Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #151
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
OK...

Here is the test

Tell me what you can see in this Pink Floyd cover...???

Those of you that know...Shut the fluckk up...

vik...All will be reviled in due course... :evil3: :evil3: :evil3:

Face of Devil with Horn and under it People Burning in Hell Fire !!!
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #152
XR_6falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
remarkable things that have happened to me , when i was 8 we used to climb a tree about 15 metres high , my friend and i were laughing hard i fell from the top laughing hitting branches on the way down . i landed on my back uninjured .
when i was 19 i built a buggy without seat belts and was thrashing it around a gravel paddock it had twin back wheels on each side . i lost control and hit a water pipe 400mm diametre the sudden impact through me out of the drivers seat and i landed sitting downthe momentum of the buggy going up on one side , i leant forward with my hands on my knees and felt the back wheel going over me , 5 spectators started screeming as i was run over . i stood up un hurt .
was in a car hitting a pole at 90kms hr with the accelerator stuck on WOT . i was inthe back seat with no belt . i rember bouncing off the drivers seat , and got out unhurt .
i had a high speed accident in a laser . driving at 90 kms hr was hit at high speed from behind pushing the rear bumper into the back seat my head broke the head rest off the drivers seat . i went into a spin at aboiut 100kms hour and spun around about 3 times totally out of control . the car didnt roll and hiot nothiung. i got out of that car with just ia little cut on the back of my head from the headrest .
i fell off a machine conveyer and done a complete summersalt landing on my feet un injured and totally unplanned , recently i was on a crane high up opening a man wholehatch steel cover to descend a ladder holding toolks in one hand the hatch lid came down on my head knocking me off the ladder falling about 6 foot onto a steel floor nearly unconscious blood sputed out of my head, i tried to get up but couldnt 3 times i tried , then i managed to stand climb the ladder and then get down off the crane , the blood sputring out of my head stopped within 30 seconds of starting . work colleages said there was no way they couldve got me down unconscious , and doctors said usuall there would be a skull fracture with these injuries . i was sent back to work to finish that shift ( i dont agree with this at all) however all these instances and other have all given me the feeling that all ofthose accidents i was more or less uninjured . they do send a chill when i think of them , i have also fallen down a run of stairs without tumbling somehow landing on my feet at the bottom . something i cant explain .

just re re read this post . it's off topic and heaps of spelling errors sorry to the O P.

After reading that i would of thought that death is after you but you have some sort of angel on your shoulder

Smoke tyres, not drugs
XR_6falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #153
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84

Cleaned up a little bit, I don't see what your seeing in the bottom left corner?
I couldn't see much from that, so I did a little sluething for myself.

I've taken your cleaned up image and run it through a RAW file converter, (which takes the jpeg information and reassigns each pixel to what it was in RAW format before being compressed with the jpeg algorythym), focusing on teh area outlined in red.

Then I opened it in Picasa and played with the contrast and lighting a bit to get the image to show up. I've zommed in on it and cropped the picture to fit just the area highlighted. This is what I found:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2...ediblefind.jpg

Spooky!
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #154
Kamshaaft

Alright, the one in your image in the middle is a bit spooky. Not only does it look like a decayed corpse wearing a dress or suit of some kind (hard to make out, only see the torso and the skull - which at first glance looks like it's turned to the right, but upon closer inspection is staring straight into the camera, I might add!), but the figure is also at a correct scale for an adult person at that range and perspective!

Spooky!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 AM   #155
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Thanks fellas for editing my photo.

I take no offence to the jokes some of you have made - I was expecting it!

If anyone one has any kiss *** photo editing software - which can clear it up for me - I would be most appreciative.

REMEMBER! - I didn't say I saw a ''ghost'' in this picture, but just an ''image'' which I couldn't explain. There is a difference!

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 AM   #156
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
remarkable things that have happened to me , when i was 8 we used to climb a tree about 15 metres high , my friend and i were laughing hard i fell from the top laughing hitting branches on the way down . i landed on my back uninjured .
when i was 19 i built a buggy without seat belts and was thrashing it around a gravel paddock it had twin back wheels on each side . i lost control and hit a water pipe 400mm diametre the sudden impact through me out of the drivers seat and i landed sitting downthe momentum of the buggy going up on one side , i leant forward with my hands on my knees and felt the back wheel going over me , 5 spectators started screeming as i was run over . i stood up un hurt .
was in a car hitting a pole at 90kms hr with the accelerator stuck on WOT . i was inthe back seat with no belt . i rember bouncing off the drivers seat , and got out unhurt .
i had a high speed accident in a laser . driving at 90 kms hr was hit at high speed from behind pushing the rear bumper into the back seat my head broke the head rest off the drivers seat . i went into a spin at aboiut 100kms hour and spun around about 3 times totally out of control . the car didnt roll and hiot nothiung. i got out of that car with just ia little cut on the back of my head from the headrest .
i fell off a machine conveyer and done a complete summersalt landing on my feet un injured and totally unplanned , recently i was on a crane high up opening a man wholehatch steel cover to descend a ladder holding toolks in one hand the hatch lid came down on my head knocking me off the ladder falling about 6 foot onto a steel floor nearly unconscious blood sputed out of my head, i tried to get up but couldnt 3 times i tried , then i managed to stand climb the ladder and then get down off the crane , the blood sputring out of my head stopped within 30 seconds of starting . work colleages said there was no way they couldve got me down unconscious , and doctors said usuall there would be a skull fracture with these injuries . i was sent back to work to finish that shift ( i dont agree with this at all) however all these instances and other have all given me the feeling that all ofthose accidents i was more or less uninjured . they do send a chill when i think of them , i have also fallen down a run of stairs without tumbling somehow landing on my feet at the bottom . something i cant explain .

just re re read this post . it's off topic and heaps of spelling errors sorry to the O P.
After reading what you just wrote, I have come to the conclusion that you are the "chosen one".
Old 12-03-2010, 03:32 AM   #157
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordACE
After reading what you just wrote, I have come to the conclusion that you are the "chosen one".

Sounds like the movie unbreakable http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217869/
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #158
Kamshaaft

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HSV
Thanks fellas for editing my photo.

I take no offence to the jokes some of you have made - I was expecting it!

If anyone one has any kiss *** photo editing software - which can clear it up for me - I would be most appreciative.

REMEMBER! - I didn't say I saw a ''ghost'' in this picture, but just an ''image'' which I couldn't explain. There is a difference!

Cheers.
I am quite serious in post 154.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #159
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

That picture of the graveyard in tassie is very creepy!, where abouts in tas is it?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #160
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Mark
A nice rack.....
where i cant see it? lol
Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #161
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity_avisGT
same here, it still doesn't really look like it...
For those of you who want to know what it is, click here
Not that good :P
Old 15-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #162
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
That picture of the graveyard in tassie is very creepy!, where abouts in tas is it?
Next to some little hotel in the middle of no where.

Think it was called the Melton Melbrow Hotel
Old 15-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #163
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Ahh its the Melton Mowbray hotel, and yeah its in the middle of no where!
Old 15-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #164
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
Ahh its the Melton Mowbray hotel, and yeah its in the middle of no where!

maybe thats why the ghost is still there 120 years later , theres nowhere else to go. locals are like that in tasmania . but then agian if you can get to tassie why would you want to be anywhere else.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #165
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
where i cant see it? lol
Aha!! After looking at this pic numerous times I finally see it (or more to the point, them), take that magic eye pictures!!

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #166
Bluefreak

We have a property out past Avoca in central vic... Was out there, just me and the dog to build a pergola off the caravan... Weather closed in and I decided to visit my wifes family nearby, who offered me dinner, which I declined as I was looking foreward to a pub meal at The Moonambel Hotel...

Get to the hotel and the barman hardly said a word to me, kept avoiding me and I couldn't get even a small conversation out of him - so keen was he to avoid talking to me, he was inventing lint and the like to ball up off the bar mats on the other side of the bar - strange as I normally get along quite well with him...

I finally get enough of his attention to order a meal and he flicks on the TV, rugby world cup is on yet the bar is empty - strange...!!! About 10 mins later 2 locals walk in, I swivel around to say hi and they turn their backs to me and the TV as they talk quietly amongst themselves - strange again, I've seen these guy's around and they have been courteous in the past...

Dinner arrives, I scoff it down with a pot and decide there's no point hanging around if I can't have a chat so i bundle up the dog and head back out to the property... Still raining so bed is in order but the dog is a little agitated so i figure we'll go for a wander around the property (20 acres) and he can run off a little energy...

Off I head but the dog won't follow, standing behind me with his ears back and his tail between his legs - strange, he's grown up with many trips to the property and is usually keen as to go for a walk...

Open the van, sort the dogs bed and jump in to my own bed destined for the land of nod... All of a sudden the dog starts going berserk and is biting and clawing at the door, I calm him and find I can hear foot steps outside - grab a torch and the axe and out I go... Look everywhere, behind/under the van, behind/under the car, all around the immediate area - NOTHING!!!

Back inside and back to bed, dog still unsettled but resting on his bed - I must have fallen asleep because the dog scared the crap out of me going berserk again, he's made short work of the fly wire by this time so out we go again with axe and torch - NOTHING!!!

A little shaken up I decide to try and get a fire going, the rain has eased and I need a drink...lol There I sit by my small fire with my axe, torch and a can of Jack, the dog is still jumpy and it's giving me the shits... Suddenly the dog goes very quiet, backs up to my chair from behind me, starts whimpering and tries to crawl under the chair - I can hear the footsteps again and the dogs whimpers are getting louder as the foot steps appear to get closer...

With that I drop the can, flick on the torch, grab the axe and try to propel myself from the chair - I ended up going over backwards and nearly stuck the axe in my own head... I hunted high and low and couldn't find a damn thing, not a creature man or otherwise to be found on that cold, wet miserable night...

Having had enough, I packed up and headed for home...

Now I'm not a wuss, I grew up in the bush and have no fear of it what so ever - this happened about 6 years ago, it's the one and only time I've been truly scared in the bush by myself...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #167
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why was everyone avoiding you
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #168
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
We have a property out past Avoca in central vic... Was out there, just me and the dog to build a pergola off the caravan... Weather closed in and I decided to visit my wifes family nearby, who offered me dinner, which I declined as I was looking foreward to a pub meal at The Moonambel Hotel...

Get to the hotel and the barman hardly said a word to me, kept avoiding me and I couldn't get even a small conversation out of him - so keen was he to avoid talking to me, he was inventing lint and the like to ball up off the bar mats on the other side of the bar - strange as I normally get along quite well with him...

I finally get enough of his attention to order a meal and he flicks on the TV, rugby world cup is on yet the bar is empty - strange...!!! About 10 mins later 2 locals walk in, I swivel around to say hi and they turn their backs to me and the TV as they talk quietly amongst themselves - strange again, I've seen these guy's around and they have been courteous in the past...

Dinner arrives, I scoff it down with a pot and decide there's no point hanging around if I can't have a chat so i bundle up the dog and head back out to the property... Still raining so bed is in order but the dog is a little agitated so i figure we'll go for a wander around the property (20 acres) and he can run off a little energy...

Off I head but the dog won't follow, standing behind me with his ears back and his tail between his legs - strange, he's grown up with many trips to the property and is usually keen as to go for a walk...

Open the van, sort the dogs bed and jump in to my own bed destined for the land of nod... All of a sudden the dog starts going berserk and is biting and clawing at the door, I calm him and find I can hear foot steps outside - grab a torch and the axe and out I go... Look everywhere, behind/under the van, behind/under the car, all around the immediate area - NOTHING!!!

Back inside and back to bed, dog still unsettled but resting on his bed - I must have fallen asleep because the dog scared the crap out of me going berserk again, he's made short work of the fly wire by this time so out we go again with axe and torch - NOTHING!!!

A little shaken up I decide to try and get a fire going, the rain has eased and I need a drink...lol There I sit by my small fire with my axe, torch and a can of Jack, the dog is still jumpy and it's giving me the shits... Suddenly the dog goes very quiet, backs up to my chair from behind me, starts whimpering and tries to crawl under the chair - I can hear the footsteps again and the dogs whimpers are getting louder as the foot steps appear to get closer...

With that I drop the can, flick on the torch, grab the axe and try to propel myself from the chair - I ended up going over backwards and nearly stuck the axe in my own head... I hunted high and low and couldn't find a damn thing, not a creature man or otherwise to be found on that cold, wet miserable night...

Having had enough, I packed up and headed for home...

Now I'm not a wuss, I grew up in the bush and have no fear of it what so ever - this happened about 6 years ago, it's the one and only time I've been truly scared in the bush by myself...
Really bad nose hair's will make dog's bark and people avoid you...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #169
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: Ghost experiences

At the end of the day people seem to think that ghosts or DEAD people hang around grave yards.

Thing is....WOULD YOU? ( If you were dead that is )
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #170
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I probably would. Hang about and scare people. All my ghost buddies and I would get together after a hard day of spooking and have a good laugh.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #171
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I probably would. Hang about and scare people. All my ghost buddies and I would get together after a hard day of spooking and have a good laugh.
LOL! With a few beers
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #172
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting thread mine.

I am not a firm believer in anything but the topic of ghosts and spirits is always something I've been very interested, and very wary about.

By far the most disturbing and uncomfortable place I have ever been is the old psychiatric hospital in Ararat - a mental institution in colonial times and then housed the criminally insane until the early 1990s. It's a very imposing, very cold and very damp old building and it was just awful, you can really feel the presence of the souls that lived there, as if someone is watching over your shoulder the whole time. It's almost like they're trying to impose their misery and pain on you. It took me a while to debrief after leaving, not somewhere I ever intend on going back.

I went to Hanging Rock a couple of years ago, and I don't care what people say, there is definitely something weird and unsettling about that place. When there's nobody around and you're sitting up there, it feels like you're the only person in the world. Here's a couple of photos I took when I was there

Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #173
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I kind of believe to a certain extent, although these "ghost stories" are so easy to fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
By far the most disturbing and uncomfortable place I have ever been is the old psychiatric hospital in Ararat - a mental institution in colonial times and then housed the criminally insane until the early 1990s. It's a very imposing, very cold and very damp old building and it was just awful, you can really feel the presence of the souls that lived there, as if someone is watching over your shoulder the whole time. It's almost like they're trying to impose their misery and pain on you. It took me a while to debrief after leaving, not somewhere I ever intend on going back.
Those old mental hospitals would have something for sure. Earlier this year I was out with a group of mates who invited a teenage guy one of them knew along and he talked about one of his recent adventures. Him and his friends decided to sneak into the abandoned Wolston mental asylum in Brisbane at night and he described what seemed to be a supernatural re-enactment. He said they heard a loud scream and saw a cloud of mist. Obviously they got the freak out they were looking for.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #174
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing faces in nature...shadows, leaf patterns, clouds, rock formations, etc, is called Pareidolia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia), nothing more.

"Orbs", auras, and other "spirit pictures" are nothing more than dust motes in the air, problems with the camera (usually intermittent), or outright fakes.

Noises in the night are just that...something natural or your mind playing tricks on you when half asleep.

Unfortunately, there isn't a magical world just a step away from our own, there's no such thing as ghosts, and there's no such thing as psychic powers...sorry about that.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #175
Chopped
as in chopped

^ All you can prove is that skeptics exist.

Life is a mystery, just look into the sky at night.
Old 13-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #176
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
^ All you can prove is that skeptics exist.

Life is a mystery, just look into the sky at night.
Mystery alright, Also...

If you cannot see radio waves, wind, sound ect then what else can't you see?

Makes you wonder doesn't it.
Old 13-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #177
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a pub at Ravenswood (near Charters Towers) which was well known for having ghostly figures appear in 2 of its rooms. Plenty of people staying there have reported them, usually these figures were from the waste up (no legs).

Friend and myself visited the pub in 1995 and went up stairs to have a look at the rooms. We went to first room and nothing, then went to 2nd room and nothing. For some reason which for the life of me i cant remember why, we went back to the first room and opened the door. As soon as we walked in the room temperature dropped and we both felt a chill. (and no the room has no aircon, not even a ceiling fan back then). Both of us then walked out backwards very quickly!

The pub was built in the 1890s and this small town has had a lot of reported sightings over the years (none recent that i know of).

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #178
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Port Arthur, August 19 2010.
Most photos this night had 'orbs' in them but I don't think much of those. However these two pics seemed to have figures in the windows. I cropped them and turned the contrast a bit but don't know how to enhance them any further.

THis was an old house near the water, the photo was actually of some kangaroos in the yard (which I've cropped out):

This was the Parsonage up on the hill:

^^NOTE: we had just been inside this room and there was no such object in it that would look like this

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #179
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Seeing faces in nature...shadows, leaf patterns, clouds, rock formations, etc, is called Pareidolia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia), nothing more.

"Orbs", auras, and other "spirit pictures" are nothing more than dust motes in the air, problems with the camera (usually intermittent), or outright fakes.

Noises in the night are just that...something natural or your mind playing tricks on you when half asleep.

Unfortunately, there isn't a magical world just a step away from our own, there's no such thing as ghosts, and there's no such thing as psychic powers...sorry about that.
How do you know?

Like, how do you ACTUALLY know?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #180
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i call bs on ghosts...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post