Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Default How do I remove the clock AU2 XR6

Hi
I need to replace the bulb in my AUII XR6. How do I remove the clock and what type of LED does it take (T4, T5)

Thanks
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: How do I remove the clock AU2 XR6

Is it the analogue clock? If so, just remove the bezel surrounding it and there is a single screw underneath. Can't help with the globe type.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Thanks Russell, no its a digital think I have to take out the head unit
Old 18-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Can't remember where the digital one is mounted in an AUII but if it's integrated into the audio unit then the LED will probably require some soldering to replace.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

It's in the centre of the dash above the air vents
Old 18-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Yeah it's apart of the teardrop russel.

Remove the head unit (stock you can get away with either some custom tool for it, or use some length's of coathanger.) Aftermarket one's vary.

after you remove the stereo, there's 2 screws inside the gap where the stereo was (one left one right) remove those. then remove the ash tray. there's another 2 screws right in the back (in each corner) of it. after you remove the screws gently pry the panel from the dash. (it has clips holding it to the dash up the top.) if after about 1-2cm of it coming off it doesnt want to, it's the rod for the heater control. if you have small enough hands, reach in through the stereo cavity and disconnect it. DO NOT DO WHAT I DID AND PULL HARDER! (that's how i broke mine. live and learn.)

it's a bit of a pain to try and get the teardrop part off, if you have a small phillips head screwdriver (eg: stubby one) you might be able to get it in the top without pulling the whole thing off. there's a screw on the left and right side facing towards the back seat.

for lighting, it's the same light as your odometer controls, so T4.

just take your time, if it doesnt want to give, just check for plugs/wires/screws/etc.
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #7
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Attached a photo. (isnt the greatest one in the world, but hopefully better then nothing.)

4 red 'circles' are the locations of the screws that'll hold the teardrop in place, the 2 green ones are where the clock screws are (but on the other side)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panel remove and clock screws.jpg (102.5 KB, 41 views)
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #8
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Thanks heaps, I just put led in the cluster, not a big fan, ill get the factory bulbs and do clock tomorrow. Appreciate the help

Craig
Old 18-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #9
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

As long as you don't get them from ford, should be good. (Iirc they charge $20 or something)

Downside of led in the clock is directional lighting. Widespread leds would suit better (maybe smd?)

Old 18-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #10
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Yeah, I just replaced LCD screen with LED not a fan, think I'll just get normal globes from Autobarn or Supercheap and do them again, the LED leaves dark spots
Old 18-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #11
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

I see you have an FG Fuel Pressure Reg on a Futura, I'm putting a new FOR next week (running rich) does the F6 reg give better performance and economy and can it just bolt on to a VCT AUII without any other mods?

Craig
Old 18-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Sorry I mean an F6 reg
Old 19-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #13
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Not sure, mate of mine had it for his EF motor. As for economy I've never really tested it (had a fair few dramas with that car) but it should be a direct swap. Only difference is the pressure. F6 is 4.0bar whereas the stock AU is 2.2bar. I also upgraded the fuel injectors to beefier ones from an au3 vct motor.

Old 19-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #14
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

AUII XR6 VCT I understand has 3.0 bar and FPR is not able to be taken off the rail, I'm just going to replace the reg, rail and injectors also put on a 68mm throttle bod
Old 20-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #15
madas

Damn, I wish I saw this post on Saturday. Tried that little bit too hard after removing all the screws but didn’t know about the heater control rod. Plastic just shattered inside the heater controls so doesn’t sit snuggly anymore. Off to the wreckers during the week to see if I can find a heater control unit. The fascia survived ok but lesson learnt
madas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #16
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Yep, Sounds Like A Pain, If I Have Time This Weekend I'm Going To Give It A Crack, Have You Had prices on the tear drop panel yet?
Old 22-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #17
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

I've been trying to find an AU series 1 in black for what feels like an eternity. I swear that it was never made.

for a S2 tear drop, probably around $50? thats roughly what it was when i was looking for a picture to use.

Old 22-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #18
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Got one $66 au2, going to take out clock this weekend so now I have a spare tear drop if I get impatient