Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Default Yobette / Ladette's on 60 Minutes

Hi All,

Anyone just seen teh article about young women on 60 minutes?

What are your thoughts on the upcoming generation of women and their behaviour?

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Old 28-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

My opinion is that shows like 60 minutes should concentrate more on the good people in the world.....Like they did a couple of weeks ago with that 16 year old girl looking after the family and farm.

Give those idiots attention, like that Corey clown and look what happens....
Old 28-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

It makes me think that there are no decent women left in this world.

As an honest single man, it makes me worry alittle about where the world is going.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 28-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
It makes me think that there are no decent women left in this world.

As an honest single man, it makes me worry alittle about where the world is going.
I have to agree with that.
Old 28-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Trek
Blue blooded

Wouldn't it be Yobette, not Yabette? Either way, it doesn't matter...

Remember, this IS 60 minutes and not some program providing definitive evidence about every single story they compile.

There's a good reason why I avoid these programs; they dumb you down every minute you lie on your couch, watching the whitewashed trash they spit out.

That said, why'd you watch it in the first place?
Old 28-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Pup_87
BA Wagon

The thing is that if you go to either Tracks/Epping Hotel or The Ranch (both sydney venues) its like that every wednesday and thursday night! its a total meat market! if you know these places Ben then you will agree with me.
So what you are asking is if you have an automatic licence even if it is upgraded to manual automatically can it be upgraded manually by sitting for a manual test and if passed the automatic licence is automatically upgraded but if failed is the automaic licence automatically failed as well and do you have to read the road safety manual to sit for the manual upgrade or does the automatic licence test of the road safety manual automatically cover the manual test as well?
Old 28-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
mad cow
blue oval addict

first up a story like that makes me glad im married and not putting up with trash like that. also 60 minutes is not in the same genre as the other current affairs shows as suggested before. Anyone that watches this show will agree its a good non biased and inforative show that keeps you watching even if you had no interest in the story beforehand. its one of the last of the old school tv shows and theres a good reason why its still going.
Old 28-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad cow
first up a story like that makes me glad im married and not putting up with trash like that. also 60 minutes is not in the same genre as the other current affairs shows as suggested before. Anyone that watches this show will agree its a good non biased and inforative show that keeps you watching even if you had no interest in the story beforehand. its one of the last of the old school tv shows and theres a good reason why its still going.

60 minutes has an agenda just like all the other current affairs programs, don't be fooled into thinking they're any different.
Old 28-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup_87
The thing is that if you go to either Tracks/Epping Hotel or The Ranch (both sydney venues) its like that every wednesday and thursday night! its a total meat market! if you know these places Ben then you will agree with me.
Meat market full of honest women or Yobettes?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 28-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
My opinion is that shows like 60 minutes should concentrate more on the good people in the world.....Like they did a couple of weeks ago with that 16 year old girl looking after the family and farm.
New twist to that story too....The father strangled the mother to death and then took his own life.....Has just come out in coroners report.
Old 28-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
Pup_87
BA Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Meat market full of honest women or Yobettes?
Yobetts dude. i will say that on the odd time you will find decent women there but its very rare
So what you are asking is if you have an automatic licence even if it is upgraded to manual automatically can it be upgraded manually by sitting for a manual test and if passed the automatic licence is automatically upgraded but if failed is the automaic licence automatically failed as well and do you have to read the road safety manual to sit for the manual upgrade or does the automatic licence test of the road safety manual automatically cover the manual test as well?
Old 28-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #12
Force6

Quote:
The Ranch? Ew! I wouldn't compare it to the Epping... The Epping isn't a classy joint but the Ranch is in a league of its own.

Do you happen to live in the Ryde area/go to Macq. uni?
Old 29-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #13
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
are you kidding?

ive been to tracks like nearly every wednesday for like the last month or 2 lol

its a joke there now. the ranch is no better. seriously. and you know me Evan i get around a bit haha

the mean fiddler on the otherhand... that's a meat market lol

but seriously, this lad/ladette scum plagues penrith. im from out west and am at penrith 4 times a week cause of uni or goin out or whatever, and lads and their dirty gf's are trash. they hang out at penrith station and the plaza drinking, starting fights and just generally being a pain. its not uncommon to see a group of them, where one of the female members of the group will have a pram, with all the others smoking and drinking around said pram. its a deadset joke. and these lads just arent in the 14-20ish bracket. i had the joy of sharing a train carriage last night with a lad who would have been mid to late 20's. he spent the whole time on the phone talking about how he absolutely smashed some bloke and put him through a wall and this, that, and the other to seem tough. the story was getting more exaggerated each time for whatever reason. probbaly to look tough or seem cool.

we can only hope that these people will grow out of these stupid ways and attitudes AND PUT THEIR DAMN HATS ON PROPERLY.

OH, and from my own research that i've conducted of the 18 to approx 24 year old bracket of women, not all of them are EASY like the media makes out. lol :monkes:

Last edited by HLC; 29-09-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 29-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #14
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These shows are largely about sensationalism.
They want to incite strong feelings for or against certain people/groups.
This is the media's role...to form your opinion through being selective in the information they release, and how it is shown.

None of the ladies I associate with are "yobettes". They have all attended Uni at some stage (and if they didn't finish their degree, they finished a TAFE course), have stable families, and understand how to behave responsibly.

How you are brought up and who you associate with will form your social views.
I think people like this (yobs and yobettes) are absolute morons who are ignorant of their stupidity (as would many people), but they believe they're just it and a bit.

Parents have less control over children nowadays, with smacking disallowed completely, or the parents face losing custody of children. On the other hand, people commit murder and walk out with a slap on the wrist.

Some of these people who walk around bragging about how they "beat this dude up blah blah blah" have low self esteem and can only make themselves feel better by making others feel bad, and by inflating their ego.

It's people like this who make me dislike the human race so much...we're just so selfish in the Western world. We take so much for granted and waste what we have. We really do not appreciate anything, as we always want more.

I feel partially responsible...I've probably just wasted 3 seconds of your life as you read what I've written :P

But as I said, the problem hasn't suddenly exploded...it's always been there, but it's just getting worse.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 29-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They whinge about equality and then get flamed for acting like the boys? pfft..

i've just read the transcript, and the demographic they are talking about is a very small percentage.. and could someone please show me these sexually agressive women? 'cuz i havnt seen any as of late!! I was at Tracks in Epping last wednesday night(admittedly only til about 10:00 - wasnt drinkin,for a mates birthday) and the place was fairly quiet, a nice crowd of people just relaxing and hanging with friends or playin pool downstairs.. as its been said its completly sensationalised..
sure some girls will go and get smashed one night but who cares, a good percentage of guys that drink will do that once in a month, even once a week..
Old 29-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #16
MitchG

tell me you wouldn't want a chick like that for a 1 nighter? a yobette i mean..
as for a wife or life partner? no chance!!!!
Old 29-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #17
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG
as for a wife or life parter? no chance!!!!
thats probably how those women are thinking too
Old 29-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG
as for a wife or life partner? no chance!!!!
No...I don't know where they've been...

Don't snap my undies.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #19
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Very sad tale. Women "lost" in their own minds of what they think they need to be in order to survive in a male dominated world........

The last girl - she admitted she needed help. Very likely a sweet girl who needs to be treated correctly in order for her "lady" to appear.

Very sad. I hope they can grow up and enjoy life and all it has to offer before its too late.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 29-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #20
XR8GRL