Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
ttttffff

Default Interior fan wont turn off

Help!!
Got home tonight, turned everything off, took the keys out of the ignition and the interior fan still goes full blow! ( Talking EBII 5.0 Fairmont Ghia)
Turn ignition back on, fan speed will comply with whatever speed you select on the control panal except for turning off. Done this numerous times. Even tried dis-connecting the battery but each time the power was hooked up the fan would start.
I tried pulling the relays where the fuses are but no go. I removed the glovebox and ended up pulling a plug which then stopped the fan. ( Theres a few plugs in behind there, this one only had 2 wires yellow/black)
I have one of those Ellery's manuals but when it comes to the electrics, I find it next to useless on somethings, this being one.

I am guessing (Hopefully) that maybe I have a sticky relay so where would I find the relay for the fan?
If it turned out not to be the relay, what would be the next thing to sus out.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Cheers-

T3 TS50 #25. Manual, Narooma Blue.
ttttffff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had that problem on my EA Ghia... Its the fan speed controller unit which is the silver thing bolted to aircon/heater ducting under the glove box... fairly common problem
Old 02-09-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
ttttffff

Thanks for the info, I'll track down another one.
T3 TS50 #25. Manual, Narooma Blue.
ttttffff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post