Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Question Changing globes behind the Centre Finish Panel (CFP) ?

Good morning guys , Has anyone had to change their globes behind the CFP or Clock on the AUII XR's ?.

Main reason i ask is because i want to change the globes behind it to led's today. I was wondering if it is possible to pull the CFP back enough to change globes without having to completely take it off ?

I was hoping i can just remove the ashtray and radio , then remove the 4 screws then pull it back enough to change globes without popping hoses off the 8 port vacuum connector ! ? is this possible or will the whole thing have to be disconnected as shown here in Russells document here -> http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...warticle&id=37

Any info would be greatly appreciated , cheers .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I recently removed my Centre Dash Fascia to replace the Printed Circuit board for the A/C controls. I found that you can get behind the panel and undo the screws holding it to the fascia with a stubby Phillips driver. I did this and I have pork sausage fingers? So I would say anyone that has normal to slender fingers would have no issues at all

I did it fairly quick and found it only a little annoying Hope that helps.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I recently removed my Centre Dash Fascia to replace the Printed Circuit board for the A/C controls. I found that you can get behind the panel and undo the screws holding it to the fascia with a stubby Phillips driver. I did this and I have pork sausage fingers? So I would say anyone that has normal to slender fingers would have no issues at all

I did it fairly quick and found it only a little annoying Hope that helps.
Very helpfull ;) , ty ..

I was just at the stage now where i have removed the radio and 4 screws & was prying the front facia off carefully, i nearlly have it off but i just wanted to make sure something wasn't gooing to go crack/snap , as i could see that circuit board you was on about moving with the facia , thanks again

Old 15-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

All done , I ended up needing to remove the CFP totally to get to the light globes , wasn't that hard in the end anyway to do it , only took 10 mins to remove it totally .

I changed all of the bulbs behind the CFP to blue led's including a blue led for the clock to match my lcd on my cluster. I also had to add an extra light/led behind the CFP to light the icons up around the dials evenly, the left side was originally dull due to the bad positioning of the lights on the rear of the CFP and due to the led's only having a small light output angle , fine with the extra led though .

So all up now i have changed the interior lights, the dash lights , the t-bar light , the clock light , the odometer/dte lights, the electric window switch lights and all off the lights lighting up the CFP.. all changed to blue led's ..

All thats about left to do now is the lights inside the headunit/stereo for the buttons and the lcd on it , and the small light next to where you put the key in the ignition .

lol , i think i actually had more drama and spent more time getting the headunit out compared to doing the rest ! , friggin things are like they are glued in ! - tight fit ! .

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 15-06-2006 at 06:26 PM.