Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #61
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Noice.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #62
malta123

very vl
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #63
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketofbubbles
The rate is $35 per tyre, it takes around 2 hours per car as I am really fastidious and at your location.

No to any silica tyres.

Also any tyres that have had silicon of any nature need to be well and truely cleaned i can provide a process for this if needed, I will also do some final preparation prior to preparing the tyres for painting.

Re tyre shine, I have my own product that has gone though a lot of testing and should be ready over the next week for use, so far over the the past two weeks the results are fantastic. Its a non silicon based product and will I have it available for sale to my customers.

If you want to discuss more my number is 0438645772 and the name is Paul. Cheers. :
Does the walling go over exisitng printing on the tyre or is it only put on the smooth part of the wheel? Is there much price variation on thickness of the line???
EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #64
bucketofbubbles
Master Detailer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFairmontGhia
Does the walling go over exisitng printing on the tyre or is it only put on the smooth part of the wheel? Is there much price variation on thickness of the line???

Thank you for your enquiry and I will try and answer your questions:
1. Re existing printing; this depends on your tyre size and wall construction of the tyre. Generally as a rule of thumb 15 - 25 mm from the rim edge is where we start printing. However this is becoming less of a practice now since the larger 20 - 23 inch rims customers are requesting lines almost right on the rim.

If you want the line in a spot where there is tyre lettering I buff the lettering off so that the surface is rough enough for the paint to grip to. Its very neat and most of the time you can not tell that there was writting there to start with. I buff the tyre accoring to the size of the die used for printing.

2. Re variation of thickness of line; these are the thickness's available: 13.5 mm, 10.3 mm, 6.8 mm, 5.5. mm, 2 x 4.3 mm and 2 x 3.5 mm (that's right TWIN lines). In the past I have done larger upto 1" in size however quality is important to me and I dont like fluctuations in paint transparency. There are other companies that do larger, if customers really wanted it I would refine the process further to produce a better product.

Here is a sample of some tyres from 18" to 20". Pretty much any colour is available, if not instock at the time it takes a couple of hours to have made up.

Regards
Paul
p.s. call me if you have any further questions.

Meguiars Certified Detailer
bucketofbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #65
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Thanks for that
EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #66
Simmo
White Lightning

got a Brisbane counterpart? That looks fantastic.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #67
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
got a Brisbane counterpart? That looks fantastic.
Or a contact in Sydney? looks tops! and the AFD's coming up..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #68
going4broke
Starter Motor

Default Redwall contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb Barbie
pHaT`eL: If theres anywhere in Melb, I'd like them done on mine, would look scmick I reckon.
I have a number for a bloke in Melbourne who does redwalls and whitewalls. Excellent quality best i have scene.Paint sticks like to a blanket, the only things that brings it off is tyre shine, a curb or a high pressure cleaner too close. msg me @ cherub1@bigpond.net.au
going4broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #69
bucketofbubbles
Master Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4broke
I have a number for a bloke in Melbourne who does redwalls and whitewalls. Excellent quality best i have scene.Paint sticks like to a blanket, the only things that brings it off is tyre shine, a curb or a high pressure cleaner too close. msg me @ cherub1@bigpond.net.au
I have published many examples of my work, and I am melbourne Based, sorry about the other states. Message me as I have contacts in NSW if that is your location; bucketofbubbles@netspace.net.au Paul.

I did twin white walls on this Caprice and it took out 2nd best at show at the cruise for charity in Melbourne.

I like this one, GT orange on a genuine GT:

I can be contacted on: 0438645772

Paul
bucketofbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #70
going4broke
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_XR
Do You Have A Contact Numba For Him Been Thinking Bout Doing Mine For A While. Cheers
Hey mate nice ride.
If you are still looking for redwalls on your car ring this number. 0438645772. Ask for Paul
going4broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post