Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

Default Pistons and Rods for ef falcon

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where abouts i can Find/Order forged flat top pistons and forged rods for a ef 250 I6. And the sizes of standard pistons and a recomended size to get. If anyone could give me a website or anything i can find this information from. I have looked for hours in the net and cant find a single thing.
Cheers

96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

u will never find anything for an EF 250 l6, try searching for EF 4.0 or ohc 4.0 .... whats with wanting all the heavyass forged pistons..
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

i'm building it up to bolt a GT40 onto it, need to strengthen up the motor
96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

bottom end on a falcon is strong as anyways. but acl do make low compression pistons but im not a hundred percent sure if they're forged.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
EDXR6T

yer the ACL race series are just like AU piston's and i dont think thay make forgey's for te 4L's
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

arent they something like 237ci ?? 243??

250 was the 4.1
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

242 ior 243 cubes yeah the 250 was a 4.1 motor used in mid to late x-series. there has got to be some out there, but you can always get them made, i once inquired about getting drop forged pistons and rods but was way over the 3k mark, dont know if it was just because i was 17 at the time they thought they would try and bend me over.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

yoU CAN get Forge Pistons but they will cost you $1600 and you gotta wait about 3-6 months for them to make them for you, they dont have them on the shelf for the falcons there all custome made to order. A set of jcc pistons will be strong enough, and they only cost like $300. JCC make turbo pistons and pistons for NOS, and NA. If you want any info PM and ill send you details where you can get these from.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #9
24CIT
back to the shop........

i have ross racing pistons and argo rods in my 4.0L. i think it was about $3800 all up. :1syellow1