Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-02-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Default The felons new ea.....

Well i have been wanting another manual ea since i sold my last one to Joel ( Swoop ) who i believe is fitting a blower ( lucky sod ), anyways i harrassed niko for a bit and we came to a deal with his Ea series 2 ( Ed 4litre and 5 speed manual ) which is the multicoloured one that has had a identity crisis and thinks its a ed... lol
anyways the car has got a lil rust which im in the middle of fixing now, in a few weeks im hoping it will be ready for a paint, shes copping xr6 purple, i have a few bits that will go on over the next few weeks too, chiptorque chip, wade cam, 100hp shot of nitrous, 24lb injectors and a 300kpa xr6 fuel reg ( does anyone have one for sale? ), i also have a mini spool to put in the 3:23 diff, i will post some more pics as i go along and hopefully within a couple months i will get to take it to the drags and a couple dyno days/cruises as i have only been on one club dyno day so far....

This is when niko first got it
Click to view full-sized image!
This is her atm except it has different rims on it now....
Pulling out the gas and putting some sounds in with the boot install this weekend, so i will take some pics of that and post them up too,
Cheers lads

Old 28-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Sounds like a very neat project there! Keep us posted for sure.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Niko's old car! It's funny seeing the original pic of it - all in one colour! It'll look good with the purple. The plans for it sound awesome.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

ye paint didnt bother me that much, but how high it sat, ie in the sky like your ea bothered me that much i got lowered the night we got it :P
Old 28-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
ye paint didnt bother me that much, but how high it sat, ie in the sky like your ea bothered me that much i got lowered the night we got it :P
Yeah it's funny. I'm worried more about paint than the ride height of my car. That's why my paint is in great condition, while it still looks like a 4WD!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 08:40 AM   #6
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
So when i come pick up the zorst the el with be on its guts then? :P
Cheers
Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #7
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good stuff, those engine mods would be the ones I would do if I bought another NA 6.

Why did Niko change the colour in the first place?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

Sounds good. What's the benefit of the XR fuel reg?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
sven

al those mods sound awsome. cant wait to see it
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
niko
likes falcon's

coz he can! :P

and its on its guts as of last night going for an allignment today

Last edited by niko; 03-03-2006 at 11:29 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Sounds good. What's the benefit of the XR fuel reg?
well the stock fuel reg only pumps out 250kpa where as the xr6 fuel reg can do 300kpa, and when i put the 24lb injectors in im told it will help....
Old 03-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
coz he can! :P

and its on its guts as of last night going for an allignment today
Good boy niko...... good boy
Old 04-03-2006, 01:43 AM   #13
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony
well the stock fuel reg only pumps out 250kpa where as the xr6 fuel reg can do 300kpa, and when i put the 24lb injectors in im told it will help....
I know they pump out more, excuse the ignorance, but are you going to be needing the extra fuel?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #14
niko
likes falcon's

course man its a thirsty ea! :P
Old 05-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #15
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I know they pump out more, excuse the ignorance, but are you going to be needing the extra fuel?
yes i will need the extra fuel its copping nitrous dont forget... aswell as extensive porting with bigger valves...
:P
Cheers
Old 05-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #16
MADED-6
MADED.6

dam man hoe much money u got u just brought the car and u are doin all this to it. ive had mine for a year and havent done that much. should be good when its finished though.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #17
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

you wont need the bigger injecters or the fuel reg cause the nitrus kits have there own Fuel Solinodes which allow fuel to be sprayed into your intake with the nitrus, 100 shot i wouldnt even worry about changing the injectors and fuel reg your not gonna need it, What nitrus kit are you gonna use first of all???
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #18
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Its a super powershot nos dry kit, i believe only the wet kits come with the fuel solonoid for extra fuel, so i would like to bump up the fuel just a touch to be safe as 100hp is where i will start but i would like to go a lil more when i have a stronger bottom end built.. Mac bros racing in thomastown say the stock bottom ends are good for around 70-90hp does that sound about right?
Cheers
Old 05-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #19
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EDGhia
dam man hoe much money u got u just brought the car and u are doin all this to it. ive had mine for a year and havent done that much. should be good when its finished though.
Well i am excited to get the paint done but have actually decided to do the body work slowly and really concentrate on getting the car really moving, im also selling my bike as some of you know
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=38677
So most of the money from the sale will be spent on the car...
Cheers
Old 05-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #20
STOKEB

If i was you i would use the wet system its way safer for your engine, and stock bottom end can handle abit of nos as long as you use the right spark plugs and do the timming right. 100-125 shot should be safe if the car is tuned right. my old engine i was pumping 150 shot into it but that was pushing it to the limits, but went well.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #21
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Hmm i already have the dry system, you thinking not safe altogether of not safe with that much of a shot?
thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #22
STOKEB

Dry system only uses nitrus, no fuel which means your gonna have to spend money on injectors, fuel pump and upgrading your ecu to keep up withthe nitrus shot, you can upgrade the dry system into a wet system, i personally wouldnt use it i see it as unsafe for a stok engine. If your injectors and computer cant keep up there goes your motor, but withthe wet system all you do is put the right fuel jet in and it sprays the right amount of fuel to mix withthe nitrus.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #23
STOKEB

If you wanna upgrade it to a wet system all you gotta get is the fuel solinode, 2 braded lines one to tee it off to the fuel line and the other to the wet system nozel, your gonna need the wet system foger nozel as well and different size jets which dont cost ИИИИ all. You wont be able to use the dry system nozel cause it only has 1 input line where you need 2 for the wet system. Im not sure if the dry systems come with throttle switches and stuff
Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #24
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Yeah it has a throttle switch but i was thinking of converting over to just the button, i wanna push that go baby go!!!!! lol, on the fuel side of things i have a computer coming, i already have 24lb injectors and im after a xr6 fuel reg or i will just use a holley i have sitting here with a gauge on it, im new to the custom computer bit but wouldnt i be able to have 2 different fuel settings one for street and one for the nos at the drags? I will look at getting the bits i need to turn it into a wet kit if im able to keep the fuel system mostly stock up front atm....
Cheers
Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
STOKEB

VPW have the conversion kits from dry to wet there about $230. its way cheaper then upgrading everything unless you have them already or have the cash to do it. The button idea sounds good i was gonna do it that way but sumone stoped me from doing that, what happens when you back off and the finger is still on the button, solinodes arnt gonna no to shut off and keep spraying NOS into the intake and boom goes your engine lol, leave the micro throttle switch and just put in anohter switch which activiates the complete kit so when you back off the micro switch cuts out the solinodes but its still active when you full throttle. I use the switch but also have the mirco switch there as well just to be on hte safe side. Try stay on the safe side of things when using NOS cause abit to much gas and your pistons are gonna be way to happy and leave the block lol
Old 05-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #26
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

LOL!!!
Thanks for the useful info champ....
Cheers
Old 09-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #27
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

I was at just falcons the other day getting some wheel bearing caps ( niko you funny bugger ), and i noticed out the corner of my eye some extractors with a cat on the end of them and i thought they look like e series, left as i didnt have cash, rang up this morning at 8am when they open and asked about them, they said yeah they are e series and you can have them with the oxy sensor ( new ) and the cat ready to bolt on for 150!!!!! So i bought them, lol, goin to fit them later today so i will take some pics, they appear to be gm headers but for 150 im not going to whinge, lol
Cheers lads
Old 09-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #28
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Looks good mate! I love seeing peopel put effort into EAs. which reminds me, I should go and buy another one......
Old 09-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #29
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Looks good mate! I love seeing peopel put effort into EAs. which reminds me, I should go and buy another one......

Lol thanks mate, pics will be up soon im bout to start fitting them...
Cheers
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #30
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

OK fitted the extractors so heres some pics, i needed a new gasket and realised repco was shut, i then remembered about some thick gasket sheet i had from my datsun turbo... i made one up and all sweet as a nut, i didnt do a bad job either for the second gasket i have attempted at home....
The gasket pic is a lil dark sorry, lol and as for the other pic well thats my top secret groovy home made air box with a KnN pod in it, silly thing is IT WORKS, lol,
Cheers lads