Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
Scott

Question Canberra's BEST Detailer/Polisher... Who is it?

After giving the GT a bit of attention this morning, it has become obvious that the big girl needs a real good polish.
I'm nervous about doing it myself (I have a phobia about touching black cars) and I had my last Pursuit (also black) polished by a guy who was supposed to be the ducks guts and the car looked a million bucks for about a week. Then I noticed heaps of swirls and extra polish as well as polish on some of the non-painted bits which never came good.
Also, after it's polish (only one it ever had @ 100,000k's) it seemed to explode with stone chip's every day, it only had 3 or 4 before hand.

For these reason's, I want to find a guy who is the best, I don't mind paying well if the results are what I'm after, any reccomendations?

Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Scott

No one?
Old 23-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Just bring it to brisbane and call me
Old 23-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Scott

I might just take you up on the offer!
Old 24-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
I might just take you up on the offer!
I haven't heard a bad word about INJEKT'D in Belconnen. You might want to give them a little bit of lead time on your detail though as I also hear they are very busy.

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Pursuit250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Maybe ask a panel beater/painter. They are paid to make the car look a million bucks after repairing it.... or just drive past a high school. With the amount of grease flowing off these teenagers, it should be shiny in no time.... lol!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Eclipse

Theres a guy next to Solartint in Belconnen, his name is Chris, he does stone chip and paint repairs and polishing, got him to do my ute a few months ago, oresome job, havent needed to wash it with a sponge since just pressure clean and the jobs done.
Dont have his number handy.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
ratman
krunch krunch hsv 4 lunch

Give Vince at Injektd a call or see kim at kim's behind him, they do share workloads when busy and both do superb work
ratman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post