Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #61
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

here*
Old 19-09-2006, 11:58 PM   #62
Xplode0185
Banned

dont worry bout em eb91 xr6 there old brains cant handle anything differant then wat they are used to
Old 19-09-2006, 11:59 PM   #63
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Thank God some one normal
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 20-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #64
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Someone*
Old 20-09-2006, 12:13 AM   #65
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

ok getting old now
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 20-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #66
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford ed xr6
dont worry bout em eb91 xr6 there old brains cant handle anything differant then wat they are used to
You dont honestly believe that do you???? Bloody delusional
Old 20-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #67
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

This thread stopped being a mild amusement after the second spelling correction.
3 Pages and only one attempt to help this guy out.

Dude my videos are huge in size and can't be sent through MSN, only way is to burn them onto a DVD.
Old 20-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #68
EDXR6T

Yes it's sad how people get a kick out of putting someone on the spot then making them feel like a fool over and over again.
Old 20-09-2006, 03:05 AM   #69
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Withdrawn after consideration.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature

Last edited by Smoked; 20-09-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 20-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #70
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Paris Hilton,

I think your corrections on this user are uncalled for. Looking through your post history, it appears to be littered with gross mistakes on your part. Perhaps some diplomacy and a little less hypocriticalness is in order.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 20-09-2006, 04:20 AM   #71
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Here is a short vid of the group at a stop on the last cruise if it helps you.

Oh, BrandensEBxr6, im(sic) is spelt I'm :P
oh by the way...its 'BradensEBxr6', not 'BrandensEBxr6'.
Old 20-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #72
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i might just add something here..i think the real problem is that people CANT READ!

i come on these forums to talk about cars, get help for my car and look at other peoples cars, not to be told i cant spell and be pulled up for it each and every time.

enough said, now get back to the topic.....
Old 20-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #73
efgiar
rofl copter

^^ damn straight, spelling isnt important on a forum, unless forum grammer police become employed which even then cannot tell people to spell correctly but only change the spelling in thier posts to be correct, so unless your willing to be a forum grammer police man/lady and spend 99% of you time on ANY forum fixing spelling errors then please keep it to yourselves

thats all
Old 20-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #74
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Yes, spelling IS important on a forum. It takes a couple of moments just to ensure that your post is making sense, and has reasonable spelling. No one likes to read a post that is in SMS speak (I think that is against the Forum guideines as well), or that has so many mistakes in it, it is almost impossible to read.

Taking those extra few seconds means that you don't look stupid, and people are more likely to reply to your post. I know for one, when I see a thread started and the title is all mis-spelt and the first post is garbage, I will just skim past it.

The excuses raised here (people our ages don't care, blah blah blah) are just cop outs. It's called pure and unadulterated laziness. If you stop being so bloody lazy, and take the extra few seconds to check your post over, then you wont have any problems at all.

Of course there are always going to be minor mistakes, but a whole post of mistakes... get real.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 20-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #75
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
Of course there are always going to be minor mistakes, but a whole post of mistakes... get real.
and thats exactly where this argument started...a MINOR mistake and theres people having a shot at him.

sometimes people dont have the time to sit there and go through there post and spell check it.

ok here's one for the admins, how about setting up a spell check like microsoft word does, that way people can just click a button and go through a little wizard and keep the spell police at bay.
Old 20-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #76
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
so unless your willing to be a forum grammer police man/lady and spend 99% of you time on ANY forum fixing spelling errors then please keep it to yourselves
I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
and thats exactly where this argument started...a MINOR mistake and theres people having a shot at him.
How is spelling "cruise" as "cruz" a minor mistake? It's just outright raping of the Queen's English. It isn't even pronounced the same.

Why should I care? It's clear my tax dollars are being wasted. I'm 21 next week, so it's not like I'm some old fart who gets off complaining about life how is so much different to the days of sitting around the wireless on a sunday night.

I guess I believe using correct spelling and grammar goes a long way to getting the respect of said old farts. Plus it beats looking like a 16 year old moron straight off Myspace.

Can't be too hard either, I didn't even finish year 11.
Old 20-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #77
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

this case isnt really a mistake, but just his way of writing more or less. but in all honesty if you cant understand 'cruz' then how old are you really?? its even more annoying when people have a go at you for making simple mistakes like leaving a letter out of a word or not using grammer. when i read i look at the words, not the letters and not the full stops, commas etc.

so anyway mr officer, how much are the fines??
Old 20-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #78
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

Isn't english just made up from a bunch of words modified or stolen from other languages. i reckon its stupid. everything should be spelt the way it sounds. dam silent letters and stuff

n e hoo

i once read this thing from some university taht siad you can raed and mkae snese of msot wrdos as lnog as the frist and lsat lrtetes are in the rhigt pcale.

so i rlelay dno't thnik we suhold jmup on poelpes bcaks for uesnig salng

and in the words of Ali G "oo ere as eva used mafs or inlgish"

Last edited by RMCprime; 20-09-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 20-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #79
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCprime
Isn't english just made up from a bunch of words modified or stolen from other languages. i reckon its stupid. everything should be spelt the way it sounds. dam silent letters and stuff

n e hoo

i once read this thing from some university taht siad you can raed and mkae snese of msot wrdos as lnog as the frist and lsat lrtetes are in the rhigt pcale.

so i rlelay dno't thnik we suhold jmup on poelpes bcaks for uesnig salng

and in the words of Ali G "oo ere as eva used mafs or inlgish"

Ohhh heelllll yea....... i think some ppl here jst got : and yes the text talk was deliberate...... And if iv got any spelling mistakes... blow me... :thebirds:
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
Old 20-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #80
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
And if iv got any spelling mistakes... blow me...
So you're into recieving fellatio from other males?

One last point, why should I (or anyone else) go to any effort to transfer footage off a tape, onto a PC, convert it to a smaller file size, then host or send it, when people on here can't even spell the word cruise?

Am I the only one to notice there has been a grand total of one video posted in this thread? Who else believes spelling and grammar make no difference on a forum?

I find it embarassing some of the people in this thread are in the E-Series Car Club, it makes us look like a bunch of nuggets.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 20-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #81
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Ummm.... For those with a little less brain than others..... "blow me" is an expression..... You may be able to spell, but your not too bright.....

I try to spell correctly, but to be honest, everyone can still read incorrect spelling... get over it.
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

Old 20-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #82
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

this has turned into the most load of crap thread ever. its hell funny to go back and read it from the start.

now for some izzle speak

every bizzle should get their hands off the dizzle and give the spizzle checking a rest coz its shizzle ma nizzle
Old 20-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #83
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Bwahahaha...... I was wondering when someone would start the shizzle my nizzle talk LOL

Old 20-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #84
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

i bet aaron took 15 minutes to proof read that last post so no 1 could bag him for a mistook
Old 20-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #85
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

This thread really has brought out the uneducated hasn't it...
Quote:
i reckon its stupid.
English is stupid??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I find it embarassing some of the people in this thread are in the E-Series Car Club, it makes us look like a bunch of nuggets.
I agree. whats that quote, "there's no point arguing with retards, they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old 20-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #86
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
this has turned into the most load of crap thread ever.
yet you insist on replying...
Old 20-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #87
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
i bet aaron took 15 minutes to proof read that last post so no 1 could bag him for a mistook
When you learn to spell properly, you usually don't need to proof read one sentence for 15 minutes.

I take cash, cheque or direct bank deposit.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 20-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #88
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

some people could have so much fun at this website
Old 20-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #89
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

gee every one is so tight

its so funny arguing for 4 pages about spelling
Old 20-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #90
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Is that part of the Western Australian Education Departments year 12 program? or did you just have it under 'favourites' on your computer?
Closed Thread