Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #241
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I wouldn't call the current ruling government in Sweden (Moderate Party) ultra liberal. I would argue that some of their recent policies have come from a distinct lean to the right. Assange is safer in England in my opinion.
Maybe thats where the current pressure to extradite from England to Sweden is coming from. But the judicial hurdles to get him from Sweden to the US would be much tougher.

If the US ever bring charges against him and get him extradited. His defence team will be throwing around Supreme court challenges like pink confetti at the Mardi Gras.

I think for the most part what is happening to him is "legit" but his profile is definitely making the wheels turn a lot faster/harder against him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
But, the Swedish matter is not necessarily some US underhanded act either. There may be a simpler explanation, and that is that the Prosecutrix in Sweden has a hardon for the type of case he is alleged to have committed there, or simpler still, there is likely some career mileage for her in pursuing Assange due to his infamy.
Lots of dinners and vigorous handshakes for that Prosecutrix, probably even a very sought after board position somewhere later in life when this is a distant memory.
Old 15-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #242
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
we know NOTHING of what our governments are actually up to..
You hit the nail on the head right there.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #243
rodderz

Do some reading on the history of the Rockefeller family, that alone is enough to warrant Assange leaking this info and how their presence influences the US government and things that have happened. They have their fingers in every pie imagineable in America.

The benefitted from the civil war, started up the biggest oil company in the world (Standard Oil, which then got split up into the ones that are still around now such as Shell/Chevron, Mobil, Caltex), they started the currency in the US, have had roles in government, FBI, and have one of the largest banks in the world. If leaks can identify some dodgy dealings there, the place will get interesting.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #244
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Do some reading on the history of the Rockefeller family, that alone is enough to warrant Assange leaking this info and how their presence influences the US government and things that have happened. They have their fingers in every pie imagineable in America.

The benefitted from the civil war, started up the biggest oil company in the world (Standard Oil, which then got split up into the ones that are still around now such as Shell/Chevron, Mobil, Caltex), they started the currency in the US, have had roles in government, FBI, and have one of the largest banks in the world. If leaks can identify some dodgy dealings there, the place will get interesting.
Just one set of 'players', many more, its all routine and will be so in conflict ahead.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #245
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Im not familiar with all you listed, however they are also responsible for Yellowstone National Park. And the nature of national parks today, in that they are not commercial, so its not all bad.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #246
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most interesting thing I have heard recently is that he holds a trump card... a 50 year infrastructure plan for the US on foreign soil that he has not released yet. This includes "ports, PIPELINES, and military bases".

Anyone who has done reading into the reasons for going into the middle east knows that there is always a lot of discussion about a pipeline.

Anyway, I am keeping well out of this discussion on personal opinions. I have a strong opinion on the whole thing, but it also conflicts with my love of freedom and the reality that there has been corruption and secrets for as long as we have had governments.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #247
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Do some reading on the history of the Rockefeller family, that alone is enough to warrant Assange leaking this info and how their presence influences the US government and things that have happened. They have their fingers in every pie imagineable in America.The benefitted from the civil war, started up the biggest oil company in the world (Standard Oil, which then got split up into the ones that are still around now such as Shell/Chevron, Mobil, Caltex), they started the currency in the US, have had roles in government, FBI, and have one of the largest banks in the world. If leaks can identify some dodgy dealings there, the place will get interesting.
Too right! The Rockefellers, kissinger, cheney, rumsfield, bernanke...all are evil influential people for the American government. Wish wikileaks leaked some info on Kissinger. How that guy is not in jail beats the you know what out of me.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #248
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Most interesting thing I have heard recently is that he holds a trump card... a 50 year infrastructure plan for the US on foreign soil that he has not released yet. This includes "ports, PIPELINES, and military bases".

Anyone who has done reading into the reasons for going into the middle east knows that there is always a lot of discussion about a pipeline.

Anyway, I am keeping well out of this discussion on personal opinions. I have a strong opinion on the whole thing, but it also conflicts with my love of freedom and the reality that there has been corruption and secrets for as long as we have had governments.
If you look it up you will find that prior to the invasion of Afghanistan a particular oil company was in talks with the taliban government to build an oil and gas pipeline through the country. The Taliban could not garantee the safety of the pipeline as it did not control all of the country (the rest was run by warlords/ drug trade). The talks failed in 1999 i think.

Around 2002/2003 this pipeline was completed!.....

And if you remember around 2007/8 the then liberal defence minister actually said in parliament... that our aussie troops did a great job protecting this pipeline.... An uproar ensued and then it quickly was retracted and barely a murmour in the media.

But i wont draw any conclusions from this!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #249
WMD351
Size it up

Pipeline, what pipeline?
http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_d...p?q=1216405258

In somewhat more thread related news, it's reported today that Time Magazine went with the Facebook Man of the Year only after rejecting the popular vote which went to Assange. I suppose they don't want to be painting JA in a positive light in the U.S at the moment.

Hard to believe that while he's been locked up he's been denied access to any letters and any of the legal paperwork regarding the case against him .

Somewhat ironic to see Rudd standing up for him, but then again if there's anyone who likes a good leak...
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #250
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...17/3096032.htm
Quote:
WikiLeaks broke no Australian laws

Updated 46 minutes ago

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) says it has not found any breaches of Australian law by Julian Assange's WikiLeaks organisation.

"The AFP has completed its evaluation of the material available and has not established the existence of any criminal offences where Australia would have jurisdiction," the force said in a statement released today.

"Where additional cables are published and criminal offences are suspected, these matters should be referred to the AFP for evaluation."

Attorney-General Robert McClelland says it was "prudent" for the Government to have referred the matter to the AFP.

Mr Assange, who is wanted for questioning on sexual assault charges in Sweden, was freed on bail by the High Court in London overnight.

He is now at a friend's country house in Suffolk, where he must live until the start of his extradition hearing on February 7.

Mr Assange has denied the Swedish charges against him and his legal team have said they are worried about the possibility of him being extradited to face possible espionage charges in the US.

WikiLeaks is currently releasing around 250,000 US diplomatic cables which have caused major embarrassment for the US and some of its allies.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has previously condemned Mr Assange's actions, calling them "illegal".

But she later moderated her language, saying it was the theft of the US cables that was the illegal act, while Mr Assange's role was "grossly irresponsible".

Meanwhile, Defence Minister Stephen Smith says a Defence taskforce has found WikiLeaks cables about Iraq released earlier in the year did not damage the national security interest.

Earlier this year WikiLeaks released batches of documents relating to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Defence had already said the leaked documents on Afghanistan did not damage Australia's interests.

Old 22-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #251
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an absolutely hypocritical XXXXing Germ this XXXXwit is .

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/w...ctim-of-leaks/
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #252
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love "short and too the point" comments..... you laid out your arguement quite well.

Old 22-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #253
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris

Only if you consider all leaks to be the same. Wikileaks isnt leaking anything that involves a current investigation by a court system, nor anything top secret. Its basically communications between officials.

The leaks he is referring too impair his right to a fair trial, and that is something that should worry everyone.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #254
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering the fact that the USA is also again considering retrospective law in order to be able to charge him with a crime because simply put they cant charge him with anything is now becoming a worry.

If it happens it will be the 2nd time that retrospective law is created in order to charge someone with a crime by the USA.

Think of the implications of this?

Basically they are saying that if they dont like you or what youve done they will simply make up a law out of the blue and charge you with it.... if this doesnt ring alarm bells what will?

So far we have seen what appears to be trumped up charges, his name appearing on the WORLDS MOST WANTED LIST despite the fact he HASNT been charged with a crime. He has also been put into jail WITHOUT charges for 3 weeks and now must wear a tracking bracelet.. and people are calling him a hypocrit??

Old 22-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #255
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Considering the fact that the USA is also again considering retrospective law in order to be able to charge him with a crime because simply put they cant charge him with anything is now becoming a worry.

If it happens it will be the 2nd time that retrospective law is created in order to charge someone with a crime by the USA.

Think of the implications of this?

Basically they are saying that if they dont like you or what youve done they will simply make up a law out of the blue and charge you with it.... if this doesnt ring alarm bells what will?

So far we have seen what appears to be trumped up charges, his name appearing on the WORLDS MOST WANTED LIST despite the fact he HASNT been charged with a crime. He has also been put into jail WITHOUT charges for 3 weeks and now must wear a tracking bracelet.. and people are calling him a hypocrit??
It also defeats the purpose of laws. That is one reason courts are loathe to act on retrospective criminal laws, they wont do it here. You cant ensure you live within the law, if the law is able to go back in time and make a legal act, illegal.

Think about it. Imagine if they could change the speed limit after youve driven the road. Lets say a road has a limit of 100, and they change it to 60, and then look over old footage of point to point cameras and ping everyone who did 100 for the previous 6 months.

Or imagine if on June 30 2010, they changed tax rates to 50% for all incomes dating back to July 1 1990. You'd could be in debt to the tax dept for 20 yrs of back taxes.
Old 23-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #256
pulpist
nope!

I love America.

The CIA has launched the WikiLeaks Task Force

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
pulpist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #257
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

There is a difference between leaking personal information about individuals, and leaking info about governments, or other large organizations that are ripping people off.

I didn't think the point of wikileaks was to defame individuals?
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #258
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
There is a difference between leaking personal information about individuals, and leaking info about governments, or other large organizations that are ripping people off.

I didn't think the point of wikileaks was to defame individuals?
You are kidding are'nt you ? Do as I say not as I do or in this germs case dont do as I do but do as I selectively say . You cant have it both ways . Pathetic , truly pathetic . Snivelling little maggot deserves all he gets .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #259
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
You are kidding are'nt you ? Do as I say not as I do or in this germs case dont do as I do but do as I selectively say . You cant have it both ways . Pathetic , truly pathetic . Snivelling little maggot deserves all he gets .
Its like comparing a neighbour who has an issue with your exhaust note calling the cops all the time, and you calling the cops because some clown is breaking into a neighbours house. Theyre not the same thing, despite the similarity.

He is exposing lies and underhandedness of elected officials and their departments, something that is your business if you want to know. They are damaging his right to a fair trial which is no-ones right even if they want to know.
Old 23-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #260
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And you still miss the point and not reply to the points made beforehand....

Old 23-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #261
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
And you still miss the point and not reply to the points made beforehand....
Give up mate your just

You and others have made logical and thought out statements that will continue to fall by the wayside.
Old 23-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #262
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Didn't U.S and other nations condemn China for editing Google ???
Hmmm ???
The U.S pollies behind banks and the money that went to them...
Ahh yes please tell ....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #263
Barnaby

Looks like someone still hasn't had their nap...
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #264
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Lol. Afraid that your secrets are going to come out?

Former worker at Canberra?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #265
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Lol. Afraid that your secrets are going to come out?

Former worker at Canberra?
Worker and Canberra.... an oxymoron...
Like Military and Intelligence.....

Old 24-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #266
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Is this still going .................................................. ......... snore.
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #267
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Give up mate your just

You and others have made logical and thought out statements that will continue to fall by the wayside.
Too right! It makes no sense to call someone names who imo, is doing everything he can to show the people of the world what these corrupt government are doing.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #268
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Julian Assange is a grand standing XXXXker and if what he has ILLEGALLY released leads to one persons death he should be executed . Look at Me Look at Me look at Me grandstanding XXXXker .
I totally agree. Assange is a pompous, self important windbag who claims to have some sort of right to distribute information he aquired through dubious means.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #269
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob
I totally agree. Assange is a pompous, self important windbag who claims to have some sort of right to distribute information he aquired through dubious means.

So the thread goes quiet and you decide to add what to the discussion?
Seriously ?
If your idea of discussion is to insult or degrade someone without even having a go at explaining why you disagree with him then why bother posting??

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #270
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
So the thread goes quiet and you decide to add what to the discussion?
Seriously ?
If your idea of discussion is to insult or degrade someone without even having a go at explaining why you disagree with him then why bother posting??
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of him, even if that differs from your own.

You can now ask Mr Assange anything too!
http://www.askthewikileaksguy.com
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post