Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default A decent radiator maybe?Sydney..

Guys.In Sydney is there anywhere decent to get a radiator? I got a new taiwanese one and it leakt.Threw it.Got a second hand jobbie and it lasted a few months and now that is leaking. If I have to I will get one from ford. Are there any other good radiators out there?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I recently installed a Natrad radiator.

It was Just under $200 supply only. National warranty if anything goes wrong.

Just got back from Cunnamulla, Charleville etc and all good - no leaks etc and some pretty rough roads out that way.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your using aluminium radiators you must ensure you have good electrics and earths and even sometimes earth the radiator. Current leakage can cause electrolytic corrosion which will deteriorate the radiator in no time in really bad cases in a matter of weeks or months. Aussie desert cooler even give this advise in writing with their alum. jobs advising that failure to have leakage tested may result in refusal of warranty claims..

Liquid Silver Pursuit250

Custom gear and diff ratios
ECU
Exhaust
Crow Comp. Valve springs
Adjust. Rollers
Cold air
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

talk to simon/mechan1k. he seems to be in the know when it comes to good rads.
Old 18-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
stiddy
Banned

PWR make some nice alloy radiators.. but $$$$ worth it imo.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I was told to steer clear of alluminium radiators. I will look into natrad or just give ford a call. So far the ford parts have been the best.A bit more but definately the best.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 18-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

ADRAD ... got it through NATRAD ... twin core copper core ... was about $250-ish.
Put it this way ... it sorted my overheating issues underload (500kg+ loads) in Summer ... takes a bit to warm up in winter though I have found.

All good really ... it has been in there over a year now and I still run my trans lines through it and to my aux cooler as well ... I haven't bypassed it. Internal transcooler in the rad is much larger as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stav

I just put a new genuine ford (Manual no tran cooler) radiator in my wagon last week,and now run external cooler.Got it on ebay about 6 months ago for the grand total of $43 deliverd with motor craft hoses in the ford box : :
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
ADRAD ... got it through NATRAD ... twin core copper core ... was about $250-ish.
Put it this way ... it sorted my overheating issues underload (500kg+ loads) in Summer ... takes a bit to warm up in winter though I have found.

All good really ... it has been in there over a year now and I still run my trans lines through it and to my aux cooler as well ... I haven't bypassed it. Internal transcooler in the rad is much larger as well.
100% agree there...
Old 19-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Stav
Smile

My water levels looked a bit sick today and so I visited my friendly local ford spares.220 dollars later i had an original radiator in my hands. Finished my day,removed the old one and installed the new one.Despite being anti aluminium ,this radiator is aluminium and plastic. I also removed the standard thermostat which starts to open at 92 degrees and fully opens at around 105 degrees. I chucked in a 82 degree stat. Checked it for leaks with my coolant tester ,fixed any leaks and went for a drive.

The car stayed in cold start enrichment mode alot longer and the car stayed below the n of normal tonight and took alot longer to reach even close operating temperature.
The automatic transmission temps have also dropped by a good 10 degrees for the 20 minute drive it got . This means it should also last alot longer as well.Oil failure by heat in the transmission kills the most auto boxes.
Overall,the combination of cooler thermostat and new radiator has more pros than cons but if it is extra power youre chasing this mod will make the car run alot richer and probably foul the plugs up a bit. I am undecided on this facet. I am expecting to use more fuel though .

Old 19-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
My water levels looked a bit sick today and so I visited my friendly local ford spares.220 dollars later i had an original radiator in my hands. Finished my day,removed the old one and installed the new one.Despite being anti aluminium ,this radiator is aluminium and plastic. I also removed the standard thermostat which starts to open at 92 degrees and fully opens at around 105 degrees. I chucked in a 82 degree stat. Checked it for leaks with my coolant tester ,fixed any leaks and went for a drive.

The car stayed in cold start enrichment mode alot longer and the car stayed below the n of normal tonight and took alot longer to reach even close operating temperature.
The automatic transmission temps have also dropped by a good 10 degrees for the 20 minute drive it got . This means it should also last alot longer as well.Oil failure by heat in the transmission kills the most auto boxes.
Overall,the combination of cooler thermostat and new radiator has more pros than cons but if it is extra power youre chasing this mod will make the car run alot richer and probably foul the plugs up a bit. I am undecided on this facet. I am expecting to use more fuel though .
I can only hope the trans cooler doesnt give out like nearly all factory ones do... :togo:
Old 20-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
Stav
Smile

I have thought about this ..what you are saying. If my tranny temps have gone down with the radiator then why not run it seperate to see the results of transmission cooler on its own? Also it is a risk that the transmission will be blown up by water leakage.it will be one less thing to worry about. I may buy some longer transmission hose and do that soon too. As soon as I fix my windows which have come off their clips recently. Looks like I will be fixing this car for ever. Maybe I treat her a bit too rough? Maybe it is built ford tough but not Stav tough? Maybe ford tough is Pink fairy tough? Ohh we broke a fingernail!!!