Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Reflections - Autobarn Chadstone Revving up for Boys Toys, 15 02 2007

Well drove to Chaddy from my place, was a nice drive.......

Didn't see many cars heading in, but saw some heading out, got to the Actual Show which had that red and white tape around posts marking off areas for the cars to park.

The tape was busted though and not many cars were there, why not, well there was about 8 to 10 police man walking around all the cars that were at the show and giving them parking tickets for not parking properly (this was in the taped off section) OR giving the cars nice little yellow stickers.

SOME ONE MUST OF REALLY ****ED THEM OFF for them to do that..............

NOW be aware that Police read through these forums so don't be stupid and make a fool out of your self with stupid comments

What I want to know is does anyone know anything else about this?

Oh yeah Rymers lucky your car was not there.............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 16-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

Pics!!!
Old 16-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
pHaT`eL
Banned

Thats pretty bad form on there behalf..
Old 16-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #4
glenneaux

I went with some others and watched some cops defect a skyline and an rx7.

They started issuing parking tickets AFTER they cancelled the event and the organiser took down the tape.

No offence to any police / the police or anything but the police in question seemed very cocky/arrogant over the whole thing. I'm not trying to defend the "defective" vehicle owners as the cops were completely in their right to do it but after the organiser said loudly "You're free to go the rest of the night is cancelled" a police officer said to his colleagues with a smile on his face something along the lines of "well apparently they were all under arrest before ..".

One of the organisers (i think she was..) got into an argument/discussion with said police officers about why they were defecting parked vehicles in an event organised with chaddy admin/autobarn/whoever was involved and to which they replied that the chaddy carpark (at least the one outside myer?) was considered "highway" and as such these "defective vehicles" were on the highway and were fair game. Apparently the definition of highway will support that.

I'm not trying to defend anyone or have a go at the cops but it seemed a bit low, like kicking someone when they're down. They looked at a purple RX7 and slapped the defect sticker on the windscreen because the owner was no-where to be seen and then to top it off slapped a parking infringement notice on the windscreen (which i think was due to the fact that the event was cancelled etc etc and they were parked diagonally across a few parks??)

Having said all that later when i/we came out of chaddy the rx7 was being loaded onto the back of a truck (by the owner i presume.) and one of the organisers was infront of a video camera (big tv studio type..) with chaddy security making sure people werent getting in shot etc ;)

Overall a big fizzle out and some upset car owners !!!
Old 16-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
glenneaux

Few pics i took.. shitty i know... too many people to take a decent pic.. :P

Skyline with defective vehicle notice!

Rx7 defective notice..

Rx7 going onto tilt tray - organizer type person in front of camera in foreground..

Old 16-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
-jjM-
Banned

so did autobarn chadstone even bother to say to people running chadstone "were holding an event in your car park" or they just did what they wanted, police seems about right for this area but thats all ill say, glad i didnt go
Old 16-02-2007, 01:21 AM   #7
glenneaux

Yeah it was an organised event but they were just saying that it was classified as highway and was fair game - apparently if it'd been in the undercover car park or private property it'd have been okay..

I think most people were lucky they didnt start handing out parking infringement notices until AFTER they said it was cancelled.

Somehow I cant really see chaddy the location for anything big like this again..

EDIT

I mean it was organised with chaddy (i think) because there was chaddy security keeping the spectators outta the way of the cars and stuff.. I dont think something like that would last 5min if they werent aware of it..
Old 16-02-2007, 01:28 AM   #8
glenneaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
police seems about right for this area but thats all ill say, glad i didnt go

They were only going after the cars on display man.. from what i saw they didnt bother with any of the other cars. Seemed perfectly safe for bystanders :P
Old 16-02-2007, 02:42 AM   #9
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

a new low for cops or is it another day on the beet for them, hmmm funny how things like this happen every week sounds like they have nothing better to do...
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 16-02-2007, 10:00 AM   #10
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
SOME ONE MUST OF REALLY ****ED THEM OFF for them to do that..............
Just because your buddies are such nice guys, doesn't mean they are all like that.

This comes as no surprise as SOME cops have it in for car enthusiasts whether you like to believe that or not.

It's just unfortunate that we have to cop so much flak these days as a result of events like Noble Park - and don't say that hasn't left any impact because every cop I have spoken to recently to do with the cruises I run has told me not to take the cruise anywhere near that area.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if a cop is in a bad mood that can only be bad news for people with hot cars regardless how sensible they are with them.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Autobarn, since when has it had a good reputation...
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 16-02-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Just because your buddies are such nice guys, doesn't mean they are all like that.
Nah they can be pricks as well..........

All seemed a bit unfair to me, people are getting scared to take their cars to events like this and even cruises. I agree that previoulsy at these types of events you had people showing off in their cars "dangerous driving", burnouts etc BUT in recent years this has all changed and most people that go to these events just go to show their cars........they dont have to proove anything on the road.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.

Last edited by AdzT3-146; 16-02-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 16-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Yeah since when is Autobahn respectable?

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Old 16-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By the sound of things it seems that the police had planned this operation well before yesterday!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 16-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Yeah since when is Autobahn respectable?
Well I guess some people have Autobarn stickers on their cars, very cool.... :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 16-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
PHoeNiX
The ORIGINAL!

yeah, some HOT cars there....luvin the RX7. thought it was a bit crappy that they did it seeing as tho it was a display....but what can ya do....

looked like the front bar of the RX7 was gonna snap as they pulled it up the tray...
Old 16-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Jeez glad i didn't go. Starting to to wonder whether it's worth ever taking the car out :/

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 16-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #18
Walkinshaw
Two > One

A lesson. Any car in a car display. Remove plates & cover VIN/Rego.

Old 16-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make it hard for the cops, build a sleeper. ;)
Old 16-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #20
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

sleepers FTW !!!!
TUNED BY JEM
Old 16-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #21
LTDHO
The one and only

It's a shame that motorists can no longer show the effort and money into their car anymore. It is a discusting and sad Australia that we live in now. It has been bought down by a government body that is supposed to keep it civil. Very ironic I know.

Don't start with "They are doing their job" rubbish either.
They're is more harm being done out there that's going un policed.

This is not a 'go' at the police force, but I am very disapointed by the way things go. The motoring community is being culled for reasons other than safety. Whilst dangerous activies continue.

Anyway I guess the LTD will remain in my backyard whilst I get lifts to motor shows.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 17-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #22
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
From what I saw on the news, it was the Traffic Management Unit there, that is their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdho
Like what?
Old 17-02-2007, 03:09 AM   #23
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
It's a shame that motorists can no longer show the effort and money into their car anymore. It is a discusting and sad Australia that we live in now. It has been bought down by a government body that is supposed to keep it civil. Very ironic I know.

This is not a 'go' at the police force, but I am very disapointed by the way things go. The motoring community is being culled for reasons other than safety. Whilst dangerous activies continue.

Anyway I guess the LTD will remain in my backyard whilst I get lifts to motor shows.
I agree 110% with everything you just said. Seems to be the few bad spuds that ruin it for everyone.
Old 17-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #24
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
From what I saw on the news, it was the Traffic Management Unit there, that is their job.

Like what?
Like what? Try violence outside nightclubs caused by alcohol, try murders, rapes, stabbings, the list goes on.
Old 17-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #25
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Like what? Try violence outside nightclubs caused by alcohol
I'm all for prohibition, but what are you going to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
,try murders, rapes, stabbings,
I'm pretty sure all of those that have been reported are being investigated. :
Old 17-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #26
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
a new low for cops or is it another day on the beet for them, hmmm funny how things like this happen every week sounds like they have nothing better to do...
Couldnt agree more mate..... Its getting beyond a joke :
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
Old 17-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not sure if you guys remember when the dandy drags were shut down last time. Same thing happened. I parked the car for a few months and caught the train until things settled down. Basically the cops are just showing whos boss.
Old 17-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

I thought it may have been a car club there that the police have an eye on and got a heads up that they were going to display at that show..........

Yes they are doing their job but there are better ways of going about it as doing the job this way causes anger with the car enthusiast community.

No one can stop people modifying their cars and if it this sort of thing starts happening at all shows then the enthusiast will still have shows but they will do it illegally hidden in some factory area, isn't this what they are trying to stop?

Prevention is not the Cure in this situation........

And not even one member on this Forum had their car on Display and look at the anger it has caused, just imagine the other Forums whose members cars got pinned, can only imagine what is being said on them and also their attitude towards the police force now.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 17-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #29
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Quote:
There job is to make our roads safer. There are 100's cars out there that are not touched, yet the modified car cops it.
Quote:
Quote:
Like what?
*Unlawful driving (ie failing to indicate, failing to keep left, failing to give way,etc)
*Fatigue
*Driving under the influence
*road rage

need I continue?

Our roads are not unsafe due to the modified car scene!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 17-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #30
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Our roads are not unsafe due to the modified car scene!
What the hell are you on about. Do you know that more modified cars are involved in accidents than any other, and I'm not talking about V8 modified cars either. The sooner everyone under stood that if you drive a car that has been lowered had the exhaust or heaven forbid the wheels and tyres changed it is classed as a modified car.

We cannot keep the same old argument about them not doing the right thing. As far as the law is concerned they are in the right and we are in the wrong.

I know that every time from now on when I take the XR out I may get pinged for something, well if I do that just my bad luck. You see unlike some people I will take responsibility for what I have, and that is the trouble with most people they wont take responsibility for any thing in this day and age.
Closed Thread