Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Tassie trip...

Been back a bit over a week.

Finally got the car washed etc

Away for 9 days; travelled 5500kms; fuel 11.3 L/100.

Car went very well. No probs at all.

Happy enough with fuel consumption. It was loaded to the gunwales and given the speed on the Newell (heh) and the narrow winding roads in Tas 11.3 is a reasonable result.

I'd changed all filters + engine oil and diff oil prior to trip.

Fitted Maxxis MA-V1's prior to leaving. Had planned on MA-Z1's then read a thread about them being noisy (turns out they are not). The V1's are ok as far as it goes.
They are certainly not a performance tyre - they ran me out of road on a couple of tight corners in Tas and it was easier just to let them go rather than try to reign them in.
They are a quiet tyre and for average driving are quite ok.
I've got another set of 17" rims so I'll get some Z1's fitted up for comparison. Probably use the V1's around town and swap over to the Z1's for trips.

Anyhow, a couple of pics as proof

This one is about 20 minutes west of Launceston:-

This one is in Devonport. Was hoping to find a car wash but obviously not, lol.

ronwest is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its nice down in Tassie isn't it.

Newell hey, you have to watch for the police on that road, they target it pretty well. Your fuel consuption sounds good too, is your car V8 or I6, my ute is a six and i got 10.5 on the trip back from S.A and that was with the ute full, and the little bit quick i was going.

Nathan

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
Its nice down in Tassie isn't it.
Yes, it is but it's different in many ways to the mainland. It was cold but dry so we didn't suffer too much.

Quote:
Newell hey, you have to watch for the police on that road, they target it pretty well.
Got a uhf in the car. Listen in to the truckies channel - no probs.

However, driving out of Hobart (uhf off) on the way to Port Arthur on the Fri night I had my photo taken in a place called Sorrel. Just waiting for the pic to arrive, lol.

Quote:
Your fuel consuption sounds good too, is your car V8 or I6, my ute is a six and i got 10.5 on the trip back from S.A and that was with the ute full, and the little bit quick i was going.
My car is a six. I was happy enough with the fuel. I was up it on the way to Melb - had a boat to catch.
I worked out the fuel on the Tassie leg and it was around 15-16L/100kms. If you've been there you'll know that it's all ups and downs and corners so that was ok as well..
ronwest is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, uhf's help. Yeah, i know what tassies like corners and hills everywhere.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post