Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #181
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ghost experiences

I have no real proof that ghosts exists, but I find all the paranormal or unexplained stories people tell extremely interesting.

A guy I work with swears he lives in a haunted house. Himand all of his family have seen this figure walking up the top of the stairs at night.
When his daughter was a kid she used to talk about the lady who would visit her in her room at night.
Some of his family & friends wont stay at his house overnight because they have seen this figure.

I know some people make up these ghost stories for fun or whatever, but out of everyone I know, this guy is probably the last person you would expect to make up lies for the sake of it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #182
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive never seen a ghost,

But there was a night that a few friends & I went to try & find one.

There is an old abandon railway tunnel in Picton NSW, that is also called the mushroom tunnel. It is roumored to be haunted by the ghost of a girl that was hit by a train in there years & years ago.

So I told a few friends about it & went up there for a look one night.
When we got there we started to walk through the tunnel & herd voices at the other end of the tunnel. We soon realised it was a bunch of younger teenagers up there looking for ghosts aswell.

So we though that we would give them a bit of a scare. Thats what they were there for anyway

So we ducked into one of the recesses in the wall of the tunnel that were put there incase a train was comming, so that you could get out of the way. This turned out to be a great hiding spot as they couldnt see us as they were walking down the tunnel towards us.

So we were hiding in the wall & its pitch black. They only had a piddly little torch & as they came down towards us we herd a couple of the guys saying to their girlfriends, "theres no ghost, im not scared".

Just as they said this they walked past us hiding we jumped out & scared the living daylights out of these poor kids. It was hilarious & the kids were pretty good about it & we all had a good laugh after they had calmed down.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #183
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Something that happened to me a few years back.

I was a cameraman during the filming of a fake ghost documentary (it was a pilot for a new show) and me and three other guys were in an abandoned and now privately-owned gold mine. (It was the one in Blackwood, Victoria, where the explosives were stolen for the Russell Street police bombing.)

Lots of men had died in these mines in accidents back in the old days.

We did the shoot and got home around 1 in the morning and were very excited, so we decided to review the tapes right away.

To our shock, during one of the quiet scenes when we were filming stock footage of the tunnels in night vision (torches off, pitch black), we heard whispering over the video's soundtrack saying "go away, go away". It was spoken about three or four times and we have no idea where it came from.

None of us heard it during the shoot, none of us did it, we were all quiet. It could have been the wind, but it certainly gave us a chill and something to talk about. Our "fake" ghost docu almost turned real!
Sounds like you picked up what they call "electronic voice phenomena". I know it's used by paranormal investigators who use audio recorders where the sound they're trying to find can only be heard after the tape or digital file is played back. I learnt about this from the TV show "A Haunting" which sometimes gets reran on the Discovery Channel.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #184
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My girlfriend is a nurse and when she worked at a particular nursing home there was the ghost of a small girl that haunted the facility.

It was generally just accepted as a fact by any long term staff. Apparantlely in the industry there is a fairly widespread acceptance of the existence of ghosts.

Anyway, she said that it was not uncommon for her 80-90 year old bed ridden residents to see the little girl on the same evening. GF used to ask specific questions about her apperance, what she was wearing etc and the residents who did not leave their rooms, much less have the chance to communicate with each other about the details and all of their stories used to match up.

My girlfriend in all the years she worked there never saw the ghost, but used to just accept that she was around and listen to the elderly residents stories of her visiting, saying hello through the window etc
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #185
jcxr
Tribal Elder

My GF and I did the Ararat Lunatic Asylum tour a couple of weeks ago. It was an eery, drizzly evening, but no spooks to be seen. But gee, what a horrible place to be housed in. 1200 patients and 800 workers. Eventually they just opened the gates and let them out.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #186
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have stayed in the Grand Hyatt in Taipei Before I knew its rep.
I do admit that on the first night in my second week there I felt weird, and my mini bar was messed up, and the toothpaste taken out of the toothbrush packages in my second bathroom.

Looking forward to my next visit there !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #187
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Ive never seen a ghost,

But there was a night that a few friends & I went to try & find one.

There is an old abandon railway tunnel in Picton NSW, that is also called the mushroom tunnel. It is roumored to be haunted by the ghost of a girl that was hit by a train in there years & years ago.

So I told a few friends about it & went up there for a look one night.
When we got there we started to walk through the tunnel & herd voices at the other end of the tunnel. We soon realised it was a bunch of younger teenagers up there looking for ghosts aswell.

So we though that we would give them a bit of a scare. Thats what they were there for anyway

So we ducked into one of the recesses in the wall of the tunnel that were put there incase a train was comming, so that you could get out of the way. This turned out to be a great hiding spot as they couldnt see us as they were walking down the tunnel towards us.

So we were hiding in the wall & its pitch black. They only had a piddly little torch & as they came down towards us we herd a couple of the guys saying to their girlfriends, "theres no ghost, im not scared".

Just as they said this they walked past us hiding we jumped out & scared the living daylights out of these poor kids. It was hilarious & the kids were pretty good about it & we all had a good laugh after they had calmed down.
My friend believes in ghost and always goes to Picton Tunnels

She has said there is a certain spot in the middle of you turn off your turn and wait you hear the ghost train coming and then see the light
And she has also said to see the girl murdered there walking through and warning grls not to enter
(thats the girl apprently that was raped there)

I went once as part of a group thing and saw and heard nothing
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #188
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
Mystery alright, Also...

If you cannot see radio waves, wind, sound ect then what else can't you see?

Makes you wonder doesn't it.
The only difference is that from one end of the electromagnetic spectrum to the other with radio waves, x-rays, and anything else you "can't see" (and wind and sound waves as well), you can measure, observe effects, and detect them, also predict what the observations will result in.
Doesn't exactly work with woo subjects like ghosts. Heresay and Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all...

The "electronic voice phenomenon" is the auditory part of the fact of pareidolia (where you see patterns and shapes, usually faces, in random objects)...you hear a series of noises and electronic interference, and your brain (which is programmed to look for patterns anyway) thinks it hears words.
The giveaway that there is a perfectly natural explanation to it is that with the vast majority of people, you have to actually point out to them what it is they are supposed to be hearing, and then their brain fills in the blanks and you magically and suddenly "hear" it too. Same with images of hidden faces on rocks or in wood grain...once you see it, it's truly a case of "what has been seen cannot be unseen".
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #189
Miss_XR6

Anyone experienced white noise????
Old 14-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #190
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6

yep ! sure have, this is where your sucking your last schooner back and the white froth is entering your mouth just before you collapse off the back of the chair and stay there for the night , the ringing in the ears and the throbbing head as the white froth enters the mouth is white noise right ?

after this comes the very cold chill and dry horrors , an eirrryyyy experience of not knowing where you are , or what has happened , and hoping your not about to be bashed because your not sure if you were successfull trying to get into your mates missus a few hours earlier.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #191
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
yep ! sure have, this is where your sucking your last schooner back and the white froth is entering your mouth just before you collapse off the back of the chair and stay there for the night , the ringing in the ears and the throbbing head as the white froth enters the mouth is white noise right ?

after this comes the very cold chill and dry horrors , an eirrryyyy experience of not knowing where you are , or what has happened , and hoping your not about to be bashed because your not sure if you were successfull trying to get into your mates missus a few hours earlier.

Hahahaha so not near what white noise is but funny read
Old 14-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #192
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
I think (for me atleast) your going to have to elaborate a little, the 'white noise' I know isnt paranormal

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #193
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

White noise on the TV is interesting...and if you want a down to Earth scientific fascinating fact about it (as opposed to some hokey "listen to the voices of the spirits" rubbish), consider this: when you tune a TV to a channel it doesn't recieve, and have just white noise and static on it, a few percent of that is actually the cosmic background radiation hiss leftover from the Big Bang...so as one presenter said, next time you complain that there's nothing on the TV, remember you can always sit back and watch the universe being born...

The real world is full of enough wonder and fascinating phenomenon to keep anyone intrigued for a lifetime...there's no need to attempt to fill it with things that just aren't there.
Old 14-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #194
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No idea what the hell white noise is (apart from TV/Radio noise)....

But... and im serious here... has anyone ever experienced a loss of time that you couldnt explain (and i dont mean heavy drinking session!) ??

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #195
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was at Point Nepean Victoria a few months ago by myself before dawn. I thought I'd take some pics at sunrise and explore the tunnels in the dark. I don't really beleive in ghost but thought it might be a bit of fun. I was absolutely the only person there. No cars in the car park, no bikes, too far for most to walk especially at that hour, and I would have heard people if they were there. I was down at the old generator sheds, went inside, got tangled in a cobweb so came outside. Looked down and was surprised by wet footsteps in the sand that weren't there a moment ago. I was the only person there. I looked around and there was nobody around. The footsteps were heading off for for the stairs. I didn't think much more of it. I took a pic of the stairs to show how steep they were. Looked at them for a minute then walked up. The wet footprints went half way up then faded out which I didn't think unusual. Up the top of the stairs and around the corner the footsteps started again at the entrance to a pitch black tunnel. I went in after them thinking it weird that they stopped and started again but figured it was just someone else here maybe doing the same as me. I got a bit creeped in the tunnel so went through for a quick check and out the other side. Nobody anywhere. I went home soon after, told my sister about the weird footsteps. About a week later I was going through the photos I uploaded to facebook and noticed a figure on the stairs. In the hi res copy it appears to be in blue jeans. I stood there looking at the stairs immediately after taking the photo and at the time there was nothing visible to the naked eye other than the wet foot steps.

ED : I done a quick google back then and found a vague news story of a fishing charter going down just off the rocks where I was standing. Even though in shallow water one guy drowned in the upturned boat when he got tangled in the anchor rope.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #196
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
I think (for me atleast) your going to have to elaborate a little, the 'white noise' I know isnt paranormal
White noise is paranormal and has nothing to do with tv/radio

Its when a dead person is contacting a person normally via phone usually. You of course cant understand what there saying
Old 14-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #197
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That just looks like a tree branch to me.

Awesome stories though.
Old 14-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #198
rvsm
Banned

when i was younger i would play in the ruins at port arthur. one time i was by myself and i was in the church and heard a voice say leave and a cold sensation. i Ran outside as fast as possible and turned back to see in the spire window cutout a black shadow figure. scared the hell out of me. also have heaps of orb photos.
rvsm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #199
rvsm
Banned

also i was at home with my honey making out when the phone rings. I answered it and the voice said " what are you doing with my daughter?". i told my girl and she said " my dads dead".
Then who was phone?
rvsm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #200
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
We have a property out past Avoca in central vic... Was out there, just me and the dog to build a pergola off the caravan... Weather closed in and I decided to visit my wifes family nearby, who offered me dinner, which I declined as I was looking foreward to a pub meal at The Moonambel Hotel...

Get to the hotel and the barman hardly said a word to me, kept avoiding me and I couldn't get even a small conversation out of him - so keen was he to avoid talking to me, he was inventing lint and the like to ball up off the bar mats on the other side of the bar - strange as I normally get along quite well with him...

I finally get enough of his attention to order a meal and he flicks on the TV, rugby world cup is on yet the bar is empty - strange...!!! About 10 mins later 2 locals walk in, I swivel around to say hi and they turn their backs to me and the TV as they talk quietly amongst themselves - strange again, I've seen these guy's around and they have been courteous in the past...

Dinner arrives, I scoff it down with a pot and decide there's no point hanging around if I can't have a chat so i bundle up the dog and head back out to the property... Still raining so bed is in order but the dog is a little agitated so i figure we'll go for a wander around the property (20 acres) and he can run off a little energy...

Off I head but the dog won't follow, standing behind me with his ears back and his tail between his legs - strange, he's grown up with many trips to the property and is usually keen as to go for a walk...

Open the van, sort the dogs bed and jump in to my own bed destined for the land of nod... All of a sudden the dog starts going berserk and is biting and clawing at the door, I calm him and find I can hear foot steps outside - grab a torch and the axe and out I go... Look everywhere, behind/under the van, behind/under the car, all around the immediate area - NOTHING!!!

Back inside and back to bed, dog still unsettled but resting on his bed - I must have fallen asleep because the dog scared the crap out of me going berserk again, he's made short work of the fly wire by this time so out we go again with axe and torch - NOTHING!!!

A little shaken up I decide to try and get a fire going, the rain has eased and I need a drink...lol There I sit by my small fire with my axe, torch and a can of Jack, the dog is still jumpy and it's giving me the *****... Suddenly the dog goes very quiet, backs up to my chair from behind me, starts whimpering and tries to crawl under the chair - I can hear the footsteps again and the dogs whimpers are getting louder as the foot steps appear to get closer...

With that I drop the can, flick on the torch, grab the axe and try to propel myself from the chair - I ended up going over backwards and nearly stuck the axe in my own head... I hunted high and low and couldn't find a damn thing, not a creature man or otherwise to be found on that cold, wet miserable night...

Having had enough, I packed up and headed for home...

Now I'm not a wuss, I grew up in the bush and have no fear of it what so ever - this happened about 6 years ago, it's the one and only time I've been truly scared in the bush by myself...
I sold my place out there last year because the locals are weird. No, just kidding. My place was in Landsborough. The guy before me had died in his bed in the garage right in the spot where I would sleep. I didn't find out until six months after I bought the place, from then on every bump in the night was a ghost.

Off topic have you heard the story about the Landsborough puma? The locals talk about it all the time. There was a few sightings last year and then a few weeks after that I spotted in the dirt near my vegie patch roo prints and a cat print almost as big as my hand. Looked like the cat was chasing roos. I'm 100% positive and so are the locals that there is a big cat up there in the Pyrenees somewhere. There were a spate of sheep maulings at the time. Clean cut across the belly and the guts removed. Not like a wild dog mauling.
Old 14-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #201
gtfpv
GT

deleted
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #202
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When people mean orbs, it's not dust on the lens when the flash is used is it?

For example this is a photo where spots are visible in the dark but not in the light.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #203
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
The only difference is that from one end of the electromagnetic spectrum to the other with radio waves, x-rays, and anything else you "can't see" (and wind and sound waves as well), you can measure, observe effects, and detect them, also predict what the observations will result in.
Doesn't exactly work with woo subjects like ghosts. Heresay and Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all...

The "electronic voice phenomenon" is the auditory part of the fact of pareidolia (where you see patterns and shapes, usually faces, in random objects)...you hear a series of noises and electronic interference, and your brain (which is programmed to look for patterns anyway) thinks it hears words.
The giveaway that there is a perfectly natural explanation to it is that with the vast majority of people, you have to actually point out to them what it is they are supposed to be hearing, and then their brain fills in the blanks and you magically and suddenly "hear" it too. Same with images of hidden faces on rocks or in wood grain...once you see it, it's truly a case of "what has been seen cannot be unseen".
thanks for the lession mate.
maybe some things just can't be picked up though?
Life is such a mystery...
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #204
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Went into the gas chambers at Mauthausen concentration camp and saw all the fingernail scratchings on the walls from the poor people who had been herded in there for execution. At that moment, I had this eerie feeling that there were 1000 pairs of eyes in that room watching me and it made my hair stand on end, literally. Couldnt get out of there fast enough.

I will never ever forget the sight of that room and the feeling I had from being in it, ever.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #205
Scott

Was going to stay at a mates property on the weekend so I grabbed out my old swag from when I was a young buck to take with me. Rolled it out on the lounge room floor and it was covered in ghosts.

Slept like a baby in a circus tent that night...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #206
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Was going to stay at a mates property on the weekend so I grabbed out my old swag from when I was a young buck to take with me. Rolled it out on the lounge room floor and it was covered in ghosts.

Slept like a baby in a circus tent that night...
WHAT! LMAO!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #207
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six
When people mean orbs, it's not dust on the lens when the flash is used is it?

For example this is a photo where spots are visible in the dark but not in the light. image
There's a few types of "orbs". In a dark environment or with a darkish background where they "appear", it;s dust floating in the air reflecting the flash. In a situation like that cave, it's fine particles on the lens itself...that's why they don't show up on the lighted areas...they get washed out by the much brighter light.
Old 15-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #208
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
I sold my place out there last year because the locals are weird. No, just kidding. My place was in Landsborough. The guy before me had died in his bed in the garage right in the spot where I would sleep. I didn't find out until six months after I bought the place, from then on every bump in the night was a ghost.

Off topic have you heard the story about the Landsborough puma? The locals talk about it all the time. There was a few sightings last year and then a few weeks after that I spotted in the dirt near my vegie patch roo prints and a cat print almost as big as my hand. Looked like the cat was chasing roos. I'm 100% positive and so are the locals that there is a big cat up there in the Pyrenees somewhere. There were a spate of sheep maulings at the time. Clean cut across the belly and the guts removed. Not like a wild dog mauling.
Warrenmang Winery at Moonambel has a red wine called Black Cat, has a picture of a panther on the label
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #209
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Warrenmang Winery at Moonambel has a red wine called Black Cat, has a picture of a panther on the label
My father volunteers at the St Arnaud historical society just down the road. He dug out of the archives an old photo of some locals who had shot a big cat out that way. I'll see if I can get the picture. Think its on my facebook page somewhere.
Old 15-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #210
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
There's a few types of "orbs". In a dark environment or with a darkish background where they "appear", it;s dust floating in the air reflecting the flash. In a situation like that cave, it's fine particles on the lens itself...that's why they don't show up on the lighted areas...they get washed out by the much brighter light.
Come on dude, just let us have our fun hey?

I, for one, welcome our new ghost overlords.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post