Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hecktic Weekend

With the long weekend came many events for car enthusiast such as autosalon, PFM event in campbellfield, Ford Nats at heatcote, all ford day in Wagga with some other car events happening over this aswell. I would'nt mind listening to what everyone got up to on this weekend so far.

I went to two events, on saturday just before going to work i had a quick look at the event in campbellfield and it seemed pretty good. Some herrod gt's and au's there but not to many e-series cars there. Seemed ok, but i was only there for 20 mins.

And today i went to heathcote ford nats in the EB. I watched most of the drag runs and left before the burnout comp. Alot of "tough" cars were there with some nice EA-ED turbo's running 13's with one white one running low 10's all day. As usual there are your mean xy's and xa's, b and xe/d's soudning very nice when going down the track. Heaps of ba bf's xr8's, gt and utes going at it hard, ranging from 14-12 sec bracket. There was also a oil spill by this yellow xy that i really wanted to see it run down the q/t. The oil spill on the track meant that lane had to be cleaned up so only solo runs occur until it was cleaned. I didnt get any pics but had a fun day, will be going again next year for sure.

So what did everyone else get up to on the weekend? wouldnt mind some pics of any of the events people went to aswell as how it all went for you's.

Cheers

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

A really exciting weekend for me. Studying for tomorrow's exam :(
(obviously I was being sarcastic when I said it was exciting)

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Today I went to Pakenham for the Hot Road & Custom Show - what a huge turn-out, don't know how may cars where there. Lots of Fords there as well.............

Then went to Auto-Salon...............

So today i got the best of both worlds BUT No pictures, stupid Camera Phone Died and I have not purchased a car charger yet :(

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #4
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Raced at Heathcote. Car ran like poo. First time out for the car. Needs work!!!!
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Club day at Sandown on Saturday...

Started brilliantly... Got 18 laps in, best time 1min33.20sec, which is a good time for me (I am a bit of a beginner !)... Got up to 210km/h in the back straight and 190km/h in the front.

Had a ball.... Then.... At 160km, lost it going into a 'S' bend, did a 360 degree spin. Scraped the a$$ down the metal barrier... Rooted the back bumper, pushed in a little of the spare wheel well... Really could have been a lot worse...

Managed to convert the exhaust as well, one of those out of the side behind the rear wheel jobs !!!

Before the fun: : : :

Having fun: :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_

The Damage :

Bit of a bugger.... Get it fixed and start over...

Sunday - spent the day kissing the folks a$$, trying to raise the cash for repairs !!

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

oh man thats not good news!! how did it happen?
cant wait for the 'Fun Day' over at Winton Raceway so i can finally get my car on the track! man that'd be fun! (i might need to take a change of undies!...and maybe some condoms!! lol!!!)
Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a real shame, don't be scared to go back out again, you will just need to learn your limits.