Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #61
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
Its what some ppl claim all Turbo drivers do.... but they dont..... They sit on the line and wait for everything to perfect before launching and done worry about the car in the other lane........ Ok for testing but not RACING!
Simon tell the truth mate,it's to get the car or Turbo on boost.This occurs when you have a big turbo or just plainly up the boost in the standard turbo.When this is done the turbo has to be able to spin harder to get the boost required to take off at peak power,if the turbo doesn't come on boost the car dies or goes like a suzuki mighty boy untill it hits the right amount of speed required to get the turbine to spin up to it's required operating optimun.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #62
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
what do you mean by everything 'perfecting'? like when the turbo kicks in? i know kcuf nothing about turbo cars so any info would be great.
ideal boost, warming there *** up in the seat, picking lastnights dinner out, have a burp, by this stage the starter has fallen asleep and is getting ready to kick him out and drive the car himself... I still havent seen it, and ive videos of geea, and others cutting good lights and running 11's and 10's....

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #63
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
Simon tell the truth mate,it's to get the car or Turbo on boost.This occurs when you have a big turbo or just plainly up the boost in the standard turbo.When this is done the turbo has to be able to spin harder to get the boost required to take off at peak power,if the turbo doesn't come on boost the car dies or goes like a suzuki mighty boy untill it hits the right amount of boost required to get the turbine to spin up to it's required speed.

This doesnt need to be done in a BA/ BF turbo car..... Thats just it..... out:

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #64
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
To the thread starter in all honestly and jokes aside i have a BA GT and am fortunate enough to drive a F6 and be a passenger in a BF F6 and the BF F6 is much quicker and faster,The GT though has a great presence about it that gets alot of people to take notice.I would love a BF F6 in my drive as much as a SRT8.
thanks for the honest reply man. i'll tell him that it seems like it comes down to the whole V8 Vs turbo issue! which in my opinion though i told him to go F6 was that nothing should ever beat the aussie V8 cause it is 'sorta' the predecessor of the lengendary HO series which should never be put in the same catorgory as a turbo (which should be a step or 2 below).
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #65
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
the thing is he asked for the GT in the auto but they only have auto so they said to have a go in typhoon with a auto.
if it was me i wouldnt buy without driving both .
the ba was differant i bought a gt without looking at a phoon . i got 6 sp manual .
today . in BF guise i'd be driving all of em before i made a choice . hence i'd be a real bbaarrrssssted to sell a car to now. but the dealer who had an f6 man , f6 auto, , gt auto, gt man , xr8 auto , xr8 man. would probably get my sale.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #66
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
I don't know what the fuss is about,buy a 6.1 Litre HEMI SRT8 and it's goodbye to all. :evil_laug
I'd like to see that... :ymca:
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #67
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
if it was me i wouldnt buy without driving both .
the ba was differant i bought a gt without looking at a phoon . i got 6 sp manual .
today . in BF guise i'd be driving all of em before i made a choice . hence i'd be a real bbaarrrssssted to sell a car to now. but the dealer who had an f6 man , f6 auto, , gt auto, gt man , xr8 auto , xr8 man. would probably get my sale.
Spot on i was actually amazed how different these cars were.You sit in them both with all or most of the guages being replicated between the 2 but they do feel like 2 different sort of cars when driving them.FPV have done a great job by doing this as it's a great way to get similiar cars with such different characteristics.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 10-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #68
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I'd like to see that... :ymca:
You will be my 1st passenger. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 10-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #69
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
This doesnt need to be done in a BA/ BF turbo car..... Thats just it..... out:
They have done a great job by doing this BUT i have found that the modded ones aren't as well behaved or as responsive as the way they left the factory.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #70
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They have done a great job by doing this BUT i have found that the modded ones aren't as well behaved or as responsive as the way they left the factory.

well when they are modded with bigger dumps and cats they spool even quicker...

Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #71
gtfpv
GT

please guys it's an unwinnable debate . the main thing is they are both fords . and they wont get into the new munsters movie before the new hemi.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #72
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alright. so lets get this cleaned up before i loose my mind! spooling is sorta the same as stalling a N/A car up to the perfect revs before it starts spinning?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #73
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
alright. so lets get this cleaned up before i loose my mind! spooling is sorta the same as stalling a N/A car up to the perfect revs before it starts spinning?
yer :sm_headba

Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #74
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Why are people making comments on modded turbos when they have had no first hand experience. Just looking at the fooly sik half chassis cars spooling from the stands at calder _
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #75
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Why is this thread even in E-Series?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #76
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry boys and girls about the placment of this thread. i just thought i'd ask my fellow e series owners what they would prefer.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #77
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Why are people making comments on modded turbos when they have had no first hand experience. Just looking at the fooly sik half chassis cars spooling from the stands at calder _

Old 11-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #78
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Building up boost at the lights is mainly something small engined cars do, Falcons with 4 litres of engine have enough torque before boost comes on to be able to take off from the lights quickly still, and being a larger motor also means they spool up faster anyway.

As for the choice of cars, I'd take the F6, sell it, then with the cash buy an EL XR6 and turbo it for a drag car, put a 347 in the EF, drop a stroker 351C in an XE, and build an EA turbo drifter

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #79
gozza

i think your all mad

id be in heaven having any car with 300+ rwkw
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #80
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

Quote:
Simon your Phoon only runs 12's mate there is plenty of Tuff Boss engined cars running just as quick. :
lol but are those boss engined cars pulling 124mph across the line??? thats some serious power dude!!!
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #81
geea
Turbo God

Quote:
Simon tell the truth mate,it's to get the car or Turbo on boost.This occurs when you have a big turbo or just plainly up the boost in the standard turbo.When this is done the turbo has to be able to spin harder to get the boost required to take off at peak power,if the turbo doesn't come on boost the car dies or goes like a suzuki mighty boy untill it hits the right amount of speed required to get the turbine to spin up to it's required operating optimun.
Hemipower, are you in Melbourne? If so i'll take you for a spin in a modded XR6T and you can get some first hand experience.
When i'm at Calder i haev 2 race modes.
1) I ignore the green light and race the clock. I make sure everything is perfect before launching.

2) I race the car next to me. I go on green and get to the end as fast as i can when the light goes green.

Generally option 1 will give me quicker times, but only just. I've had numerous 10second passes going on green. At one stage along time ago my PB was actually running on green.

Like i said if your in Melbourne, i'll take you for a spin and you can decide for yourself.

Geea

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
geea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #82
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tough choice IMO..

I have only heared what each of these FPV's can do, so i can only go from what i have heared and seen.
So i would say...

For Very Very good looks and fun power go GT
For Very good looks and awesome fun power go phoon.

But its really your choice mate..

(really its good to have the option of both)

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:01 PM   #83
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
Hemipower, are you in Melbourne? If so i'll take you for a spin in a modded XR6T and you can get some first hand experience.

Geea
I hate turbo's, wanna take me for a spin?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #84
EDXR6T

^^

umm yer me to lol
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #85
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he took the typhoon for a test drive this arvo. he is goin with it.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #86
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

From this thread I have to say two things:

1) Anyone who cans an F6 obviously hasn't driven one. Do this, then tell us what you think.

2) It's blatantly unfair to compare a "modded 5.4" with the stock typhoon. Allow for mods to the typhoon and then see where you're at.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #87
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Amen to that

Congratulations to him. It must be a great feeling to wait for the new toy.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #88
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
From this thread I have to say two things:

1) Anyone who cans an F6 obviously hasn't driven one. Do this, then tell us what you think.

2) It's blatantly unfair to compare a "modded 5.4" with the stock typhoon. Allow for mods to the typhoon and then see where you're at.
and its equally unfair to compare a turbo charged engine against a naturally aspirated one.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #89
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Yeaaaah, but that was what the thread was about, so I decided I would add my pennies.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #90
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats my point, the two cars are aimed at seperate markets.

If your not sure buy the F6.

GT buyers in most cases dont have any doubts about the car they want.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post