Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Default Shock announcement, I'm selling up!

Well here's a shock for you, I'm selling the RedXR347! Yes you read right the AU is on the market and I am looking to downsize, I will still be on here though as I am looking atm at the XR5T. My reasons are I just can't justify owning a large car anymore (no reason) and I wan tsomething nice and shiny and new that is a lot more capable of the twisty stuff, something I am a big fan of. It will be sad to see her go as she has been a great car to own but the time has come and hopefully the new owner (once one comes along) will treat her as well as I did.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Noooo, dude, thats not good news! The beast is moving on! I know she can give you grief at times, but thats part of her charm!
I know how you feel though, I put mine up on the market for a while too. The thing that stopped me was that I got no interest. Your car is much better than mine though, so you shouldn't have too many problems in that regard.

The XR5's are an awesome looking car, but I would find it extreemly difficult to talk myself into buying a front wheel drive car. Why don't you look at a Mazda 6 MPS? They are fantastic cars, more powerful than the XR5 and AWD! The interior looks really nice and modern too, but then all those smaller cars do these days.

Sad news to hear mate, but I hope it all goes well for you.

Evan
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Hmmmmmm you might want to change your avatar, personally I would be turned off buying your car if your displaying it doing that!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Well here's a shock for you, I'm selling the RedXR347! Yes you read right the AU is on the market and I am looking to downsize, I will still be on here though as I am looking atm at the XR5T. My reasons are I just can't justify owning a large car anymore (no reason) and I wan tsomething nice and shiny and new that is a lot more capable of the twisty stuff, something I am a big fan of. It will be sad to see her go as she has been a great car to own but the time has come and hopefully the new owner (once one comes along) will treat her as well as I did.
Sook ya carn"t give up yet you were soooo close
: Dam how qwick are them XR5 things .
Good luck with it mate ...whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Noooo, dude, thats not good news! The beast is moving on! I know she can give you grief at times, but thats part of her charm!
I know how you feel though, I put mine up on the market for a while too. The thing that stopped me was that I got no interest. Your car is much better than mine though, so you shouldn't have too many problems in that regard.

The XR5's are an awesome looking car, but I would find it extreemly difficult to talk myself into buying a front wheel drive car. Why don't you look at a Mazda 6 MPS? They are fantastic cars, more powerful than the XR5 and AWD! The interior looks really nice and modern too, but then all those smaller cars do these days.

Evan
If I could strech the finances for a Mazda6 MPS I would, the same goes for the RX8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
Hmmmmmm you might want to change your avatar, personally I would be turned off buying your car if your displaying it doing that!
I reckon by now everyone on here has seen my avatar anyway, I think I'll still take your advice though.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

You'll have alot more cash in you pocket from the fuel savings mate. I love the au but times are tough! :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I'm close to selling my AU as well. Not sure yet, but been giving it plenty of thought lately
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I could strech the finances for a Mazda6 MPS I would, the same goes for the RX8.

Mate, your not looking hard enough! I dont know about the RX8, never been a fan of the ****el myself, but I'm sure you could do a deal on an ex-demo 6 MPS for the same money as the XR5. If I were you, thats what I would be looking for.

Evan
Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

: Don't do it Russ, you'll regret it once it's done. As soon as your in the XR5 or whatever you decide to get, you'll be longing for the power and torque of the red.

Quote:
I want something nice and shiny and new that is a lot more capable of the twisty stuff, something I am a big fan of.
You want capable through the twisties, throw either a set of tein struts on the front, koni's on the rear. Or koni's all round. Beef up the sway bars. Maybe even tighten the LSD, and the red will handle sweet as sweet can be. Better than what an XR5 would be like, and with more power

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
: Don't do it Russ, you'll regret it once it's done. As soon as your in the XR5 or whatever you decide to get, you'll be longing for the power and torque of the red.

You want capable through the twisties, throw either a set of tein struts on the front, koni's on the rear. Or koni's all round. Beef up the sway bars. Maybe even tighten the LSD, and the red will handle sweet as sweet can be. Better than what an XR5 would be like, and with more power

Cheers
You obviously haven't been in an XR5. It will eat his XR8 in the twisties. You can get an off the shelf tune that brings the car to life. It doesn't take much money to get these things moving and still get more power and be more satisfied with the purchase.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #11
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the new hot hatches as they call em are all pretty good hey i was lookn into buying one a few months ago and took a VW GTI GOLF a MAZDA3 MPS & a XR5 all for fang they are all good the mazda was the quickest in a straight line but personnally i was happiest with the VW but then again the vw is the dearest as well ya can pick up a low km demo XR5 for under 40k.....my biggest concern would be how long the clutch will last and on all them i think it would expensive to replace hey.....the XR4 sounds pretty good too and alot cheaper than the others....i havent driven one yet so not sure on how good they are but they do get right/ups in magazines etc

Last edited by waggaclint; 02-11-2007 at 08:08 PM.
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Good luck with the sale of it Russ. Hopefully you'll get a good price for her. I've been considering selling mine for an XR8 for quite a while now. It's a pity I don't like red, otherwise I'd consider yours.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

real head turner your au is, what ever you get will have to be exceptional to be as cool.............good luck
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #14
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I couldn't see myself in something smaller than a Falcon, but each unto their own.

Good luck with the sale. Venom Red is a great colour - I can certainly recommend it.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU

Evan
I agree, the mazdas are great. I'm going to test drive the mazda 3 this afternoon. They do an MPS version of the mazda 3 also, i wonder how that would compare to the focus?

Good luck with it all
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
I agree, the mazdas are great. I'm going to test drive the mazda 3 this afternoon. They do an MPS version of the mazda 3 also, i wonder how that would compare to the focus?

Good luck with it all
XR5 has 166kw whereas the 3 MPS has 190kw. Apparantly the MPS has too much power and suffers from torque steer in the same way the Astra Turbo and HSV VXR Astra do.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
rodderz

Is this the XR5 focus or Mondeo? The mondeo is an absolute pearler of a car, will take a lot of falcon owners away too
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

oh! ...and i thought you were pregnant!!! :P :P

ooh well, sad about the sale, i hope the next owner takes as mch care as you did!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #19
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Man o man, seems like everyone is selling :( good luck with the sale tho Russ.
Shame i dont have room for another Venom Red XR8 in the garage
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #20
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Is this the XR5 focus or Mondeo? The mondeo is an absolute pearler of a car, will take a lot of falcon owners away too
The Focus ($$$ and the mrs won't strech for the Mondeo), to be honest I have been a big fan of the looks and styling of the Focus XR5 ever since I saw one in the flesh when they first came out.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Russ sorry to see it go, I have talked to you about it on MSN tho and my offer for some bits still stands.

It will be a shame to see it go but after seeing a few XR5's today, I could get into one no worries (if only it sounded like a V8).
Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL
Good luck with the sale of it Russ. Hopefully you'll get a good price for her. I've been considering selling mine for an XR8 for quite a while now. It's a pity I don't like red, otherwise I'd consider yours.

Krissy.
Like black??? Im sellin my s2 xr8 manual???

Fords ive owned-
2010 FG XR6 5 speed auto in Mystic
81 XD S-Pac 302c 4sp manual
78 Yellow TE Cortina Wagon 4.1L
92 Green EB Fairmont GT replica
01 Black AU XR8 II Manual
04 Rapid BAII XR6T 220rwkw
04 Mandarin BA XR6T 247rwkw
07 BF II XR6T 385rwkw
1980 ZJ Fairlane 302c
mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
XR5 has 166kw whereas the 3 MPS has 190kw. Apparantly the MPS has too much power and suffers from torque steer in the same way the Astra Turbo and HSV VXR Astra do.
Which is exactly why you want to save up the extra coin to get yourself into a Mazda6 MPS!! AWD cures the under steer! If your after handling, I don't see how you could go past it. Nicer interior too.
Then again, you could go all out an go a WRX!

Evan
Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #24
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Each to there own champ,I like xr5 and XR4s as well,I love your XR8 too,Im considering getting one for myself again,RED is the best colour in AU's ,I dont know if I can stretch that far for yours,that said with the mods,I think its a good buy.Good luck with it all.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #25
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Good luck and hope she sells soon for you.....

I have driven them a few times in stock form and was rely let down, after all the hype when released I expected a pocket rocket far from the truth. I'd expect modded up they would be the car in performance they were meant to be.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Well this throws a spanner in the works!

I've just noticed that for the same $$$ (35k) I can get into a MY05 WRX or even a EVO VII. What to do, what to do. :evil3:

EDIT: and to confuse me further good k Subaru Liberty 3.0R B's are in that region too.

Last edited by RG; 05-11-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #27
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just watched some footage of a Liberty 3.0R Bspec going around Winton. Man those are quick and have ridiculous levels of grip, the corner speed was scary. Might go get me a test drive of one, there's one up in Bendigo with 40k for 33g.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Good luck and hope she sells soon for you.....

I have driven them a few times in stock form and was rely let down, after all the hype when released I expected a pocket rocket far from the truth. I'd expect modded up they would be the car in performance they were meant to be.
What are you expecting for a car which is $2,000 more than the base model Falcon?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #29
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Whats your point there Bucky ? no comparo,by the way the Foci new on the Glass's dealers guide is $36k and the BFMK11 XT $42990.

After all the hype that the Euro XR5T was going to be a pocket rocket it's come up short and sales/stats prove it.

Don't get me wrong they are a nice looking toy but for the $$ Redxr347 is willing to spend I know where I'd be looking and he is starting to see with his posts above.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #30
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no idea what Glass is, I went to the ford web site and got my price from there.

So the BF 2 XT it $6,000 more than the XR5. So it makes it even better value for money.

All i am saying is for the price, you can't expect it to have as much performance as an AWD drive like the STI or an MPS. If you did, then it would be priced around the same. People are expecting it to be as good as the other cars like the MPS and STI, when you actually get in it and drive, it's nothing like those cars. I used the XT comparo becuase there is no comparasin. Same as the comparasin between the AWD. There is none.