Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Damn Cats :(

At around 5am this morning I was heading home from a LAN, along a nice stretch of highway (80k/hr zone).

I'm sitting on 80k/hr in the left lane, and I notice a cat in the right hand lane that had literally come from nowhere. Now, instead of doing something smart like waiting for me to pass, or heading towards the island in the centre of the road (two lanes each way with a couple of meters of island between), it absolutely BOLTS into the left hand lane (I don't think I have EVER seen an animal move so damn fast). Before I even have a chance to react, I hear "thud" on the bumper and felt something also hit my drivers side rear wheel.

Having the C2R/Havoc kit on my car, its put a fair crack near the driver's side foglamp and scratched it a little bit. I'm not happy. You might remember my previous post about scraping the underside of the kit parking against a gutter, I'm thinking now when I get some money together I'll get the scrape fixed as well as this cat-induced injury to my pride & joy. Unfortunately I don't have a permanent job, I just do temp/contract type jobs for an agency, and I'm out of work at the moment.

I'll see if I can get some photos up tomorrow, I guess its not really that bad - it could have been worse (kangaroo/cow/moose/ex girlfriend etc) that I hit, I guess I'm lucky it was only a small cat. Let's just say that to the people who know what they're doing repairing these kits, It'll probably just buff out! Also, I don't know the way the airbags work, but I was doing 80 when I hit so its probably a good thing it didn't hit a sensor!

Anyway, that's my slight rant for the night. Hopefully it won't cost me too much to get it back to the way it was!

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Hopefully it won't cost me too much to get it back to the way it was!
I collected someone else's roadkill (roo) with my Brumby bar at around 120kph. I'd pulled out to overtake a truck and had nowhere to go other than over it. It cracked the bar right through. Unfortunately we were heading away from home at the time but a stopover at Supercheap and a roll of racing tape and we were underway again.

Not sure what colour your car is but you may get a close enough match that it won't bother you for a while.

(edit: oh, I see it's red... it was red tape that we bought. Not close to the maroon I've got but much closer to your colour)

Had mine repaired when I got home. A brilliant job! Can't tell from the front that it's been patched.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was in the truck and idicated to go in to the right lane coz someone lost a queen size bed in the left lane ( fat materiss type with heeps of small feet ) the guy in the right ( enough behind me atleast 2 car lengths ) didnt like me commin ova so he planted it and came up me left then saw the materiss but to late to do anything , the late moment statsmen mounted the upside down materiss and ended up airbourn
even thou it was a holden - felt sorry for the car coz it was put throu that

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Here's the pics of the damage to the car.

Sorry, no pics of the damage to the cat.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 22-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ouch. I took some paint off my front bar and bent up my mesh and numberplate holder after collecting a cat a while ago. I then had someone tell me they had every right to let them out at night. I simply said, thats a good way of keeping there numbers down, you let them out, Ill collect them in my car. She wont talk to me now.
Old 22-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

i hate cats. this one cat that belongs to our neighbours always sits on my car, scratched the roof, craps in our yard, and tries to get my pet rabbits. oh well hahah
Old 22-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

Insurance????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Soundwarp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Last time I had an encounter with a cat ... I was in the Territory and it decided to bolt across the road ... ended up under the rear wheel.

I guess you are lucky it wasn't a wallaby ... like I encountered on Putty road a few months back ... thank god for nudge bar and strong driving lights ... that's all I can say.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i hate cats. this one cat that belongs to our neighbours always sits on my car, scratched the roof, craps in our yard, and tries to get my pet rabbits. oh well hahah
yea the only good cat is a dead cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Ouch. I took some paint off my front bar and bent up my mesh and numberplate holder after collecting a cat a while ago. I then had someone tell me they had every right to let them out at night. I simply said, thats a good way of keeping there numbers down, you let them out, Ill collect them in my car. She wont talk to me now.
actuactally they don't have the right to let them out. and if the animal is microchipped as they are required to be by law now you can take the body to the council and ID the owner who is then responsible for the damage caused to your car. if you catch the cat that is causing you greif you can hand it over to the animal shelter to be impounded the owner then gets fined for not keeping their animal in if it is chipped, if it is not chiped it will never cause you dramas again. Yes i too hate cats they kill native animals and scratch out cars, mayby there should be a bounty on cats
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

If cats sit on your car, put pepper all over it.
Wash it off after a week, and you wont have cats on it again.
Old 22-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #11
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Grinspoon got it right - dead cat 3x
Old 22-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
DOHC-DJ

damn cats... hate em

hope you get it sorted out
DOHC-DJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hit one on the way to the car show at cleveland. he ran under the centre of the car, it got clipped by the front crossmember but he ran away so I couldnt see if it was ok, but the joys of having a standard height car :P:P

no damage to mine however. I have also collected a small bag of concrete, I mean, wallaby, it did the same thing hopped away, no damage either LOL.

good luck with the repairs.

PS are you doing labour hire stuff (manpower workpac etc)?

sucks!

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We got a dog stuck up in our tailshaft once. We had to help the owners family lift the car up on the side of the road to scrape the remains out. Poor poochie...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #16
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
If cats sit on your car, put pepper all over it.
Wash it off after a week, and you wont have cats on it again.
Or you buy some rat sack and cat food, mix it together. This solves the problem and saves some native birds at the same time.

You should have tried to find a tag on the cat so you could call the owners and see if they were willing to pay for the damage. :evil3:
I doubt they would understand
Old 23-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
AUTickford
XD197

Haha thats a great pic ghia5l,****in cats are oxygen thiefs and deserve every thing they get[MEOWWWWWWWsplatthumpthump]
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #18
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just a bit of a laugh here the revenge of car owners http://www.gnn.tv/threads/8239/Inven...with_dead_cats

feeling hungry ?? try KFK
http://www.foldedspace.org/weblog/2006/02/post.html
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #19
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
I simply said, thats a good way of keeping there numbers down, you let them out, Ill collect them in my car. She wont talk to me now.
That's a classic, I laughed

Quote:
I hit one on the way to the car show at cleveland. he ran under the centre of the car, it got clipped by the front crossmember but he ran away so I couldnt see if it was ok, but the joys of having a standard height car
As far as I know, my car is standard height, its just that the non-standard bumper bar hangs lower than what the normal bumper does. I think if I had a bog standard bumper it probably would have hit the same part of my car, and may even still be alive.

Quote:
Insurance????
I've got fully comprehensive with a $300 excess, so if repairs are going to cost too much more than $300 I will most likely claim.

Quote:
PS are you doing labour hire stuff (manpower workpac etc)?
Yeah, I do various office/admin type roles through Challenge. Been a bit quiet the last few weeks though unfortunately :(

Quote:
You should have tried to find a tag on the cat so you could call the owners and see if they were willing to pay for the damage.
Now I'm tempted to go for a little slow drive along that stretch with a garbage bag and see if the corpse is still around on the side of the road...

Many laughs @ Mechanic Kittah and the two links from au3xr6
Quote:
Old 23-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #20
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
You should have tried to find a tag on the cat so you could call the owners and see if they were willing to pay for the damage. :evil3:
I doubt they would understand
LOL that reminds me of Seinfeld where George has a jumper land on his car, and he contacts the jumper's family to get an insurance payout
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #21
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Now I'm tempted to go for a little slow drive along that stretch with a garbage bag and see if the corpse is still around on the side of the road...
If it was any other animal, dog, cow, sheep, goat?? you probably could get some money. Owners should keep there animals under control, cat owners think cats are somehow superior.