Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #91
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

'Sport' models of cars that have little to no performance advantage over the standard model...
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #92
4ka
Up The Utes

funny being a member of V8 forums and also 4cylTurbo forums - U get to see both sides. im lucky enough to enjoy turbos and v8s, owning one of each.
So stupid to see people argue how much better V8's are than 4cyl turbos - horses for courses. my baxr8 nails my evo in a straight line, but my evo nails the xr8 everywhere else. Theres exceptions to every rule - like when Jeff Watson dusted Victor Brays dragster with an FJ20ET infront of 50,000 people at calder park in the mid 90's (twice). Im afraid that had the V8 boys mouths shut for a very long time. Seems to me, everytime turbo cars beat V8's they get banned - or thrown into their own class. its happened in motorsport throughout the world.
ill keep my baxr8ute for the highway and carting ИИИИ to the tip - occasionaly some broad side action and a burnout...but i use the evo to get my rocks off ;)
4ka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #93
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
'Sport' models of cars that have little to no performance advantage over the standard model...
BA XR6? :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #94
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

the diff would make a pooftenth of a difference

I am prettys sure n/a's still get the LSD....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #95
aimzes
...fairly odd

AU s1 (the base model) witht hat s***y grille. VN commodores. and pretty much any korean car.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #96
Kenster

The car i would mostly get sick of seeing are the honda civic espeically hoons in them and pretty much any holden

But i got to add im not sick of seeing the XR's series they still look good
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #97
Steve D
Irregular Member

I'll second VTs with monaro lights and standard boot garnish.

I'll nominate Hyundai Excels/Accents and any other vehicle where the driver feels compelled to switch on their fog lights just to prove they have 'em.

Oh, and Vivas with lions instead of griffins! :
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #98
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ka
funny being a member of V8 forums and also 4cylTurbo forums - U get to see both sides. im lucky enough to enjoy turbos and v8s, owning one of each.
So stupid to see people argue how much better V8's are than 4cyl turbos - horses for courses. my baxr8 nails my evo in a straight line, but my evo nails the xr8 everywhere else. Theres exceptions to every rule - like when Jeff Watson dusted Victor Brays dragster with an FJ20ET infront of 50,000 people at calder park in the mid 90's (twice). Im afraid that had the V8 boys mouths shut for a very long time. Seems to me, everytime turbo cars beat V8's they get banned - or thrown into their own class. its happened in motorsport throughout the world.
ill keep my baxr8ute for the highway and carting ИИИИ to the tip - occasionaly some broad side action and a burnout...but i use the evo to get my rocks off ;)

you hiring where you work?
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #99
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Can I add to the list off most hated cars VT commodore Executives with Tacky Clubsport Kits and HSV badging. Damn they look stupid.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #100
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
A lot of cars bore me, but I wouldn't say im sick of many. Kids with their 4cyl and garbage bin exhausts are ok, they are young and will grow out of it one day.

What does annoy me though, is the popular mod of putting a Silvia front on a 180sx or vice versa.

That bugs the ИИИИ out of me as S15 Silvias are probably one of the ugliest things Nissan ever made. I know 180sxs are basically the same car, but they look better :S
do you realise what a S15 silvia is? because they have nothing to do with 180sx, S15s are very stylish cars built around 1999-2002 and where imported by nissan as the 200sx, 180sx's were made around 1988-1994

the cars im sick of seeing are commdores with bodgy HSV lookalike kits on them, especially those VY hsv kits on fugly VNs, also sick of hearing fart cannons on lancers too.
basically im sick of seeing most commodores with young drivers, because most of them simply drive very dangeous, even in car parks
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #101
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pink Cars

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #102
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Id like to add the new minis to my list. The old 70's models were minis, they were small. The new 'minis' are as wide as my XF, if not wider. They deserve the name sh-it beetle or something, they arnt minis.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #103
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
do you realise what a S15 silvia is? because they have nothing to do with 180sx, S15s are very stylish cars built around 1999-2002 and where imported by nissan as the 200sx, 180sx's were made around 1988-1994
Gah! I meant to type S13. No, your right.. I like S15 Silvias... even S14s are okay. Its S13's that annoy me.

Oh well...
Old 01-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #104
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

ROFL @ that VX.....

But there is a nice eb xr8 for sale in geelong that has a pearlecent pink paintjob, darker than that and its actually not bad.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #105
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Honda VTech Civics and Accords that have exhausts so big, you could smuggle a small mexican in them. Ontop of that, dont the owners realise N/A engines lose power when they put massive exhausts on them? : On top of that, they sound horrible droning arround town...no wipe that, they sound terrible full stop. I saw an older model accord today in the City with a big body kit, massive spoiler, 17' wheels and Two big cannons in the centre of the back skirt...rediculous
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #106
HLC
Audi S3

some chick at work has a Mirage with a fat cannon muffler. went on 2 days aftrer she bought the car. a big pink "MissiИИИИИi" sticker on the back window and pink playboy seat covers, if she wasnt hot, and i wanted to ruin any chances of me "dating" her, id slap her stupid. : but at least, hopefully she'll listen to me rather than her friends, who are trying to get her to put a pod filter on :|
Old 01-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #107
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate seeing really old beaten up rust box of a civic with a sticker on it saying my other car is a rolls royce

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #108
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

What bout cars with Playboy stickers on the back window and when you get close there's a fat ugly chick driving it...??
Old 01-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #109
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

EA-ED ИИИИboxes, they are everywhere, 1980's mag wheels, dents and faded paint.. FFS they give Ford fans a bad name... If you can't afford to fix a cheap up a ar$e E'series so it atleast looks tidy ... catch the bus :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #110
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
What bout cars with Playboy stickers on the back window and when you get close there's a fat ugly chick driving it...??
If you check the first post i put a pic of a VL, it has a playboy sticker on the back and a fat chick on the left.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #111
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
A lot of cars bore me, but I wouldn't say im sick of many. Kids with their 4cyl and garbage bin exhausts are ok, they are young and will grow out of it one day.

What does annoy me though, is the popular mod of putting a Silvia front on a 180sx or vice versa.

That bugs the ИИИИ out of me as S15 Silvias are probably one of the ugliest things Nissan ever made. I know 180sxs are basically the same car, but they look better :S

You mean the Onevia and the Sileighty?

Personally, I love those cars (: Not much around.

Lol, google images

ps: weren't there late production 180sx's around? up till `99? they had different tail-lights or something

Last edited by xurbanx; 01-03-2006 at 09:09 PM.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #112
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

I hate seeing Territorys, millions of the bloody things. When I brought mine there were not so many and people used to come up and ask about it. Now all I get is "Oh God not another bloody Territory!" LOL

Mark
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #113
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Daewoo's annoy me. Also anything that hasnt been looked after, like oxidised bonnets on newer vehicles. That ИИИИes me off. And the 'p!ss on FORD or HOLDEN' sticker. Absolutely stupid imo. I think its gay-er than Molly Meldrum & Julian Clarey put together! Very homosexual! :ymca:

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #114
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lancers that have been riced up, so many around.

Honda Accord Euro - tryhards BMW
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #115
origionalxp
Starter Motor

whats not to like about minitrucks?? im also into trucks as they are a cheaper alternative to hotrodding.. here is a pic of a fullsize, but generally minitrucks follow the same similar styling and mods as this truck.. airbag suspension,suicide doors, body drops roof chops thats what real minitrucking is about! u should see the amount of work that goes into alot of the minitrucks that get around.. puttting on a set of wheels and a monster tacho is NOT minitrucking... ill try find a pic of a modified chassis on one of these "lowluxes"

cheers guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rd.jpg (128.6 KB, 87 views)
origionalxp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #116
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
EA-ED ИИИИboxes, they are everywhere, 1980's mag wheels, dents and faded paint.. FFS they give Ford fans a bad name... If you can't afford to fix a cheap up a ar$e E'series so it atleast looks tidy ... catch the bus :P
I must agree with this.

Its a shame because there are a few nice EAs-EDs around where I live but ive noticed a increase in sh*tboxes around.

Its usually some bogan P Plater trying to act hard and boot it around the corner, worse thing is the all sound f***ing sh*t like alot of the Commie V6s, which is also a shame because on a average the EAs-EDs sound so tough with a good exhaust.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #117
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Full Sick Lancers with OFF THERE NUT BODY KITS and 13" Scrap alloys, Vn- VZ Commoz with crud sounding pipes any thing that has a holden badge and an RB30, rusty Kingswoods with missing hubcaps and bald tyres yet still dont gain a Canery... anything else

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #118
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
ps: weren't there late production 180sx's around? up till `99? they had different tail-lights or something
Those are the ones!!

Yeah, they made series two ones... I dont know what they changed apart from the brake lights though (which i liked better form v1 anyway)
Old 01-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #119
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll tell you what I'm sick of seeing- people doing burnouts in any car. Nearly every car can do a burnout what's the big ИИИИИИИИИ deal about it that every moron has to do one. It screws the car up and annoys everyone else!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #120
origionalxp
Starter Motor

here is some pics of the rear clips on some minitrucks from america granted there arent many in australia running such sophisticated setups but alot still have pretty close to this minus having IRS fitted

idk if u guys are interested or can appreciate it but might be interesting to have a quick look!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear clip 2.jpg (68.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg rear clip 3.jpg (82.8 KB, 68 views)
origionalxp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post