Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #61
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Its luck of the draw. Different cops in different areas will treat people differently.

90% of the police ive dealt with have been pretty good and do their job ina reasonable and respectable manner.

Ive come across others with major attitude problems and once have they even tried to bash me! Some friends havnt been so lucky.

I bet people in Knox with nice cars dont go around bragging that theyve never been pulled up.
My point is that everyones vulnerable and you might get done when you least expect it so maybe its best not to look down on the people copping it now because one day you might be needing their support.

(PS. Not directed at anyone in particular)
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #62
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Cops know the cars in their area, they have also probably been waiting a long time for the power to remove some of what would be called bad eggs from the streets, just cause you have been speeding or pulled a burn out in the past and NOT got caught, does not mean that the police have not seen you and noted your behavior down. The police know more then people want to give credit for. So what you call getting busted for no reason is more then likely a flimsy excuse by the police to punish you for previous bad behavior. Bottom line - behave and drive like a normal person at all times and you shouldn't have anythig to worry about.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #63
micksta

lol .. its funny to see ppl are still saying that you HAVE to drive like a tool to be pulled over.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #64
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

In the South Australian context.... the relevant sections can be found in the Road Traffic Act of 1961.

http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/Cata...1961.50.un.htm

Relevant parts of the legislation are contained within Part 3... with the new "ant hoon laws" being contained within Division 4 - Vehicle misuse and dangerous driving.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #65
SupahStah
Tha Stah

I've only been pulled over about 2 times so far, and both where for a breath-o. Heading up to one breath-o I was speeding, 70km/h in a 50km/h zone by their speed camera (drove like a tool) and they just gave me a warning, I think it was because I was fairly polite to all the officers.
I was also caught speeding on the Princess Freeway on a trip from Whittlesea to Geelong... I peaked at about 150 odd km/h - camera caught me doing 138km/h - and the camera was deemed as faulty - got out of that fine.

I've been very lucky - and good for me ive realised my luck, and the fact all luck runs out. Quit while im ahead I think is a good idea, so ive been reletivly clean for 2 years (clean as in, no speed addictions lol).

These regulations and stuff wont bother me, If I want to hoon around, im sure I can fit some time in on a weekend to goto a drag-stip or somthing and let it all out lol...
I think having fairly strict rules on hooning wont only make the roads a little bit more safer - but it will help people keep their cars in better condition - think of the re-sell lol (Hope I didnt jump off subject too much)
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 AM   #66
89 S-PACK

i had the same issues with the cops when i first got my P's... im ashamed to say i had a vb commodore at the time tho.looked nice with stockies on it and i was using it for work at the time... what kept happening was there was 3 other commos the same colour in the same area and they kept doing burnouts in the maccas carpark...(bad idea when theres good security cameras there) enden up just getting out of a canary and a dangerous driving fine at the same time tho cos the manager came running to the cops and said to him thats the wrong rego number and i got let off and i admitted my rear tyres where bald cos i just didnt have the cash for new ones till my next pay tho.... but after that i tore the plates off it when i got home and sold the mole for what i could get....

the week after i bought myself a series 2 ea falcon on lpg and the only time i got pulled in that once the coppers relised it was mine was for a menu for work so i only had to keep a good supply of menus under the dash mat at all times

BUT IVE BEEN OFF MY P's FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS !!!!! AND LOVING IT
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #67
daz82
In the family since 1996

reading all this makes me feel lucky i have a grandma spec car, front and rear sunshades, nudge bar, lions club stickers and badges, and to top it off, a straw hat on the parcel shelf, lol
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #68
89 S-PACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
reading all this makes me feel lucky i have a grandma spec car, front and rear sunshades, nudge bar, lions club stickers and badges, and to top it off, a straw hat on the parcel shelf, lol
ive only been pulled over twice since moving to the ballarat area... first time was bretho test and the second one was when he wanted to book me for having my headlights too high.. but cos i was moving the back of the car was full of heavy sh&t with the trailer and i was obviosly exeeding the maximum tow limit.. the car was lowered and having a huge load on made it worse.. the copper commented had i put new lights in and i said yes and he told me to re-aim them when i got home cos the low beam looked like high beam... and was about to write a canary for that and i just said to him nicely where where u when someone backed into my car last week cos the lights where busted and they left no note at all... but he was nice enough to let me go with a warning

and this was a ea that looked granny spec apart from being slammed on its guts
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 03:06 AM   #69
AdamN
Starter Motor

When I had my Ps.. I was pulled over every friday night and every saturday night. Same thing.. breath test, license check.. mostly the same cops.. what a waste of time. Not one fine any of those times either. I wised up quickly and ended up just taking the P plates off and changing cars. They haven't bothered me since.
AdamN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #70
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
Cops know the cars in their area, they have also probably been waiting a long time for the power to remove some of what would be called bad eggs from the streets, just cause you have been speeding or pulled a burn out in the past and NOT got caught, does not mean that the police have not seen you and noted your behavior down. The police know more then people want to give credit for. So what you call getting busted for no reason is more then likely a flimsy excuse by the police to punish you for previous bad behavior. Bottom line - behave and drive like a normal person at all times and you shouldn't have anythig to worry about.
Jason, that is the answer. exactly right

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #71
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

settle down swapmeat, post some worthwhile comments or go away.

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #72
bentles
Banned

9 months on p's black falcon lowered 17s tints yet to get pulled over

got exhaust done and since have driven past 3 cops on road and 2 were parked with radar out the window since getting exhaust and not been pulled over once. sister had a red vk with rims tints and lowered for 3 years of p plates and didnt get pulled over once either, i thin it has more to do with the way you drive than the car u own. maybe u werent "hooning" but maybe you werent driving smoothly either.. ie: changing lanes every 2 seconds, swerving around in ur lane, accelerating hard, braking hard, etc etc.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #73
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
BTW, I won't be doing any burnouts/sideways action on the roads anymore. I never speed, ever. I used to like the occasional dori around a corner or two on a wet day, but I just can't afford to risk it now.

Sundeep
We all used to do that but im with you on this one Sunny.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #74
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
Im guessing this includes loud music e.g pumping my sub's. Will thay impound me for that:P well thats a waste of 2.4K on my steza :

I think we will have to organise more track day's to fulfill the erge
because nothing's going to make me stop loving some sideway's action:P
The point of cruzin is to enjoy the car, fxxk the subs. IMO. Sorry in advance if i offend.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #75
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
The point of cruzin is to enjoy the car, fxxk the subs. IMO. Sorry in advance if i offend.
but when driving to school or work.

pffft i couldnt live without my sub
Old 08-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #76
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
but when driving to school or work.

pffft i couldnt live without my sub
Mate when i was 18 my Geminis boot was chockas with amps and subs. Then we had my first son and i soon grew out of that ****. Im just too old for that stuff now but i still enjoy seeing you guys decking out the boot and stuff. Im 31 with 3 boys a wife and im getting grey hairs. GIVE ME A **** BREAK FOR CHRIST SAKE and i suspect im losing the plot. Mate when i was 18 oh crap i already said that !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #77
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't want to offend anyone but I think the whole car audio thing has had its day. 5 or 6 years ago everyone had a "sub and amp" but now its kinda sad.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #78
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Mate when i was 18 my Geminis boot was chockas with amps and subs. Then we had my first son and i soon grew out of that ****. Im just too old for that stuff now but i still enjoy seeing you guys decking out the boot and stuff. Im 31 with 3 boys a wife and im getting grey hairs. GIVE ME A **** BREAK FOR CHRIST SAKE and i suspect im losing the plot. Mate when i was 18 oh crap i already said that !!!!!!!!!!!!!
my 48 year old mother turning 49 in march has a 12" jl w3 and got it before i even had a car so its nothing to do with my influence lol!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #79
Steady ED
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
I don't want to offend anyone but I think the whole car audio thing has had its day. 5 or 6 years ago everyone had a "sub and amp" but now its kinda sad.
It's sad to have nice sounding music in your car?
Should probably tell that to every European car manufacturer, and also let Ford know that the Premium Sound option is a waste of time, cause obviously no-one will option it if it's sad!

This threads pretty old too, hoon laws have been out for awhile now...
Steady ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #80
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady ED
Should probably tell that to every European car manufacturer, and also let Ford know that the Premium Sound option is a waste of time, cause obviously no-one will option it if it's sad!

i think he means some of the setups people are installing now are a joke with 60,000 watts of power in a 1.8l lancer which needs engine work just to move the weight of the sound system let alone the 5 meat heads packed into it...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #81
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
BTW, I won't be doing any burnouts/sideways action on the roads anymore. I never speed, ever. I used to like the occasional dori around a corner or two on a wet day, but I just can't afford to risk it now.

Sundeep

I will quiet happily take your cxar off your hands if thats the case..lol

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #82
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady ED

I love good music as much as the next bloke but when your car is developing serious rattles because of the sound system, maybe you should look at putting some dollars into kilowatts rather than watts
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #83
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Mate you aint offending no-one. The big sound system has been and gone. Its about time you tools get over it. No Offence though.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:36 PM   #84
Damo
Banned

Quote:
Mate you aint offending no-one. The big sound system has been and gone. Its about time you tools get over it. No Offence though.
You're in your 30's and you drive an EA. : Doof Doof Doof, subz yes with a Z and an amp are like he first thing P platers do these days. They have NOT been and GONE. As for calling the young generation tools, you drive and EA, pretty unimpressive one at that. :

/end rant

Last edited by fairmont1998; 09-02-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: removed insult
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #85
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
You're in your 30's and you drive an EA. : Doof Doof Doof, subz yes with a Z and an amp are like he first thing P platers do these days. They have NOT been and GONE. As for calling the young generation tools, you drive and EA, pretty unimpressive one at that. :

/end rant
Well I'm 25 most certainly not gay and drive a blown BA. Over done audio systems are for tools.

Last edited by fairmont1998; 09-02-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Quoted edited post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #86
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Well I'm 25 most certainly not gay and drive a blown BA. Over done audio systems are for tools.
I don't think he was talking to you, champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #87
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Each to their own.....over the top audio systems keep me in a job so I don't mind :P Personally, I would rather spend MY dollars on engine mods too, but some people think over done motors are for tools.....
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #88
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said sphell

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #89
SXCXR6
Banned

haha classic oldies being immautre over done audio systems are like over done engines theres a limit to when it becomes a **** factor.
SXCXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #90
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I am OLD and would rather my Doof Doof than Go Fast Bits on my Fairmont.

BUT I also have a Go Fast Car with NO Doof Doof.....lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post