'd be pulled over 90% of the time for 'random' licence checks etc. And I didn't drive like an idiot most of the time.

Since my EL, I've been hassled once. My car sits on superlows, has 17's, extractors, 2 1/2" cat back with one muffler, and a big cam. I was pulled over because the Highway patrol thought my car was too low. After some measuring, I was sent on my way after being 2-3mm above the limit He didn't even try to look further to find something else.
Old 22-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #63
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Yeah ive been picked on heaps by the bacon boys, ive had 5 epas and about 600 defects for bullИИИИ reasons and not once have i fixed any problems they put down on the defect sheet. when i had my rims i use to get pulled over alot just for random checks since i changed my zorst to a quite one and put the stockie rims back on they dont really pay much attention to me unless im parked at elwood and all the hoons are doing burnouts lol
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #64
thek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
it was immaculate, but i was pulled over 21 times, no joke.

Mate thats ridiculous. Sure ar'nt moving a bit of rock on the side?
thek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #65
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

The thing that annoys me is when a copper is in the left lane doing 10-15 k's under the speed limit, and every ИИИИ sits behind them.

I pull into the right lane and overtake (doing the speed limit).

Never been pulled over once, not even glared at.

I refused to swear on a bible in court once, magistrates don't like that when they think you're being a smart ИИИИ.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #66
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
I refused to swear on a bible in court once, magistrates don't like that when they think you're being a smart ИИИИ.
Hey I always wondered, what happens if your athiast (sp) do you still have to swear on the bible? :P

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #67
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Got to say I am amazed you admit on a public forum to driving like a moron.
Not only should your rice lights be cut out with a gas axe ... .. your license should be crisped with ot too..

If you are stupid enough to do these things.. DO NOT ADMIT IT ON THESE FORUMS.
I'll leave your post as an example to others.
i dont appreciate those comments XA. i also dont see how my license should be burned merely becuase i had coloured parkers on my car.

is having coloured lights any stupider than an illegal exhaust or other modification that many members freely admit to having?

i dont deserve that kind of treatment. im a new member and im trying to make a contribution. this thread is about ppls dealings with the cops and i thought id share a story. excuse me for offending you.
:
Old 24-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #68
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKEB
when i had my rims i use to get pulled over alot just for random checks since i changed my zorst to a quite one and put the stockie rims back on they dont really pay much attention to me unless im parked at elwood and all the hoons are doing burnouts lol
What nights are people always at Elwood, i always hear its a bit of a hotspot but whenever i have gone past theres nothing much happening there?
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #69
Bobman
Regulator

Police have had a few blitzes there e.t.c and calls for burnouts get priority due to resident concerns over the years, it's usually locked up.

Cars always gather at the BP in Marine Parade these days on a Friday or Saturday night, the big nights of Elwood are all but a distant memory now.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #70
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I've never been pulled over in the 8 years since I first got behind the wheel. My first car was an 82 Gemini (a girls car imo). It was a right bomb of a thing and I drove it like I stole it, but never got pulled over, even with a shockingly loud exhaust (the original resonator died so I put a hotdog on cause it was cheaper than a stocko one and I didn't want to put money into the car). Then I bought my Falcon and I drive that like I stole it (sometimes), yet no disco lights so far.

Anyway I managed to survive my Ps without copping a fine. I finally got past the three years of Purgatory (P plates) a couple of weeks ago then this arvo I think I got done doing 108 while changing lanes. :o Not so bad I guess, only 1 point.

Last edited by Hunter; 24-01-2006 at 12:21 AM. Reason: I can't type properly
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #71
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

My cousin had a VN, and was pulled over all the time.. Not by cop cars, but by Ds..

Anyway, 3 times they asked him to open the sub boxes to have a look. I was the passenger on all 3 occasions, but on the third i gave them a gob full(after a few beers)...

I asked them if i could speak to their CO just to see what the go is, and to try and get his car off "the marked" scene.. It wasnt a surprise looking at the previous owner though.. lol

anyhow, I get followed all the time. But have only been pulled over for a few speeding offences. When i was 17 i got caught doing 81 in a 70 zone and lost my license as they defected a doorhandle(broke that day believe it or not) and a rear tyre.

Have been lucky though, got caught racing a commy off the mark up until about 100km/h in a 60 zone.. The guy on the police bike raced out in front of the two of us, and basically sat in the middle of the two lanes so we wouldnt get passed. He pulled us both over and was yelling before he got his helmet off.. "Get out of the vehicle, both of you"..

Anyhow, stumbling over to him(was a little scared as this guy was huge) he gave us a huge serving.. His index finger almost broozed my chest lol

But in the end, the old "sorry sir, i will not do it again" got us both out of it, and we were simply told to ИИИИ off and not go back (anac ave, redcliffe) lol... I was happy.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #72
Dezza
Parts bin special

I only got pulled over once for doing 115 in a 100 zone, not including the occasional breath test, where they pull over all the cars. Not focusing on any particular car

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 01:23 AM   #73
Bobman
Regulator

They still focus on particular kinds of cars especially if the booze bus site is full and they have to wave cars away or through.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #74
efI_Fairmont

Geez that's really bad luck Gthofan.

I think it depends on the time of day I used to get pulled up in my old ZL Fairlane all the time as i'd be comming home from work around 10-12 at night. It was stock as a rock. When I got my EB which was not stock, cops never paid me any attention and I had a sports exhaust etc. Sometimes followed but never pulled over.

I think they do tend to focus on the older cars or those that look modified. My sister's bf in his Skyline gets pulled over at least once a week for "random" checks.

Hope they stop hassling you!!
Old 31-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #75
Dan1990EA
Low profiles

Red face yeah now and then

we get pulled over because unfortunately we live in a "high drug area" plus we are both on p's, and i am heavily peirced.

Each time we ask why we got pulled over they say " because we saw you come out of @%$^@$% street".

last time i got so sick of it i said well we live in that street so can you please make a mental note "WE ARE MEANT TO BE HERE WE LIVE HERE" she looked a little "annoyed" so i told her i saw her drive past 7 times talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, as well as parking within X metres of a corner and that she was not setting a good example.

Just because they wear a badge doesnt make them god, it just means mouthing off will cost you more.
Old 31-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #76
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1990EA
we get pulled over because unfortunately we live in a "high drug area" plus we are both on p's, and i am heavily peirced.

Each time we ask why we got pulled over they say " because we saw you come out of @%$^@$% street".

last time i got so sick of it i said well we live in that street so can you please make a mental note "WE ARE MEANT TO BE HERE WE LIVE HERE" she looked a little "annoyed" so i told her i saw her drive past 7 times talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, as well as parking within X metres of a corner and that she was not setting a good example.

Just because they wear a badge doesnt make them god, it just means mouthing off will cost you more.
Damn man that was a huge thread mine aye....last post 25-01-06, 01:43 AM ahahhahhahhhahhahhahhha
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #77
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
Damn man that was a huge thread mine aye....last post 25-01-06, 01:43 AM ahahhahhahhhahhahhahhha
Well if he started a new thread some one else would complain and say hasnt this been discussed before its a no win situation

Quote:
LOL...............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #78
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back when I had my very modified Avgas drinking HZ Kingswood I got pulled over a LOT. In the XH I had after that and now the EL I barely get a look from the Police.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #79
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coppers dont bother me at all just the Boozie bus and that is it even when i drove my mum crappy Corona they still didnt take notice if i see them behind me Speed limit

Cops pass me or i am like next to them watever i am sure they can hear my 2 and a half zorst but they dont bother me their after the Commodores, Skylines, WRXs hell yesterday i was on another club cruise i was told this 1987 GTSX Skyline two door with work done to it was pulled over cause the cop knew it would have blown the cop away
I think its more like fear on Cops part they drive stock cars not highy modded cars so they keep tabs on them so to speak
Old 31-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #80
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Do you wear a baseball cap (backwards is worse), have the seat so far back you can barely see over the wheel, have doof-doof music going, black stockies on the back and stickers all over the car?

If you answer is yes to any of the above, that's your answer! :

Giving the cop attitude WON'T help your cause. Those guys have a lot of discretionary powers and won't hesitate to use them. I've been driving dumped, loud Falcons sensibly for 20 years and have never been pulled over or copped a speeding fine. Maybe try and revise your driving habits- the police seem to have gotten to know your car?

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #81
gngtho
Banned

When i had the XY yes it was a mock up gtho hence my user name...

cops used to pull me over just so i could bag it up for them..

i even remember the time i had no brake lights a cop chick on a bike ahhhhhhhhhh
was tailing me from town to the bay (adeliade) when i got at the anzack highway lights she came beside me and get this all she said was..................................

NICE CAR MATE.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #82
gngtho
Banned

but even with all the sh_t boxes i had i never got pulled over.

mabey its the way you drive....
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #83
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

In the EA it is a non issue. In my previous rides it was a different story.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #84
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Pulled over once while on my Ps in my XA coupe. Was only because it blew so much smoke people behind me couldn't see. Told me to get it fixed or they would canary me next time they saw me. Stupid valve stem seals! That was 9 years ago.

The only other time was a Thursday morning on the way to work a couple of years ago in my slightly modded 5.0L EF. I think he was just trying to get his quota, it was just a routine check. Maybe he though I was a P plater lol.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #85
efgiar
rofl copter

only been pulled over doing something i shouldnt have, never lost a point tho :P

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #86
webby_191189
low wagooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan
Coppers dont bother me at all just the Boozie bus and that is it even when i drove my mum crappy Corona they still didnt take notice if i see them behind me Speed limit

Cops pass me or i am like next to them watever i am sure they can hear my 2 and a half zorst but they dont bother me their after the Commodores, Skylines, WRXs hell yesterday i was on another club cruise i was told this 1987 GTSX Skyline two door with work done to it was pulled over cause the cop knew it would have blown the cop away
I think its more like fear on Cops part they drive stock cars not highy modded cars so they keep tabs on them so to speak
I think you need to wipe your chin seems like your dribbling. Im sure an XR8 or a VE SS would have a chance against an old skyline even if it is worked. Remember these new cars are not slow.

Ive had my licence a month and a half and been pulled over once when they had a blitz in town. Copped a major defect but all in all its no-ones fault but my own

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #87
Dezza
Parts bin special

Even with a loud exhaust, and a much tougher looking car, I still tend to be ignored. I'm not complaining.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #88
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

only ever been pulled over once in the EL
****er followed me for 8km as i sat exactly on the speed limmit, followed me into the boat ramp parking lot at wallaroo, hit me up for my licence then told me to pop the hood, no "this is why i pulled u over"

thanx for ur time , heres ya defect hav a nice day

tell me that was random
Old 02-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #89
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:

so i told her i saw her drive past 7 times talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, as well as parking within X metres of a corner and that she was not setting a good example.

Road Rule 305. Exemption for drivers of police vehicles
(1) A provision of the Road Rules does not apply to the driver of a police vehicle
if—
(a) in the circumstances—
(i) the driver is taking reasonable care; and
(ii) it is reasonable that the provision should not apply; and
(b) if the vehicle is a motor vehicle that is moving—the vehicle is displaying
a blue or red flashing light or sounding an alarm.
Note Motor vehicle is defined in the Road Safety Act 1986, and police vehicle is defined
in the dictionary.
(2) Subrule (1)(b) does not apply to the driver if, in the circumstances, it is
reasonable—
(a) not to display the light or sound the alarm; or
(b) for the vehicle not to be fitted or equipped with a blue or red flashing
light or an alarm.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #90
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man