Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Default A few problems with EF

Hey guys, I've just bought a EF Falcon, auto, 215,000km's.

Just having a few problems with it.

It feels a bit sluggish and it idles a bit low and rough. I was thinking it could be the injectors. How much does it cost to get them professionally cleaned/or replaced? Does that injector cleaner fuel additive work?
I also thought it could be the oxygen sensor. How would I test if the oxygen sensor is working properly? Are they expensive to replace?

The other problem is the automatic gearbox. It sometimes takes too long to kick down, or sometimes doesn't kick-down at all. Sometimes it will kick-down and then shift back up again.
It doesn't slip or clunk at all. It's still very smooth under light-load and heavy-load. It selects the appropriate gear while cruising (except it will hold 3rd at 60 in economy and shift into 4th in normal - is that right?)

Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
24CIT
back to the shop........

when was the last service on the engine and gear box??? most of the time new fluids clean out everything and get everything running nicely! Nulon injector cleaner is quite good (in my experience)!! not to dear either.
Old 17-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24CIT
when was the last service on the engine and gear box??? most of the time new fluids clean out everything and get everything running nicely! Nulon injector cleaner is quite good (in my experience)!! not to dear either.
Cheers mate. I'm taking it down to a mechanic tomorrow and he's gonna check the engine codes and what not.

I wouldn't know when the last service was (only just bought the car), the sticker on the window says one is due in the next thousand km's. But there haven't been any recorded services in the user manual for over 100,000.

But yeah I'll stick some reccomended weight synthetic oil in tomorrow.

Changing trans fluid is as simple as dropping the sump, right?
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post