Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Angry Location of new fixed speed cameras

Thought I'd start a post in which members can post info on new fixed road safety (cough [bulls#@t] cough) cameras. I'll get the ball rolling. There's a new one going up on the corner of Bell St and Plenty Rd in Melbourne (Preston). Red and speed jobbie.

charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

www.roadwatch.com.au
this will help out as well
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
Kenster

you could get one of those navgiation system which could tell you where the speed camera are as well like the navman and tomtom
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Well I'll be damned. The roadwatch site even listed the one I mentioned. It's still being setup.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

Be carefull with relying on nav for warnings.

I am running one(won't mention which) that tells you exactly where they(Qld so only red light cameras) are - only when you are along side them.

I guess you will know for the next time you pass that spot
:
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Great site freddy, thanks for that.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
Group C

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_wif_xf
road safety (cough [bulls#@t] cough) cameras.
EXACTLY!!

Can anyone answer this for stupid little me??
If a DIGITAL camera takes DIGITAL pictures,
or a HIGH SPEED camera takes HIGH SPEED pictures,
and a POLARIOD camera takes POLARIOD pictures...
does a SAFETY CAMERA take pictures of u being SAFE??...

If speeding is UNsafe (and I'm NOT saying it is safe...), then should they be called UNSAFE cameras??!!

I've also got a GPS unit, but mine gives a visual and audio warning of cameras (and some other stuff if wanted) from 200 metres away.
Good unit too, coz it's got a constant speed read-out, and it's proved that my BA's speedo is waaaaaay wrong, and found a few cameras I didn't know about.
Group C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #8
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddys
www.roadwatch.com.au
this will help out as well
are the speed cameras on the Geelong freeway(whatever they call it) speed averageing cameras or just for that spot.

there was talk of them being set up to time your journey, incase yo spedd in between the cameras? i dont follow the news anymore CBF with it.

cruise is going on soon so i will set it at 97 and go to sleep on the way to work, rather than watch the speedo instead of the road
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
gmhdriver
Banned

The ones on the Westgate freeway and Princes Hwy between Melb and Geelong are pretty easy to spot out, somebody has painted great big 'C' in each lane with yellow spray paint on the approach to each set of cameras. You'd have to be blind or stupid to get fined by one.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
are the speed cameras on the Geelong freeway(whatever they call it) speed averageing cameras or just for that spot.

there was talk of them being set up to time your journey, incase yo spedd in between the cameras? i dont follow the news anymore CBF with it.
There was some talk about it but I doubt that they would actually do this. In order to be fined a camera has to determine your exact speed. I just cannot see how your actual spot on speed can be determined by averaging time and distance. It would really only be guessing your speed. There would be way too many inconsistencies which would lead to another debacle, which the Vic government cannot afford to have happen again.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
There was some talk about it but I doubt that they would actually do this. In order to be fined a camera has to determine your exact speed. I just cannot see how your actual spot on speed can be determined by averaging time and distance. It would really only be guessing your speed. There would be way too many inconsistencies which would lead to another debacle, which the Vic government cannot afford to have happen again.
They do this in nsw with trucks,whats stopping them from doing it here with cars?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx

cruise is going on soon so i will set it at 97 and go to sleep on the way to work, rather than watch the speedo instead of the road
They are that particular spot cameras they are saying if you ran through all four camera's in one direction and was speeding you might aswell hand your licence over in Melbourne and catch the train home.
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #13
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
They do this in nsw with trucks,whats stopping them from doing it here with cars?
Those cameras enforce the driving hours regulations and help catch truck drivers who drive longer than permitted and falsify their logbooks. It has nothing to do with speeding.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #14
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
Those cameras enforce the driving hours regulations and help catch truck drivers who drive longer than permitted and falsify their logbooks. It has nothing to do with speeding.
So they're checking how many hours the truckies drive for,but not how many hours it takes them to get form point a to point b??? :
Surly they are for speeding aswell,if you get a truck sitting on 150 between the 2 points where the cameras are,without stopping,I think somone would work out that somthing is wrong with the picture.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #15
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Great stop for it but man the love revenue raising!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:04 AM   #16
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group C
EXACTLY!!

Can anyone answer this for stupid little me??
If a DIGITAL camera takes DIGITAL pictures,
or a HIGH SPEED camera takes HIGH SPEED pictures,
and a POLARIOD camera takes POLARIOD pictures...
does a SAFETY CAMERA take pictures of u being SAFE??...

If speeding is UNsafe (and I'm NOT saying it is safe...), then should they be called UNSAFE cameras??!!

I've also got a GPS unit, but mine gives a visual and audio warning of cameras (and some other stuff if wanted) from 200 metres away.
Good unit too, coz it's got a constant speed read-out, and it's proved that my BA's speedo is waaaaaay wrong, and found a few cameras I didn't know about.
what unit would that be ? u can pm me the answer if you wish
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post