Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #121
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
shh....your not allowed to express an opinion that a BMW could possibly be better than a Ford....at any time in history

:P
Sure you can. However in this cast, it isn't.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 22-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #122
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Lol every person in this thread that has had experience with the x5 agrees its one up on the ford except for you

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Old 22-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #123
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Lol every person in this thread that has had experience with the x5 agrees its one up on the ford except for you
So if, for example, a whole bunch of people decided that eating faeces and drinking urine was good and I thought it wasn't, would that make me wrong?

Majority isn't necessarily the right way to go.

:
Old 22-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #124
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Indeed but the madman thinks everyone around him is insane and he is normal ;)

i know what your saying either way when ive got a lazy 80k and have a sudden surge to buy a 4wd i couldnt really give a rats who makes the best or worst off roader in the world.

Old 22-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #125
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Indeed but the madman thinks everyone around him is insane and he is normal ;)

i know what your saying either way when ive got a lazy 80k and have a sudden surge to buy a 4wd i couldnt really give a rats who makes the best or worst off roader in the world.
Touche.

But tell me, you've got 80k to spend... which of these two would you buy, and why...

BMW X5 3.0i or FPV F6 X

:
Old 22-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #126
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

I couldnt make the decision based on my current knowledge of the 2 i would have to drive both. Also depends if i have a second toy car.

If i didnt have a toy car i would probably mod an f6x and if i had a toy car to unleash the fun on id buy the x5 to putt around in. Its hard to say but having experience with a late model 5 and 7 series and having oodles of experience with ba/bf falcons i would assume the bmw the more comfortable and nicer car to drive as the 5 and 7 were compared to the ba/bf's.
The insides of the car i like the bmw much much more than the terry. exterior aesthetics is 50/50 i like the aggression of the f6x but the subtelty of the x5 suits the car
It would get put decided at the drive of each car and what i wanted out of each. Resale would be another big consideration.

In all seriousness though with that kind of dosh i would buy and turbocharge an e36 m3. Thats a no brainer for me, i actually LOVE the way the 6 cylinder m3's sound (and the 4cyl and the 8cyl for that matter) :P. Boosted they are absolute weapons

Old 22-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #127
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Touche.

But tell me, you've got 80k to spend... which of these two would you buy, and why...

BMW X5 3.0i or FPV F6 X

for me? the F6X.

I love power to much.

for the wifey? the X5 3.0i....christ knows shes lost her licence in her old car(x2) and my car (x1) and drives like a nut enough for me to not want her in a fast car...

but, up the price range, and ill have either the upcoming X5M or X6 XDrive 5.0 with the 300kw twin turbov8......why? Cos V8 with boost is more attractive than straight 6 with boost.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 22-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #128
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I couldnt make the decision based on my current knowledge of the 2 i would have to drive both. Also depends if i have a second toy car.

If i didnt have a toy car i would probably mod an f6x and if i had a toy car to unleash the fun on id buy the x5 to putt around in. Its hard to say but having experience with a late model 5 and 7 series and having oodles of experience with ba/bf falcons i would assume the bmw the more comfortable and nicer car to drive as the 5 and 7 were compared to the ba/bf's.
The insides of the car i like the bmw much much more than the terry. exterior aesthetics is 50/50 i like the aggression of the f6x but the subtelty of the x5 suits the car
It would get put decided at the drive of each car and what i wanted out of each. Resale would be another big consideration.

In all seriousness though with that kind of dosh i would buy and turbocharge an e36 m3. Thats a no brainer for me, i actually LOVE the way the 6 cylinder m3's sound (and the 4cyl and the 8cyl for that matter) :P. Boosted they are absolute weapons
E36 M3 Turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBCzDFWO5E Like this one? That one rocks! :evil3:

My fav sounding Bee Emm Six has always been the 3.0 from the E46 330i/330Ci. If ever I had the $, I'd make one something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeE0vqXMRtI... S/C Black w/Cream leather E46 330Ci SMG... mmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
for me? the F6X.

I love power to much.

for the wifey? the X5 3.0i....christ knows shes lost her licence in her old car(x2) and my car (x1) and drives like a nut enough for me to not want her in a fast car...

but, up the price range, and ill have either the upcoming X5M or X6 XDrive 5.0 with the 300kw twin turbov8......why? Cos V8 with boost is more attractive than straight 6 with boost.
Which Twin Turbo V8 are you talking about? BMW has just shown a 4.4 V8 Twin Turbo at some motorshow with 298kW 610Nm. Which is uh... not too shabby. Forget the X5, they need to put that in a 5-Series.

:
Old 22-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #129
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
E36 M3 Turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBCzDFWO5E Like this one? That one rocks! :evil3:

My fav sounding Bee Emm Six has always been the 3.0 from the E46 330i/330Ci. If ever I had the $, I'd make one something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeE0vqXMRtI... S/C Black w/Cream leather E46 330Ci SMG... mmm...

Which Twin Turbo V8 are you talking about? BMW has just shown a 4.4 V8 Twin Turbo at some motorshow with 298kW 610Nm. Which is uh... not too shabby. Forget the X5, they need to put that in a 5-Series.

thats the mummyf*cker....

as per the bulletin I read on the X6

X6 xDrive50i = 300kw/600nm 4.4litre twin turbo petrol v8(0-100kph 5.4s, 12.5L/100km)

-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 22-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #130
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

thats exactly what i said in my other post, a friend of mine loves his beemers and is constantly looking up turbo beemers on youtube and i never knew what they could do until he showed me all these vids, bloody amazing. they're all over the place in germany and the states
Old 23-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #131
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

Quote:
The way they look?

I love the E90/2 3-Series, E46, E30, E21, E39 5-Series, E34, E28, the 7-Series before the latest, the E63 6-Series, the Z3 and the Z4 Coupe, the E31 8-Series, the old 6-Series...

The E60 5-Series and the new shape 7-Series are pretty bloody ugly... most people agree on that.

Why are you bringing up looks? I'm talking about build quality and performance. What do looks have to do with that? :togo: :

PS - Where has anyone been knocking their looks? The only things I've noticed are myself saying the R32 & S3 look better then the 1-Series and that I think the F6 Typhoon and Boxster S look better then the E46 M3.

Wow... major knocking of looks there... :
OOOO he gets grumpy when someone says something about his girls car doesn't he!

Read it again young man i said "And you knock the way BMW's look"
If i was to say that you knock the way BMW looks altegether (every model)
i would have said "And you knock the BMW looks" : :

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 23-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #132
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
OOOO he gets grumpy when someone says something about his girls car doesn't he!

Read it again young man i said "And you knock the way BMW's look"
If i was to say that you knock the way BMW looks altegether (every model)
i would have said "And you knock the BMW looks" : :
As usual, someone else tries to make fun of either me or my car. And then people try to call me stupid/childish/immature. :togo:

Time for an English lesson...

"And you knock the way BMW's look," is in reference to every BMW. If you want to break it down into specifics you would say either "certain BMW's," or actually mention the models.

Also, comparing one car to another saying "this one looks better," is not knocking the other car's looks, rather, its stating preference. Perhaps that's above your head though? :

:
Old 23-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #133
Bossxr8
Peter Car

From Wheels COTY-

To ensure the new X5 achieved the elevated handling standards that BMW wanted, a new front suspension was developed etc.etc.

Interestingly, its a design that MIMICS FORD AUSTRALIA'S front suspension for the 2004 COTY winning Territory. :
Old 23-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #134
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

BMW X5 3.0i or FPV F6 X
Jumping in here, I think the BMW - but only on the basis of resale, which I assume would probably be better than a tubby-turbo-terry in 3 years time.
Old 23-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #135
Phase II
High Performance

Quote:
As usual, someone else tries to make fun of either me or my car. And then people try to call me stupid/childish/immature. :togo:

Time for an English lesson...

"And you knock the way BMW's look," is in reference to every BMW. If you want to break it down into specifics you would say either "certain BMW's," or actually mention the models.

Also, comparing one car to another saying "this one looks better," is not knocking the other car's looks, rather, its stating preference. Perhaps that's above your head though? :

Steffo - How about droping it and moving onto the next thread and we will pretend you are right in this one?
Old 23-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #136
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase II
Steffo - How about droping it and moving onto the next thread and we will pretend you are right in this one?
Dropping what? Oh wait, so I'm supposed to be quiet when someone tries to insult me? Bait or no bait, not gonna happen.

:
Old 23-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #137
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, is your mate's 328i an E36 or E46? 1998 was the transition year.
E36 with full M3 bodykit (mirrors, skirts etc), and interior (seats). Quite a nice ride.
Old 23-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #138
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
E36 with full M3 bodykit (mirrors, skirts etc), and interior (seats). Quite a nice ride.
Yep, love the E36 328i. Shame insurance companies want way more then in is sane, or I could very well have bought one at one point.

:
Old 23-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #139
Phase II
High Performance

Quote:
Yep, love the E36 328i. Shame insurance companies want way more then in is sane, or I could very well have bought one at one point.

Do you love it more than a Territory?
Old 23-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #140
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Do you love it more than a Territory?
Apples to oranges there...

:
Old 23-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #141
Phase II
High Performance

Quote:
Apples to oranges there...
Anyone else getting dizzy?
Old 23-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #142
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
: : :

I think its time for this thread to wander off to obscurity

-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 23-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #143
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
If pain persists, see your doctor

:
Old 23-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #144
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If pain persists, see your doctor

this thread is panadene forte spec hahah

-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 23-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #145
zk_dazza
Starter Motor

sorry to be on topic, but if bmw ripped of ford suspension (LOL AS IF)
does this mean the X5's will now flog out the ball joints on lower control arms every 30,000-60,000k's like territories do :P
Old 23-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #146
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

Quote:
E36/E34+ BMW's have craptastic build quality. I'm yet to see a good one, and I've seen alot of them

then
Quote:
You also have said
Quote:

I have looked at E36's. And E46's. I was looking at buying an E46 323Ci at the start of 2007. Also looked at some E36 328 M Sport optioned Coupe's. They were crap. If you think those are better built then Falcons you've got another thing coming.
Hmm and how do you expect anyone to belive your dribble when you contradict your self????? : : : and thats not the first time in this thread alone Do you actualy know what you want? is your name Steffo? tool!

EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 23-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #147
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Hmm and how do you expect anyone to belive your dribble when you contradict your self????? : : : and thats not the first time in this thread alone Do you actualy know what you want? is your name Steffo? tool!
And crap they were. And buy one I would. You can get an earlier E36 328i for 12-14k. And as a NSW P-Plater (No 8cyl+, No Rotary, No Forced Induction, No 200kW+ 6-cyl N/A Engines)... for that sort of money, you're very hard pressed to find a better performing P-Plate legal car then a 328i (142kW 280Nm 2.8 I6, 1415kg). Will demolish any Falcon Six of the day without much effort, and while you can get a newer base model BA for that sort of cash... they're boats... not the most fun car to drive.

At the time (before buying the ex-demo Fiesta) I could quite easily have ended up with an E36 328i... however 4k+ a year for insurance soon put that idea to rest.

I see you're not letting up on the childish name calling though. :alien2:

:
Old 23-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #148
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

So you LOVE a car that you also think is CRAP with a CRAP build quality?
That doesn't make sense to me. Nor will it to anyone else.

Or is it you just cant admit that you speak.......

Maybe you should try to remember the statments you've made before you trip yourself up with contradiction. :

EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 23-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #149
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
So you LOVE a car that you also think is CRAP with a CRAP build quality?
That doesn't make sense to me. Nor will it to anyone else.

Or is it you just cant admit that you speak.......

Maybe you should try to remember the statments you've made before you trip yourself up with contradiction. :
I'm not being tripped up at all. There are many cars people think are built like crap that they love anyway. I still do and forever will think the E36 is built like crap, however they are, in higher spec form, quite nice cars to drive.

If you've never heard of cars built like crap that people like to drive (which means you've never heard of Lamborghinis of old, Ferraris of old, Maseratis, old Alfas, some old Peugeots etc etc) then, well.....

:
Old 24-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #150
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Geez, some of you fellas carry on like little girls. I don't know why the mods haven't put you over their knees and given you a spanking.

Anyway, to summarise the conclusion of this thread, it seems unlikely that BMW copied the Territory's suspension. Does that pretty much wrap it up?
Closed Thread