Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Tickford Caliper - Problem Solved

Since changing my rotors to DBA 4000's and Ferodo Performance pads, I've had an ongoing problem with the caliper and the bounce in reverse. It's been covered in threads before. Anyway, I ordered a kit from John at cebco on advice from Sylox. Same problem he had. Sylox replaced the pin running through the caliper and this solved his problem. I did this and it made no difference. Logic would tell me to call John back for further info, but i didn't) In the kit came 4 new clips, washers and some new circlips. There were also rubber bushes. No idea what the bushes were for, i took the car in for a service and had the dealer look at it. None of the technicians knew what they were for. So I decided after months of this issue, i'd put the car on stands and try to figure out a solution. Orginally when i did the pins I looked at the clips on the pads and they were near new. So I never bothered to change them as they were as firm and had as much movememnt as the new ones.

So anyway, i thought I'd change the clips and look over the rubber bush to see where it goes. See if i can work it out. Then the Mrs comes out to have a look at the calipers and see how muck painting they will need and says "That rubber bush is the same shape as that clip. Does that go inside it?" Whadda ya know. It does. Then i thought about it some more and the reason why ford never had an idea what the bush was for was because the genuine pads are the correct size. They don't move. Aftermarket could be smaller so the bush fills the gap in the clip to take up the slack when in reverse. Must be an aftermarket thing. The old clips never had the bush. So I replace both clips on each side with bushes inside, roll the car out of the garage and chuck it in reverse, no more caliper movement.

Anyway, so today I learn't something new. I'm no expert on brakes, but I am a little more wiser. And thankfully Julie came out at the right time. Sometimes the most obvious thing, is actually the answer.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Well done. It is simply Murphy's Law that makes these types of events re occuring.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Extemely frustrating. I had considered ditching the premiums for standards.

Sylox told me to give cebco another call to talk about it. In the end I think I should have taken his advice and spoke to John. Might have saved me some grief.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

Default My TL50 Breaks

I have also been referred to John at Cebco Breaks...
I must say that I am not entirely impressed...

I have only had these pads and discs on the car for a total of 8000 KM... And I am already developing a lip and a shudder...

I am considering having them replaced under warranty as I am sure they have to have a 12 month warranty on them...

As with that noise in reverse, how does one come across that with out having to buy new bits? Is it something I can make from home?

What do you think john’s reaction would be if I returned the breaks? As I am really NOT impressed...

Also I don’t and never will have the car on a track nor do I race it...

It is used purely as a transporting people car...

Any ideas?

Cheers :newangel:

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post