Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default car sitting for 6 months... what should i do?

well ive lost my liscence for 6 months, so my car will be in the garage for 6 months doing nothing so what should i do?

im in the middle of looking for a house to buy so im putting monet aside each pay so i cant go too drastic.

im thinking of either

motor rebuild (although if this gets done i'll be looking at bigger cam and balancing, ported and polished and shaved head amd piggy back ecu)

new interior - im thinking veleour all over and new parcel shelf and new carpet

or any other suggestions?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

I reckon go the engine as it's a long term project, and the car won't be driveable for all that time.

With the interior, when you have your licence back, you could always work on it piece-by-piece and still keep it driveable. You can't do that with an engine.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
EFFANATIC
Banned

I think you should go a match and light it up and bang lmao!!! get a 4banger save more money so u get something what will gain $$$$$ like this house ,its time to enter the real world sunshine.
EFFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

What does the car need?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

You could lend the car to me for 6 months lol
:eclipsee_ :SaiyanSmi :the_finge

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

do the engine mate!
then once thats done and you have your licence back, you can still drive it and do the interior at the same time.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i do have a set of 19's which need tyres... theres a start. the motor is stock besides extractors, exhaust and custom air intake w/pod.

more power is what it needs I think!

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm, 6 months without a license, and a decent budget split up over a long time.

1st on the list should be a manual conversion. Isnt that hard or expensive, would eat up maybe a weekend and about $400.

Trading in your EF front end on a far sexier (in my opinion) EL XR front would be another option. Having an XR to start with should enable you to upgrade cheaply if you sell your old front end.

Another option would be a low pressure forced induction. A 2nd hand turbo and manifold shouldnt be that much, you already have the exhaust, and for low (~6psi max) boost a rising rate regulator and some water injection should take care of fuel and ignition timing issues.

The cheapest thing you could do is make a false floor for your boot, to give it a flat, hard floor. And you can make some cool looking hidden tool boxes in it too. There are all of the cheap interior upgrades as well, like the extra lights, chrome trim, and making your own guage pod backing. Replacing the shifter and boot surround with the BF shifter and manual shifter boot looks pretty cool too (if your car is auto).

just some thoughts.

cya
Ben
Old 20-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
frd_crzer
:D:D

you could get a cam grinded i think they cost about $350 brand new. manual conversion interior etc
Old 20-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #10
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFANATIC
I think you should go a match and light it up and bang lmao!!! get a 4banger save more money so u get something what will gain $$$$$ like this house ,its time to enter the real world sunshine.

Pull the engine out that way you won't be tempted to drive it.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #11
frd_crzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
:

Pull the engine out that way you won't be tempted to drive it.

then he can rebuild an AU motor and drop that in haha
Old 20-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Let me guess... Dorifto and the coppers saw you? Either that of too many speeding fines is my guess.

Save it and throw it into a house. You clearly haven't learnt your lesson the first time, now you're planning to mod even more... the money's better spent on a house, because once that's paid for, you can buy as many cars as you want and you'll be rich enough to mod them properly - plus you'll have the experience to be able to handle them.
Old 20-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
I6T5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Let me guess... Dorifto and the coppers saw you? Either that of too many speeding fines is my guess.

Save it and throw it into a house. You clearly haven't learnt your lesson the first time, now you're planning to mod even more... the money's better spent on a house, because once that's paid for, you can buy as many cars as you want and you'll be rich enough to mod them properly - plus you'll have the experience to be able to handle them.
your a ****er
I6T5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:

Yeah yeah yeah that's the one.

Who are you to say he hasn't learnt his lesson? He is planning to have the car off the road, isn't that something, or at least a start?

I didn't realise you become rich because you buy a house and learn how to "handle" cars because of it. Interesting. We should all buy a house and then drive around like Ambrose in our newly "properly" modded cars.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #15
frd_crzer

no matter what if we got a house and mod our cars properly we will not be able to drive like ambrose unless ur on a race track
Old 21-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #16
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

With house prices the way they are I think the last thing you'll be is rich. Once its paid for??? If your going to wait that long you'll be modding with an alternative fuel source. Obviously the sensible thing is to put your money into a house but I'll never die thinking I should have spent less money on cars and more on real estate.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post