Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-09-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
tommo74
zx TT

Default getting fed up with the whole e series saga

Hey,
After spending close to a deposit on a good city home on two project e-series (ed and eb) I find myself listening to my flagship car after the radio was decoded(replacement alternator) and just felt sad.
F***ing bumps and groans and weird scratching noises when i accelerated/deccelerated was enough to make me think.....
Maybe i might chuck it all in..sell the lot!and buy that e49 charger or that xa gt hardtop......
All this then i noticed my bumper had sagged a touch(Im a perfectionist erm sorta)and the ed's look feaking ugly when that sh*t happens.
Was hungover (still am) so prolly feel different tomorrow but for now...Im getting sick of e-series...and no I wont let the ed go for under 12k.
Hope i feel different tomorrow...
Has anyone else sorta got disenheartened by their cars at times?id like to hear some stories and maybe some "see the light" and keep it stories too!lol
sorry to be such a pessemistic pr*ck right now but ive had a gutful,
tommo74

tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo74
Hey,
After spending close to a deposit on a good city home on two project e-series (ed and eb) I find myself listening to my flagship car after the radio was decoded(replacement alternator) and just felt sad.
F***ing bumps and groans and weird scratching noises when i accelerated/deccelerated was enough to make me think.....
Maybe i might chuck it all in..sell the lot!and buy that e49 charger or that xa gt hardtop......
All this then i noticed my bumper had sagged a touch(Im a perfectionist erm sorta)and the ed's look feaking ugly when that sh*t happens.
Was hungover (still am) so prolly feel different tomorrow but for now...Im getting sick of e-series...and no I wont let the ed go for under 12k.
Hope i feel different tomorrow...
Has anyone else sorta got disenheartened by their cars at times?id like to hear some stories and maybe some "see the light" and keep it stories too!lol
sorry to be such a pessemistic pr*ck right now but ive had a gutful,
tommo74
welcome to the joys of being an E-Series owner.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
brax
EL-Brax

Feel the same, although I've only owned my EA for a short while I feel that it is now a part of me. And if i get rid of it, it would be like losing a family member, they cost a lot too...he..he..
brax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Get the E49. It's a better car anyway!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
tommo74
zx TT

I should be proud i guess, seeing that less than a year ago I was into fixing up ol' xd's and xe's(nuthin WRONG wiv DAT!lol) then finally noticed the newer modern shape of the ea's -ed's(the ef's el'f were a wee bit TOO modern for me!
Since then i have almost built two street racers(in a year)one with all the fruit the other,a bodgy but gonna be supercharged beast (doing it for a friend,he can all he wants afterwards lol)all at the expense of two good friends ,two mechanics one spraypainter and a partridge in a pear tree...well...i climbed one once....hmmmm...
Old 29-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #6
EDXR6T

well im sure im going to get tho's fellings again now that im doing an engine change but i usuley get over the spitfullnes (wen i get it all workinglol)

hope it gets better for yu mate
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #7
tommo74
zx TT

still...hungover....damned ed keepes grinning at me from the garage...oh ok i love you 2!!!!
Old 30-09-2005, 12:38 AM   #8
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

I hear you mate........
I have often thought about selling the EB, The thought that always changes my mind tho is remembeing how much I have actually spent on it, and how much I would/wouldnt get back on a sale......

The charger sounds cool, and I have always loved the XA-XC series hardtops. Prob 2 of my favourite cars really.

Stick with the E series a little longer, they are cool cars, and certianly not the same as what "Everyone else" has. Plus, they have all the mod-cons that an older vehicle doesent.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
ScoopED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
tommo74
zx TT

Thanx Mike,
I guess maybe I'll hold on to em a bit longer...maybe...note how i wouldnt sell the ed for under 12 grand....lol.....prolly worth 27 but modifications are NOT an investment!
...and sentimental value...well anyones an idiot if they bring THAT up when selling ...really lol.
Old 30-09-2005, 12:59 AM   #10
adxr8
Rebuilding the ED

Im hearing you Tommo, anyone want to buy a slighly abused 91 EB XR8, had over 20 spent including purchase four years ago. Much fun to be had run 15.06 unopened. Yeh 12 grand wouldnt buy it, might as well put the alloy heads and supercharger on it that's taking up space in the shed!

347 Dart block:All the Scat goodies, Edelbrock Victor Jnr's, Trickflow manifold and Vortech on the stand/ work in progress
adxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 01:48 AM   #11
tommo74
zx TT

it...supercharger goes on!
Old 30-09-2005, 08:28 AM   #12
Till_Lind
E-series fan

I think buying an EF/EL Falcon will make everything good again, lol. Nah, I know they can have problems too, the 95 Fairmont my dad had years ago was pretty bad with faults. But this was at a time where the kms were getting pretty high.

I'm lucky to have this low k Fairmont (112000kms now I think), that has given me no major problems, touch wood.
Old 30-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #13
EFFalcon
Last warning

i think a lot of what you're feeling comes with almost any car.
unless you're buying new and have a warrenty.. you can't expect perfection.
i'm sure if you browsed other car forums you'd find out about all the little problems with other cars too.
just something we have to live with i guess... i've been through a fair share of crap with mine, but no point selling it... its not worth it :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #14
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Seen my latest thread car wouldnt start , I even posted an EOI for the parts, but I have come to me senses and will get an EF bottom end and the EA will live on, yes I often feel like chucking the towel in, but then I think of the end goal and what I set out to achieve, I havent got there yet, but when I do I hope I am happy with the car.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #15
gozza

haha
i know the disheartneded feeling quite well
the thing that keeps my happy is the sound...the space....also ive spent over twice as much as i paid for it in mods/repairs......why stop now lol....cars don't have to die...i'll just keep feeding it money
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #16
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Keep your cars peoples ;)

Getting ****ed off with your E-Series is one of the many Phases of being an owner lol. Been there, done that, moved on, kept the car, love it for what it is ;)

Tommo, you know yuo want to keep both ;) And Jase, sell the EA and expect to see burning crosses outside your house! ... if I find it that is :P

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #17
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

YES , SELL THE F'ING THING! A e49 charger or a xa gt hardtop wont bump or groan , or have any wierd noises at all!!!!!!!
Old 30-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #18
bprint xr8
more posting less lurking

Im the opposite. My e series has been the more reliable one recently! In less than 2000km from new the BA has had a diff replacement, a noisy gearbox, wipers stop when raining (blew fuse) and has a very ordinary sounding sub woofer. The NC just keeps on going.
Old 30-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #19
GraveDilute

yep, my last EA had a few issues, but basically was like the energizer bunny, kept going and going.

the new one is being a pig. don't give up. you could spend 20k on a very ordinary car and be an ignorant driver. at least you learn something when the car throws something strange at you
GraveDilute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post