Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Default Help needed after crash on Princess HWY"

I know you have your reasons for Locking the Thread, even though its not liek the noble maccas, but i have alot of issues i need to address to, and faithfully part of the club, i'd like to ask questions about my car and how i go about it. As I was nearly killed last night at another persons fault, adleast give me some appreciation or respect,
thanks
-Ash

3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

it wasnt due to what happened to you that the thread was locked...it was because it was going down the 5H|T chute due to the commodore driver bashing....
fair enough, it was a low life scum sucking maggot that caused you to crash and write off you car, but its not needed in the thread for it to all go down the same route.

ive taken the liberty to quote your other post, for others to see, so you can continue this thread with questions....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
Ok guys, Havn't had chance to come on the net but im here now, and it was me, Worst night of my life as this car was my pride and joy, I spent hours on it like all of us have on our cars.
was coming down princess hwy round that bend as a HOLDEN Vr (white) cut straight in front of me, as though there were trying to be stupid, so i had to swerve and lost it in the wet, my car took out the Traffic Light totally and then hit the barrier, spun out after that in the 360 and ended up under the bridge.....
yes the car is totalled I'd say, but i need some people to see if its a gonner, Luckly Me and my friend were ok, just shaken up, and still are.
Im stripping it, and selling parts (but still keeping Wheels) (I think is the best option:S), so if anybody needs parts to buy, im more than happy to give it at a really cheap price as im kind left in the dark now and don't konw what to do with the car.
Are you able to get the E-series stickers off the car and onto another one? If not, is anybody able to donate a pair like I have, I don't mean to be stingy or anything but my car has had its day...
ok, lets keep the commodore bashing out of this thread.....it is for Hybrid to post questions and get solid answers
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
UNEZED
CLUB STOCKIE

Hey ash bro sorry to hear what happned to ya car mate, we went past the other night in eb_lightnings car when it happned didnt look good at all but didnt relise it was you until we got past
96 EL XR8 - SLMDXR R.I.P - 2 defects
09 FG XR8 - Current Daily - 1 Defect
96 EF Fairmont - Getting there
UNEZED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Thanks heaps MADNC_8, grealty appreciated, I just want to know as i am gettin another ED, if anyone can help me put on my shocks and springs (of course for a slab of beer) and maby installing my amp if i can't do it, the other thing is i don't know what to do with my car, as wreckers only give $100 or so, is there a link or somthing I can put up to sell the parts off it, as the engine is in perfect condtion along with alot of other things,
I know people are going to read this thread and some think nohting of it,as it hasn't affected them personally or even know me (as im knew), but Im kind of alone in the dark, not knowing where to go or what to do, as I've just started uni last week and only had my car a month, hence why i've turned to the club for some help.
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The other thread won't be opened and MADNC_8 covered the reasons why.

Lets keep this one constructive and help Hybrid34 out.

Ash, all the parts you want to sell can be listed in the For Sale section of AFF. Make sure you read the listing rules so you get the title and details right. Threads without the right info are deleted. Pics pics pics. Post pics in the for sale thread. Threads with pics are always more sucessful.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
Steady ED
Banned

Decide what you want to keep off it, then put up a thread in For Sale that you are wrecking the car, do a quick list of the major pieces, and wait for the vultures to pick at it ;)
I wrote off my ED a while back as well.
Was insured, but for what they are worth now a days, full comp is a waste, I didn't even claim it.
I wrecked it out, sold a few bits, helped out some mates with parts, swapped some onto the new ED, and kept alot as spares.
Good luck with it mate.
Steady ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Did the other driver stop or was a rego number taken? I wish Hybrid 34 all the best.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Yeah Im going to keep alot of spares, but the car is bascally brand new condtion, like the front grill, bonnet, even little things like I just put a brand new windscreen in it about 1month ago. But When im a little less shaken up by everything and have a bit of time i'll write that list up, thanks
- Ash
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 05-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

No car did not stop, nor rego take as i was trying to keep the car control, refer to the "Crash on princes hwy" for a run down of what happend and pics, but lets not talk about what happened as such, as this thread is to tryyyyy and help me out , with ofcourse exception...cheers
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #11
holmsy
Banned

go in the part for sale section. and start a thread listing everything for sale or just say you have a whole car minus a few things and people will ask for what ever they need that you might have.

edit: damn people post to quick.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #12
XRated
Shoot.

The main thing is that no one was hurt or worse.

I have some stickers that haven't been used that I can send to you... I'll have a look for them and let you know when I find them.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #13
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

thanks guys, and xrated, I still want to be proud and represent the club, but need the stickers, I know $12 or so isn't much, but when you write off a car and have to buy a new one plus other things such as a $400 tow!! and replacing things, it alllll ads up. but anyway i came out with not even a sctrach, thanks to my Ford, 'Built Ford tough'
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #14
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Title changed at Ash's request to better reflect threads content.

Good luck with it all Hybrid34, Hope you can find another ED as clean as yours looked.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 AM   #15
Maximus
ED XR6

Dont think that there is no one out there that doesn't feel your pain. I had a mate write off my EB last April, I'm still not over it.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #16
LTDHO
The one and only

Although not posative advice now but you know insurance would have prevented all this financial loss? Also as a heads up, if you damaged a light post (including signal) or sign then expect a bill for this from RTA/Vic roads.

Good luck mate.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #17
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sorry to hear this mate. I'm really annoyed at the other driver for not stopping. You shouldnt have swerved and let him hit you, at least that way his car gets damaged too! !!!!

Best of luck with finding a new car and selling the bits of yours.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #18
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

wow, yeah i took out a traffic light out of the ground, so this will mean i'll get a bill?Hmmm the police didn't mention anything about it, and how could i get charged for the traffic light when it wasn't my fault?
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #19
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
wow, yeah i took out a traffic light out of the ground, so this will mean i'll get a bill?Hmmm the police didn't mention anything about it, and how could i get charged for the traffic light when it wasn't my fault?
Did the comodore hit you?

If not, then it's your fault. Drivers are responsible for all their action, even when avoiding accidents! Most peaple assume they can handball responsibility to someone else.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #20
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Did the comodore hit you?

If not, then it's your fault. Drivers are responsible for all their action, even when avoiding accidents! Most peaple assume they can handball responsibility to someone else.
Correct, it is better to hit the other car then avoid it, if you had hit them then they can be charged with leaving a scene of accident etc, and they would be possibly be paying for the damage, I know from experience.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #21
Dezza
Parts bin special

Sorry to hear about the accident (and see the pics in the other thread). It sucks that the Commodore driver got away without even a fine for his actions. I know how bad it feels to see your pride and joy looking worse for wear. I still need to fix the front of my car up after a fairly recent prang.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #22
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

about your other car. i would keep it if the wreakers are only going to give a 100 for it!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #23
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
without being rude, you were the only car involved unless you could get the rego or a confession from the other car, you hit the pole, cops hear all the time about excuses that a cat ran out or somebody cut them off etc etc in 1 car accidents, most people have to much pride to admit they made a mistake, they look for another cause (not saying that's what you have done)

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #24
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

yeah i know what you mean, but what happend was the truth, the cops said nothiing will happen to me, ei; no license lost, fines or anythng, as for the traffic light:S? well he didn't mention it at all. so its 100% that it will be a fine?
Another question, whats the difference between an XR6 ED tickford and a ED falcon???
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #25
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
most people have to much pride to admit they made a mistake, they look for another cause (not saying that's what you have done)
It's not pride mate, it's gutless. People don't have the guts to admit fault and always blame others.

Quote:
yeah i know what you mean, but what happend was the truth, the cops said nothiing will happen to me, ei; no license lost, fines or anythng, as for the traffic light:S? well he didn't mention it at all. so its 100% that it will be a fine?
You will not get a fine for the pole, you will get a bill.

Quote:
Another question, whats the difference between an XR6 ED tickford and a ED falcon???
Alot - suspension, wheels, interior, headlights, etc.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #26
barthez

sorry to tell you mate but expect a hefty bill for the pole...i hit an old telegraph pole which was about to be replaced a while back and split it..they electrical company assessed it and i got a bill for it...well in excess of a couple of grand if i remember correctly
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #27
Tiga_EL
Banned

Damn thats a nasty stack.. im about 97% sure its a write off.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #28
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

did the driver that cut you off stop and assist?
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #29
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
did the driver that cut you off stop and assist?
It's safe to say he didn't!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #30
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

ahh a couple of grand for the pole? is it 100% i'll get that bill, cause nohting was recorded down, unless the police tell the RTA, or somthing, so theres no way for not paying it???
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors