Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Unhappy With Regret I announce that the EF is no longer mine

Hey Guys,

:( The title of the thread is no lie. About 2 hours ago, my EF was bought off me for a little less than my asking price.

Catch (for the buyer) was that he bought it without a RWC and my trademark 17" ELGT wheels. The car will be handed over to him with 15" steelies....

I feel like shit, God I loved that car and put so much into it, no longer can I drive past a shiny shop window just so I can see the reflection of the EF and feel proud of what I've acheived in the time i've had it.
For a car I wanted gone so bad, i've now hit rock bottom that the time has come and its about to leave my garage forever...

Its been a great and Unique car, had a few dramas but I've loved driving it, and turning heads in it. Everyone always had a good comment for it. I reckon i'll cry like a baby when its gone...

I need some help as well. This bloke wants the car ASAP, so I need to find some 15" steelies to put in place of the GT's (Which are now officially for sale). Please does anyone have any steelies that we could swap over tonight, tomorrow, next few days??? I really need to find some so I can get this over and done with. Please guys, Hope you can help me out quick!

I worked my **** to the bone and made a stock futura into my dream car... Now its somebody elses. I doubt too whether its new owner will join the forums either.... For now I'm afraid, it's Game over :

-Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
AdzT3-146
own the road

sad to hear about that danny, sad to see it go, one of the finest EF/EL i have seen.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Dez
Banned

damn.........speechless
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

That's a shame. :(

What are gunna get to replace it ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

If you ever decide to sell the ELGT rims, I want first dibs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
EFFalcon
Last warning

OMG!
thats just so wrong!
i hope there is a worth replacement...

i'm speechless...
it'll look weird with stockies!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
he already said they are for sale.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
he is selling them
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #9
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

OK cool.
What do u want for em!!!
What condition are they in?
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 02-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #10
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
That's a shame. :(

What are gunna get to replace it ?

Your car looked tops, must be sad to see it go, and yeah what is the replacement gonna be?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Dez
Banned

Quote:
OK cool.
What do u want for em!!!
What condition are they in?
danny gave me a price about 10 minutes ago, but i wont say what it was, just in-case it differs from what he advertises.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #12
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Hurry up & advertise it lol.....
Quote:
Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

I've replied to SVO's PM

Guys i reckon I'll be getting a 2000 N15 Pulsar SSS 2.0l but not 100% on that at the moment.

either that or a 2004 model Q, or a corolla Levin. Not sure, but nothings gonna replace that falcon...
Old 02-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sucks to see it go Dan. I hate getting rid of cars that I like :(

If your desperate you can have my 14 inch stockers as long as they are replaced. Have to put the GT's on mine till they are replaced though. I dont drive during the week so they should be safe.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:49 PM   #15
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Danny!!! How can you bring yourself to sell her!

You know it's been written in ancient texts that it's forbidden to sell a car of such beauty! :

But she was very inspirational to myself, I must say! An incredible machine!

Just make sure you replace her with something as worthy. ;)
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:53 PM   #16
neb
hibernating

damn you've finally sold it... such a nice car sad to see it going!!
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #17
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Yeap thats a shame, I know what its like to lose (sell) your first car that you put alot of cash and work into.

May I ask why a SSS? Whats your budget? Are you just after a small but relatively spirited car? I dont know if its just the water in geelong, but there are alot of done up old pulsars around; even two ricey ones with flames..lol

If someone came up to me right now and offered me half decent price for my car now Id sell it. Nothing wrong but if I knew that 205 Gti's were so cheap before I brought this one then Id have one now. Great bang for your buck while still being good with fuel and handles better than most new cars and it 16 odd years old!

Not to mention that its a classic.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 02-04-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #18
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

Dude.......that sucks, its a shame to see such an awesome car part ways with its maker.....lol
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

2 EF's gone within 2 days, wow. Certainly was one of the best and cleanest looking examples ive seen in a long time, if only mine had have been that good : .
Can i tempt you into a Focus? Cos thatd be really freaky lol. Seriously though, they're good cars.
It is very true though, there is nothing like a Falcon and i will miss mine once its gone (only a matter of days now, started cleaning it out tonight). What i wont miss (and this is what made the decision for me, along with the EF's age), is having to fill the bloody thing up every 2nd day.

Best of luck with the new car, im sure itll end up looking great as you obviously have really good taste in mods.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #20
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with your new car mate. Still going to come on our cruises? Because you are most welcome!!

Sad to see it go
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #21
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Thats sad to hear mate. I guess it was something that you thought long and hard about and wouldnt have come to the decision lightly. I hope it all goes well and that the new owner treats the car exactly the way you did.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #22
InitialD
Low and Loud

Wow Danny, Thats sad to hear, Such a nice looking Car aswell

Hope you find the car your looking for

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #23
Sundeep
Banned

Suck to be you bro! I feel your pain, I parted with my 'first' car last November and it's all rushing back reading through your post.

I'm guessing the main reason you sold it is because going to your Uni and back everyday was costing you shitloads in petrol, and also because all those kays made it hard to take care of? Well if that's the reason I say it's going to be the same with a semi-new Corolla or Pulsar. They'll be hard to keep clean and shiny, and will be stone chipped in no time as well.

So, my point being, I reckon you should get a EF GLi on dual fuel. You can pick something with ~200,000-250,000km up for between $3500 and $5000 in pretty good nick if you look hard enough. You'll probably be able to flog it off for what you bought it for after you finish your studies, and get back in to a better Falcon again.

Anyways, best of luck with what you get next and be sure to stick around!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Yeah nah Finacial Trouble had nothing to do with the sale. As most of you know I go to uni in geelong, and with the car immaculate like it was, the drives were causing stonechips and unnecessary wear and i hated to see that. It can also become quite a chore when you're spending 100+ on fuel a week..... Also with near 220,000 on the clock, she wasnt getting any younger and i had to get rid of her while she was still worth something.....

I must now get a new car, something with under 70,000 kays and built after 2000. Thems the orders, i hope i can find something cool. I'm pretty sure that a 2 litre Pulsar SSS is the best value. Power everything, sports interior, 4 wheel discs, airbags, abs etc. If not that i would be looking at fiestas, focuses, corollas, even suzuki swifts all new ones. See how we go.

I will still most likely come on cruises now and then so dont worry about that. The friendships ive made from the e series woners clucb extend far beyond what car I drive so youre not getting rid of me that easily!

I also forgot to mention, I am willing to pay for the steelies. I just need something quickly thats in fairly good condition!

cheers
-Dan
Old 03-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #25
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That sucks mate.

I've got two steelies, but they were black ones I painted silver. Tread isn't that good. Come to think of it I bent one of them swapping the tyres over.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 AM   #26
Yagz
Banned

Good luck with finding the steelies mate.. Hope the sale goes well..

I'd be up for the wheels, but i'm in financial ruin atm, as i'm gunna change my clutch instead..

Sad to see it go, mate..
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #27
Dez
Banned

danny, my brother has a set of those "turbo blades?" if thats what they're called, off the earlier E Series...ABD etc...

ill ask him today if he'd sell em, coz he might be keepin them for when he gets rid of his car (he has the 16" FTR on there atm).

ill see what i can do for ya, but are they ok, being off an older model?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #28
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

A sad day indeed :( But I guess you've gotta do what you've gotta do. All the best mate

Oh and I can't blame you for looking at the N15 SSS, I seriously considered one of those before I bought my old VS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #29
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz

I'd be up for the wheels, but i'm in financial ruin atm

Arrrg Arrrg Get away you seagulls Arrg
:
Quote:
Old 03-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #30
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Sorry to see the beast leave :( best of luck with whatever you do buy and hope to see you still attend meets. At least I wouldn't be the only non-Falcon.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post