Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Angry TS50 wagon rear bar

After deciding that I would like to go with the full TS50 kit for my wagon, I asked Fibre Sports (AWC) about the rear bar they said they had. Turns out that a certain member on here decided to borrow the casting for the bar.....and never return it!!! So AWC no longer wish to pursue this line of kit due to the inconsiderate person here. Needless to say, I am disapointed that someone would use AWC's idea to gain for them selves. shame on you I say. If you are the person, and still have the casting...please return it to AWC so people like myself can enjoy having an aftermarket kit to put on their car. I will NOT purchase from anyone on here who claims they can make the bars them selves and sell them cheaply. AWC has put a lot of work into these designs.....dont be a smuck, return it for the sake of others!

Sorry, Im just a little peaved that I will have to wait longer or choose another kit that will be close to the TS50 wagon kit (of which I havent seen as yet).

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
Old 14-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Chief had the mould, but from what i remember, he never finished it because it was too low and not practical.
Old 14-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

you will find it was chief's idea, not AWC's, chief owns the plug for the bar. pretty sure he made it himself as well.

as far as i know, he is still going through with it, but just for him
Old 14-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

chief was working with AWC on the rear bar.

it was his idea. he has the original modified bar. which he did himself. ive even touched it with my own hands lol.

its too low to be practical. chief owns it all. the plug, mould if he's done it yet, the lot.
Old 14-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

What is more inconsiderate is the fact that AWC are telling people what they told you. Chief has put many, many hours of work into that bar, AWC never did any of it (Falkeen started it, he is no longer with AWC, so chief put his hand up to finish it. AWC have got nothing to do with the bar, so its none of their concern.
Old 14-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

As you can see, there are two sides to every story - and its often best to work out both sides of the story before going off half cocked!

Old 14-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Have a read of his build thread.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=84076
Old 14-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #8
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
After deciding that I would like to go with the full TS50 kit for my wagon, I asked Fibre Sports (AWC) about the rear bar they said they had. Turns out that a certain member on here decided to borrow the casting for the bar.....and never return it!!! So AWC no longer wish to pursue this line of kit due to the inconsiderate person here. Needless to say, I am disapointed that someone would use AWC's idea to gain for them selves. shame on you I say. If you are the person, and still have the casting...please return it to AWC so people like myself can enjoy having an aftermarket kit to put on their car. I will NOT purchase from anyone on here who claims they can make the bars them selves and sell them cheaply. AWC has put a lot of work into these designs.....dont be a smuck, return it for the sake of others!

Sorry, Im just a little peaved that I will have to wait longer or choose another kit that will be close to the TS50 wagon kit (of which I havent seen as yet).
im currently baking some humble pie for ya mate.

maybe you should use the search feature before you post crap like that about
1. a good mate and fellow club member and
2. a well known and respected (well maybe not the 2nd one : ) member of the aff community.

and if wayne and the crew at fibresports wish to believe that croc of shite they told you then they are bigger duckheads then i thought they are and don't deserve anymore of my business.

why not have a go at making the rear bar yourself........... or you can buy the mould from chief. im sure he'd sell it to ya :
Old 14-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Here is the story I know.

Cheif started the bar him self. It took him a lot of effort to get to the stage he got to. He floated the idea to AWC at the time and since they liked the idea it was decided that they would complete the job.

Now, for what ever reason. No work was ever done to the bar/mould that chief had made. Sick and feed up with this. He took his bar/molding back.

He completed the rear bar by March 06, but it was too low to be practicable, even on his wagon which was not lowered at the time. I saw this bar in bog at the AUfalcon.com barby that was held in March of 06.

Fast forward to the FPV open day this year and I meet up with chief again. He had modified his original bar by taking 10mm out of the height of the bar. This made it fit quite well. Cheif had that bar sprayed up in colour, but due to the bog/metal that was in the bar it was too heavy to be practicable.

When I talked to him then, he was planning on having that bar cast in fiberglass and a part reproduced.
At this stage, he decided that due to the time/money/headaches that the bar had caused him, and due to the non-event of fibersports help, he'd keep the bar to himself and have it as a 'one off' unique item that only he had.

Not to be rude, but the story has played out on here the whole time and it is documented. A search should have told you that at least.

Cheers
Old 15-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

ok, so i jumped the gun a bit. i do appologise to chief. i actually do remeber now him saying something about how he was doing a rear bar etc and i even saw the pics....it was a fair while ago. here is the letter that got me all riled up though....

Quote:
Hi Col,

We aren't continuing with this project anymore as our plug (initial design template) was stolen by a member of the AFF, they had permission to take it, on the premise it was returned, but then decided he was going to keep it for himself.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more with your inquiry.

Best Regards,
Wayne,
FibreSports
so you can see why i "went off half cocked" the way i did. at the time i didnt even think of doing a search to find out the other side of the story...i was pretty p155ed as you could tell. is that pie done yet dan b?
col

Quote:
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
Old 15-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #11
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
is that pie done yet dan b?
yeah mate just cooling down on the window sill
Old 15-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now i really want some pie :(
Old 15-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Thats like how AWC told me that a Lower XR Skirt wouldnt fit on to a upper rear Bar on a XT? :
Old 15-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #14
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I think awc better pack up shop and go elsewhere, it seems the majority of us who have dealt with them have been burned or have been given the run around by them.
Site sponsor or not, they don't have my support anymore.
Old 15-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
dave289
Banned

If you want you can buy my wagon instead.If your interested let me know.

Old 15-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
dave289
Banned

If you want you
can buy my wagon instead.If your interested let me know.

Old 15-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #17
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Where to start...

I came up with the idea for a TS50 wagon rear bar for a wagon. I approached Adam who was AWC at the time in regards to get the ball rolling on getting a bar made up. After countless phone calls and visits to AWC what is about an hour and a half from my place, the plans were set in motion to get this done.

I was giving time frames of when I would be required to bring my car down but due to it not being a high priority, obviously being a small market, was put on the back burner. I was working at the time as a laminator that built the Sydney to Hobart yachts Wild Oats XI, Hugo Boss, Alfa Romao Team Shockwave. As you can see I have had some experience with fibreglass, carbon fibre and bog. I made the decision to continue making the mould myself as more progress would get done. Many people saw it in its early stages and now that its finished. People can see the time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears going into it. I have taken it to car shows (AU Falcon Day when it was raw bog and when it was finished at the FPV Open Day) Both shows are interstate but I was proud to show it off, hence I was willing to transport it. I had a friend drive from Dubbo to Melbourne to deliver the bar to me in time for the FPV Open Day.

The bar was completed and then it got interesting. Fibresports who I had not had an agreement with all of a sudden asked for the bar back or face the consequences. They did not offer any help of any form in the building of this bar. I had the bar for 13 months and not one phone call or a PM from Fibresports. After the bar was completed I received a very long list of PM's and replied PM's. Makes for an interesting read.

At the end of the day there was no bar on the market so I made my own. It will not being moulded and sold. It will be moulded, painted and put on my car thats it. I have arranged with Adam for the bar to be moulded next month, after sitting on it for the better part of a year.

What reputable business what spread misinformation knowing full well they would be shown as liars?

AU2SR, apology accepted.

Superroo, thank you.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 16-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #18
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

hhmmmm, im starting to see a darker side to this group (AWC). does anyone know of any other company though that does body kits? I know C2R went bust and no longer exist, but are there any others? I really want a complete kit that will complement my front bar.
Thanx guys
col

Quote:
Old 16-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #19
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I think awc better pack up shop and go elsewhere, it seems the majority of us who have dealt with them have been burned or have been given the run around by them.
Site sponsor or not, they don't have my support anymore.
AWC are and will remain a part of this site as long as they wish.
For many years there have supplied many members including myself with a great product and the feedback from what I see has always been good.

If anyone has particular problem you wish to discuss send me a PM.

Question has been answered
Thread closed.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 16-01-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Closed Thread