Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
infusion

Default Testing ISC...

hey guys how do i test my ISC???

i dissconnect the power from it and there is no noticible difference with reving and idleing with a/c on...

i then took it off cleaned it ( already looked pretty clean) put it back on.. no difference..

Reason why i think it may be faulty is, when i have a/c on it doesnt idle very well and after reving the car when its dropping back to idle it nearly stalls (its manual btw)

it also doesnt idle very well on startup.. for the first 15 seconds or so though...

any ideas? cheers!

infusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Just replace it with a different ISC.

If it still does the same thing, your ECU might have a crook Idle circuit.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

and its not un common.^^^

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
89 S-PACK

try swapping the map sensor too, the one on the firewall.

i was having the same issue and i swapped mine just for the hell of it and it rectified the problem straight away. mine idled on petrol like ****. but on lpg it wouldnt idle at all. but now it idles like a dream and starts first kick now aswell. and im no longer blowing massive amounts of petrol smoke anymore on cold start

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

my car does this too, especially when i disconnect the battery and re connect it, takes a few days for the ECU to re learn the idle and in the mean time idles like ShI T
Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
poomba
xc - my other love

first try this:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=80624

otherwise, you can diagnose both the map and idle circut through the diagnosis port. all you will need is an LED or test light.

code: 126 and 129 = MAP malfunction
code: 411 and 412 = base idle irregularity
code: 172 and 123 = o2 sensor

if you need to know how to diagnose, i can make a tutorial, but it is lengthy. my seggestion would be to buy a gregoreys manual. it's all in there. worth every cent.

apparently pretty fast - 400rwkw BF xr6t!

FG F6 bottom end - GTX3582 - Nizpro 4" exhaust - Nizpro cooler - plazmaman intake - piping - plenum - batt relocation - injectors - surge &044 pump - valve work & valve springs - XCAL
poomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post