Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Default 60 Year collection up for sale

Sunday 11th March there is a sale of a Deceased Estate in Wilmington SA. This is a 60 year collection of Vintage Ford parts including, Engines, Gearboxes, Diffs, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels,etc. Collector Tools, Signs, Tins, Memoribillia, Thousands of parts some NOS. The sale starts at 8:00am.

KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

Pretty stupid having this opposite Adelaide All Ford Day, huh?
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you say "opposite" do you mean accross the street? or that it's on the same day?? There is always a big swap meet the day before the Sydney All Ford Day.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
When you say "opposite" do you mean accross the street? or that it's on the same day?? There is always a big swap meet the day before the Sydney All Ford Day.
The Adelaide All Ford Day is on the same day.
BBB
Old 09-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked67
Sunday 11th March there is a sale of a Deceased Estate in Wilmington SA. This is a 60 year collection of Vintage Ford parts including, Engines, Gearboxes, Diffs, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels,etc. Collector Tools, Signs, Tins, Memoribillia, Thousands of parts some NOS. The sale starts at 8:00am.
Is there a catalogue or list of whats up for grabs posted anywhere ?
BBB
Old 09-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
KBBossedXR

I only found out the AFD was on tuesday and we have the final round of the Tri Series drags in Whyalla on Sunday aswell, i am going to shoot over to Wilmington in the morning then get back in time for the drags for the 11:00am start.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
I only found out the AFD was on tuesday and we have the final round of the Tri Series drags in Whyalla on Sunday aswell, i am going to shoot over to Wilmington in the morning then get back in time for the drags for the 11:00am start.
Whats the address in Wilmington and is there a list of whats available ?
BBB
Old 09-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Stroked67, can you please mention the auction company or post a link so we can have a squiz??? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
KBBossedXR

There is no link and i am sure its a private sale, the items i have already stated above and as i said it is a 60 year collection so i imagine there is going to be **** loads of gear, i am going to have a look for early falcon parts (67) but i think its even earlier than that, i am still going anyway as you just dont know what you might find in these little country towns. As for address its in Wilmington not a very big place the population will be increased quite a bit that day so i imagine there will be signs put up so follow them the crowd and most of all follow all the Fords that will be up there.

PSont forget to have a good fang thru Horrocks pass and Pt Germain Gorge on your way it breaks up the bordom of that highway.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
hankscorpio

I spoke to the people organising the sale and apparently most of the stuff is pre 1960 - ie Customline, Mainline etc and older - very little if any Falcon stuff apparently
hankscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
hankscorpio

Quote:
Hey sorry to go off topic here but I notice you own an XR GT - I've been looking for an XR GT for a while and was just wondering if you know of any that might be for sale? (apart from the two or three mega dollar restored ones currently being advertised)

Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #12
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscorpio
I spoke to the people organising the sale and apparently most of the stuff is pre 1960 - ie Customline, Mainline etc and older - very little if any Falcon stuff apparently
So I won't be missing out on any NOS parts for my "ultra-modern" GXL then.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

A bit odd having having such an Auction for collectables/mechanicals etc with no real exposure or professional Auctioneer running and publicising it...

Mind you, stroked67 and other locals won't be complaining I'm sure!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #14
KBBossedXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscorpio
Hey sorry to go off topic here but I notice you own an XR GT - I've been looking for an XR GT for a while and was just wondering if you know of any that might be for sale? (apart from the two or three mega dollar restored ones currently being advertised)

Thanks,
Paul
Sorry mate cant help you, dont give up looking search the small country towns there out there. I knew of my car a good 16yrs ago and i only bought it last year. it needs a full resto and doesnt have the original drive line but the price was right. Just before the owner at the time finally sold it to me i found tucked away on the West Coast a Reef Green XW 2 owner 60,000mile total original guy sold it for $35,000 and he didnt advertise it. I prefer the XR thank god he sold me it in the end.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
hankscorpio

Quote:
Sorry mate cant help you, dont give up looking search the small country towns there out there. I knew of my car a good 16yrs ago and i only bought it last year. it needs a full resto and doesnt have the original drive line but the price was right. Just before the owner at the time finally sold it to me i found tucked away on the West Coast a Reef Green XW 2 owner 60,000mile total original guy sold it for $35,000 and he didnt advertise it. I prefer the XR thank god he sold me it in the end.

Thanks for the country town suggestion - I'm also considering offering a cash reward for info which leads to me buying one. Must have been tempting to grab that XW - I've seen a couple XT GT's which would be ok but I'd really prefer an XR so I'll keep focused on finding one...

Cheers,
Paul