Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Being followed...

Just a forewarning that this is a long story.

Driving home from work last Monday night about 10pm in my mums car I saw this white VT run a stop sign and almost got collected by a Corolla but then drove off so I thought nothing of it. Traffic was moving slowly (caused by this VT) other cars were overtaking so I pulled out to overtake and this guy swerved into my lane forcing me to brake to avoid an accident so I flashed my high beam to let the driver know they had almost caused an accident in case they weren't aware. The Commodore then turned down a side street then pulled out again and tailgated me extremely close for approx 9km and taking every turn I was taking. I then thought this guy was following me so I drove quickly up the windy part of road on the way back up toward home and thought I had left this guy behind. Still being a bit cautious I turned down an unlit side street and turned the lights off, ducked down and waited for the car to go past - which it did a couple of minutes later. I waited about 5 min before driving home and didn't see this car again.

On Tuesday night driving in mums car again from work at about 9:30pm the same car comes flying out of a sidestreet behind me tailgating again until this twisty section of road where I left them behind and pulled into another unlit side street and waited for about 10min after they had driven past this time - I then drove home and didn't see the car again.

For the rest of the week I was driving my XR and didn't get followed and had forgotten about the whole thing until last night.

Yesterday night I was picking up my younger sister from a friends house in my mums car and suddenly this VT flew out behind me again so I took a different route and eventually found a well lit area and stopped in the middle of the road - there is always a dolphin torch in the car so I grabbed that and hopped out of the car shining it at the driver so I could get a good look. The driver then nailed it off but luckily I got the rego number and a good look at the driver. It was definately the same car all 3 times because I noticed all 3 times it had the right tail light blown.

My main concern is that my mum will be driving along and get followed and I don't want this person to know where we live.

Judging by all that has happened do you think that I would have grounds to report this to the Police?

WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

to right you do .
and tell them that you are scared for your elderly mother who could not defend herself against a person as crazy as that
Old 24-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hell yeah, I would have tried to head to a police station while he's following you and make a report then and there, or if you have a handsfree kit, ring them police and report it and get someone there straight away. Your safety, and the safety of your family is most important.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I wouldn't be wasting time posting this on the forum when you should be doing it at the police station.

Imagine your mum being tailgated by this idiot.

Get off now and go report him.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Minge is wise, get off with you and document it. The guy has issues, and needs to be dealt with.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
fmc351
let it burn

Jebus. Yes report it, they wont be able to help you much but report it anyway. I wouldnt tell the story you did here though, like losing him on the twisty bits, or shining a light in his face while driving. Technically, a light in the face constitutes an assault in Qld.

Just for your own thoughts, next time dont flash someone in your mums car.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
gtfpv
GT

you've been followed on more than one occasion . ( that's a crime) i would get the police to go and pay this guy a visit right now . and get an AVO.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Technically, a light in the face constitutes an assault in Qld..
not in this case it was done for defensive and identification reasons. now you have the rego number you can have an AVO taken out against this clown which may hurt more than you think. if he works in an area that is covered by child protection laws an AVO would make life difficult for him and he may just loose his job. if he has a securuty licence of firearms licence they would be gone automatically so give him what he deserves

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

sounds like the guy in the VT has some growing up to do he must be lonley if he has time to follow you around.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok well I have just come back from filing a report. I didn't break the law on the twisty bits I was under the speed limit and not driving dangerously.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
fmc351
let it burn

What did they say?
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

You or someone who drives the vehicle is not on Workers Comp are they?? Those ar$!*oles will follow you till the end of the earth but usually they do it discreetly, what you've described doesn't sound to discreet, I'd definitely be watching my back !! :
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Get on a roundabout, and don't get off!
They'll soon grow tired and calm down.

Cheers
Old 24-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
What did they say?
Well basically because I don't have any witnesses they can't do too much but they lodged a formal report and said they would look into it. The guy I spoke to said there have been kids doing this lately for a laugh. I don't think they would be laughing if this happened to them.
Old 24-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Well basically because I don't have any witnesses they can't do too much but they lodged a formal report and said they would look into it. The guy I spoke to said there have been kids doing this lately for a laugh. I don't think they would be laughing if this happened to them.
Someone doing it 3 times on 3 different days doesn't sound like kids doing it for a laugh. Once maybe
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
ELtim
Six One Eight

Sounds worse than my encounter with the HSV driver.

Your situation is creepy..Mine was just a maniac.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #17
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

if they keep doing this people will take actions into their own hands.
Yeah good idea of going down to the cop shop, as daunting as it seems i have been down there a few times and each time i go i consider not going but when i come out i feel alot better and never regret it.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #18
prydey
Rob

i quite often see the same cars on my travels to and from work. some travel the same route as me every day. maybe its just coincedence and you just happened to be driving on the same road at the same time.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
Kryton

once the hoon hotline is active, try that.
OR set up a video camera in the car somewhere (or get a passenger to film it)
take it to the cop shop and then see what they have to say.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #20
BabyJ
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
once the hoon hotline is active, try that.
OR set up a video camera in the car somewhere (or get a passenger to film it)
take it to the cop shop and then see what they have to say.
Yes all good or...
If it happens again, call the cops while your being followed and direct them to you or go to them. Say that your being tailgated again after reporting the matter and your fearing for you life.
Just my 2c...
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

sounds dodgy to me!!

i have done the keep driving around the roundabout thing, it actually works quite well as if you are so inclined you can follow the follower!!
Old 25-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #22
ELtim
Six One Eight

A piece of advice somebody gave me...Slam on the breaks outside the cop shop and lock the doors.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #23
PoMmYwOG

yeah thats freaky stuff...i was followed one night for no reason after work, i was behind some guy then i went around a roundabout and he went around again and went behind me tailgating me real close, followed me everywhere, until i gunned it took some tight streets(lucky i know the area well) then pulled into a driveway and turned off the lights, he then went past later driving slowly, waited for them to turn back onto the highway then i took off home and put the car in garage....i was thinking it might have been the blokes who stole my car before coming back for it again...

06' Mazda SP23
5spd auto
Luxury pack
PoMmYwOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #24
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELtim
A piece of advice somebody gave me...Slam on the breaks outside the cop shop and lock the doors.
i was once followed for about 15km's one day by a some crazy guy. I went directly to the nearest police station. He obviously didn't have the guts to follow me into the carpark when I did that.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #25
mad cow
blue oval addict

i had a guy tailgate me on high beam one night so all i did was call the cops and told them where i was, my car discription and rego, then i slowed right down and waited for the cops to pull him over, when they did i also pulled up so that the other guy couldnt weasel his way out of it. it all worked really well for me but rather badly for the other guy.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #26
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i quite often see the same cars on my travels to and from work. some travel the same route as me every day. maybe its just coincedence and you just happened to be driving on the same road at the same time.
yeah agree to an extent.
but tailgating and such, if i was in that position, do a sharp u turn, see if they follow, dont indicate til the last second/dont if no one is around.

Then you will know if your being followed or not
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 01:37 AM   #27
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Hmm, been there, i thought a guy was tailgating me. So i did a blockie, and pulled into my mates driveway. Turns out it was an undercover :(

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 05:32 AM   #28
seduced_xr
BF XR6

could u get a mate to drive ur mums car the same route and follow in your xr.. then when the following car takes off follow it and find where it lives... also if ur worried about ur mothers safety throw a new set of plates on the car and stop driving it.
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #29
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

What a nutter. I'm fairly certain menace driving is illegal in QLD, pity about the lack of witnesses though.

There are plenty of legal ways you could make his life very difficult too btw...
Old 31-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #30
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Id get new plates for starters.

Have had similar things happen in the past, except they followed my girlfriend. Turned out to be a couple of teenage guys. Lucky for them my car was in the workshop and me and my breaker bar were in a rental that couldnt keep up with them

Just keep on reporting and documenting it.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post