Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Crash Lander

Default New Exhaust syetem

just got a new zorst system on my S1 AU I6.

Got quoted $240 for a standard system from thje cat back, and $300 for a 'sports system' from the cat back. The sports one being a 2.5" mandrel bent system.
Figured for the extra $60 bucks I may as well go the sports.
It's not a brand I've heard of, but I guess it doesn't make a hole shite load of difference in a daily driver with zero other mods.
The brand is Power Sound, if anyone knows anything about them.
Um, it's black, has 1 less muffler than the old system. Not much else to say about it I guess. lol
The first thing I noticed when he started it up after fitting, was it now has a rather nice note. (Nice to me anyway. Never done anything even slightly sporty with any of my cars, so I'm a happy cvamper right now.)
It does get a bit of a drone at cruise, but it's not so much that I won't get used to it.
The guy said that 'they say' you get up to 10% more power, and better fuel economy. The economy side is not so much a big deal for me anyway, as work buys my fuel, and I get over 700km to every tank as it is now anyway, so any more is a bonus, and any less is still pretty good anyway.

So, how did I do? Good price? Average price? I got ripped?

The next 'mod' is a tip, as the black, round pipe out the back now looks naff, but it needs brakes all round first, and then tyres, so 'naff' it is for a while longer yet.
Regards,
Chris

Last edited by Crash Lander; 09-01-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Crash Lander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Thats sounds like a pretty reasonable price, alot of places vary but i think you will find thats a common price. I paid roughly $300 for my previous cat back sports exhaust on my e-series, defiantly a great beginers mod giving that nice exhaust note and bit of a kick in power.
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
Crash Lander

Haven't noticed any power gain as yet, but I guess that miught change as it burns in? Dunno. Maybe I'll notice it on the open road more.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
amisupposed2b

10% more power...

Sorry mate, but I dont think so.

Still a fair buy.
amisupposed2b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Crash Lander

Figured that was a load of hooie. Everything "they say" generally tends to be.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Lander
Figured that was a load of hooie. Everything "they say" generally tends to be.
"They say" up to 10% power increase usually. With cats back only, though, the engine will breathe better, but not 17kw worth - maybe around 5 kw at the wheels could reasonably be expected. If you add extractors, and a 2.5 or 3" cat, then the 10% figure for the whole exhaust system is about right.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post