Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #61
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar of Markoz
Thats a great vid there blownvn. I loved it. Do you do video's for a living or something? Music was pretty hardcore, but then again it suited the drags.
Occasionally I do, I've got some stuff on the go at the moment like the LS1 Nats video. I used to a bit with the Street Commodore videos before I left.

I'm not here to put ИИИИ on you, I hope you realise that, I'm just giving you some pointers so you can make your vids even better. You're definitely getting better though.

Maybe you should upload somestuff to Youtube, you've got to keep it under 10-minutes though. I reckon 10-minutes is long enough for any show footage., especially one that's gonna be shown free on the net.

I'm a bit of a metal head when it comes to music but yeah that song certainly suits drag racing.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #62
Oscar of Markoz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never mate. I appreciate the feedback as I like to make things to look great for all. But especially myself.
IMO 10mins for 4 days of Summernats would be a shame. Hence why I cut down 1hrs worth into 30mins.
Hopefully I can work out more of using the effects available with my software and make the videos alittle better. I think alot of it comes down to access you have to vehicles. As I'd love to get certain angles on cars or whatever and just aren't able to due to the way the day pans out, access (media pass) or 1 camera on available at a time.
Oscar of Markoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #63
HOON69
Banned

nice videos d/l the first one the other night and the others are great too ;) WD
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #64
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Never mate. I appreciate the feedback as I like to make things to look great for all. But especially myself.
IMO 10mins for 4 days of Summernats would be a shame. Hence why I cut down 1hrs worth into 30mins.
Hopefully I can work out more of using the effects available with my software and make the videos alittle better. I think alot of it comes down to access you have to vehicles. As I'd love to get certain angles on cars or whatever and just aren't able to due to the way the day pans out, access (media pass) or 1 camera on available at a time.
Access helps for sure and that's not really something I've ever had a problem with but most of the time you have to make do with a single camera because its hard to find volunteers (or even guys who are willing to work for cash) to help you out most of the time. I tell you my life would be much easier if I had someone to help me at some events, typically a team of four would be ideal. On a job I'd be willing to outlay $150/day for a guy to handle some stuff for me but you need someone who can take orders and is willing to work as hard as I do. At some events i'll be on my feet more than 14 hours/day.
Two on large camera's, one organising incar stuff and a runner for incar camera retrieval and food and drink supply for the other guys who are pretty much tied to their locations all day.

Don't overdo it on the effects because effects can't make up for poor editing or bad camera technique. However, having said that, good effects and editing tricks can make a signifigant impact on your videos. The best editing/camera work that I see today in car videos in in the Ignition DVD video magazine. It's just a pity their subject matter sucks (all ricers) but their editing is 100%.

Buy yourself a nice solid tripod (something manfrotto for about $400) a nice 0.5 wide angle lense, and a incar kit if you want to start getting into that stuff. Hook up with Mick and start handling all the video stuff on his website (while he does his still photography) and you'll get plenty of practice.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #65
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner

Oh yeah... How bout dem apples ;)

phwor. thats some serious downloadage.... : thought my 350kb/s was pretty good.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #66
Oscar of Markoz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mick has given up on the Photography and so theres not much use there. I totally agree on the Ingition DVD magazine. I buy it every time it comes out just for their style in editing and layout. There DVD's are crystal clear and special effects are flawless. I don't mind some of the ricey stuff so its all good.
Old 24-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #67
bscampbell

Can I suggest when shooting still objects (cars), don't pan around or move the camera too much.
Probably best if you shoot these with little to no motion.
Just zoom in or out from the same point, or take several shots at different angles, and/or different areas for 5-10 seconds, depending on the object.

eg. you could do several close ups of a cars 'bits', and then the final shot of the entire car, or vice versa.
Or, you may shoot a particular part of an engine, from which you then slowly zoom out from to show the entire engine.

Just some suggestions.
Let me know what you think.

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #68
JD86
DELANY

awesome video mate, took a while to download, but was worth it

cheers
Old 25-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #69
Oscar of Markoz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I have my still camera for still shots. I don't mind showing every angle of a car as I move along as I can edit it later if need be or do what I did and make it run fast then slow down again for more detailed areas of the vehicles. I took a heap of photos from the nats but I posted them up a while ago.
Old 28-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #70
highwaymenace
Starter Motor

Dam.. Man you have talent.. thats is awesome.. so well put together, great taste of the Summermats.. and wow you even showed my pimped out Transit van.. once again top talent... Daz
highwaymenace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #71
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
4 Mins into Powercruise... WTF ??? :

Oh yeah... How bout dem apples ;)

jeez what connection have u got thats insane
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #72
bscampbell

Quote:
Well, I have my still camera for still shots. I don't mind showing every angle of a car as I move along as I can edit it later if need be or do what I did and make it run fast then slow down again for more detailed areas of the vehicles. I took a heap of photos from the nats but I posted them up a while ago.
I still think you shouldn't be panning over motionless vehicles as much as you do in the video.
Watch all the car shows to get the idea.
I'm not having a go at you, just merely providing a suggestion to make your next video better.

Other than that it's a pretty good!

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 01:26 AM   #73
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
jeez what connection have u got thats insane
A fast work related connection ;)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post