Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
niko
likes falcon's

Default tailgating...

driven home from school today, with my cruise set to 60 as im not a fan of paying for speeding lol, had my shit pumping as u do wen your drivin along. this big black gaybo van : (black jeep) sticks right up my ***, getting so close if i jumped on my brakes ide get a new car. now bout 200meters ahead its a redlight, to turn the cruise off i used my brakes gently now this guy didnt get it and continued to kiss my ***, got to the lights and he turned and drives passed me clapping.

if i did that, i would get a complaint to the police, or something along the lines. if i were to speed and he was right up my ***, cops would pick on me 1st. its bs being a p plater... :
Old 11-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

You did the right thing. Slowly slow down and let the brainless moron pass.

Speaking of dodgy driving, the highway from Horsham to Adelaide is full of brainless twats who don't seem to remember to remove their brain from the pillow before they embark on country driving. Using an overtaking lane to overtake two B-doubles, fine very safe and sensable, but hang on the trucks are doing 100kmh and your doing 105kmh causing the 3 cars behind you to be in a very bad prediciment as you took the whole 2km of overtaking to get the trucks that the following cars had to either back way way back to avoid a nasty incident with a compressed LPG tanker or flash+honk you to FINALY pull back into the left lane and nessisitate a quick burst to 160 to get back in the correct lane. This would usualy be avoided as you would think if you car wasnt upto the task of quickly and safely overtaking two trucks and there were significant other cars who were initialy traveling much faster you wouldnt pull out and take all year to complete what is a dangerous move at the best of times.

How about the guy parked accross the truck arrestor bed entrance on the SE freeway so he could take his kid to the toilet.

Or the vehicle that decided to overtake 2 army trucks and a B-double, by venturing into an oncoming overtaking lane, that had vehicles in it. Oh yeah and he was attempting to do it in a Stateliner bus with 50+ people on board!

Some common sence wouldnt go astray.

Just a small selection of Australian drivers we encountered (and gave a WIDE BERTH) over the weekend.

Last edited by Walkinshaw; 11-04-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get mad, get even. I just slow down . Yes I am a bastard, yes it is inciting road rage, but they get the point after they fly past you, then you stick to their rear (not tailgating mind you), just to point out the fact you did it to **** them off.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Or the vehicle that decided to overtake 2 army trucks and a B-double, by venturing into an oncoming overtaking lane, that had vehicles in it. Oh yeah and he was attempting to do it in a Stateliner bus with 50+ people on board!
Ouch! Doing it in a car would be insanity, let alone 50 other people's lives in your hands.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
Don't get mad, get even. I just slow down . Yes I am a bastard, yes it is inciting road rage, but they get the point after they fly past you, then you stick to their rear (not tailgating mind you), just to point out the fact you did it to **** them off.
thats not the smartest thing to do either. Its your fault if you stove them from behind afterwards. Just slow down gently (dont brake) let them pass, and let them go off and find a tree to hit rather than your car.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I meant maintain a safe distance, but keep with them just to prove the point just to clear that up. In no way or situation would I endorse or participate in tailgating.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #7
falcon_ea-ed

if there being a smartarse and tailgating u, slow down- when they go to overtake speed up. When they decide not to overtake and pull back behind u slow down again. If they then decide to overtake (And you being a nice person let them infront) then they cut you off. Thats when the road rage starts. Speed up (With Ford Power) and abuse the shit through them.
Or You can just do the smart thing and RELAX- Flick your lights on and off and it will look like your breaking...and they will back off.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_ea-ed
Or You can just do the smart thing and RELAX- Flick your lights on and off and it will look like your breaking...and they will back off.
Done that a fair few times, its scarey when they just sit there and don't even notice.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sensible move niko. I agree, being a p-plater sucks ***. especially 100, not 110 on the freeway, but dont get me started on that!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_ea-ed
if there being a smartarse and tailgating u, slow down- when they go to overtake speed up. When they decide not to overtake and pull back behind u slow down again. If they then decide to overtake (And you being a nice person let them infront) then they cut you off. Thats when the road rage starts. Speed up (With Ford Power) and abuse the shit through them.
Guy's I don't think the forum condones this driving.

When tailgated, move over and allow them to pass. Let them loose their licence.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 11-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
niko
likes falcon's

in my circumstance i couldnt move, and i dont speed into red lights... let good old 2nd slow me down abit
Old 11-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #12
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
driven home from school today, with my cruise set to 60 as im not a fan of paying for speeding lol, had my shit pumping as u do wen your drivin along. this big black gaybo van : (black jeep) sticks right up my ***, getting so close if i jumped on my brakes ide get a new car. now bout 200meters ahead its a redlight, to turn the cruise off i used my brakes gently now this guy didnt get it and continued to kiss my ***, got to the lights and he turned and drives passed me clapping.

if i did that, i would get a complaint to the police, or something along the lines. if i were to speed and he was right up my ***, cops would pick on me 1st. its bs being a p plater... :

Thats all well and good, but were u in the Right hand lane, as that ****es me right off, some one doordling allong in the fast lane!

Old 11-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I flick my parkers on and laugh as they lock the brakes up.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #14
niko
likes falcon's

i couldnt move wasnt exactly freeway either was through town double lane traffic and fairly busy
Old 11-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #15
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz
Thats all well and good, but were u in the Right hand lane, as that ****es me right off, some one doordling allong in the fast lane!
you do know that it is only considerd a passing lane/fast lane when the speed limit is above 80, dont you?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #16
niko
likes falcon's

was 60 here lol
Old 11-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #17
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

dix to the slownig down n letting them pass, just click on the parkers and watch the cocky ll bastards jump on their brakes....seems to do the job for me....well either that or flippiing them off and smokin them :evil3:
Old 11-04-2005, 07:20 PM   #18
FordFan86
meow

damn, i've become such an ******* with this topic.
I hate tailgaters, depending on my mood, i'll flick on the parkers and watch em slow down, tap the brake lightly to see if they get the clue. Most recently i just jab the brakes really quickly, that gets them right off your **** or makes them overtake. sometimes i'll slow down, and if they go to pass, i'll sped up and try to block them in if it's a 2 lane road, next to another car.
the other day i was driving along with cruise on 72 in a 70 zone. i see a p plater pull out of a car park putting it slighty sideways (in a shitbox gemini/corolla/somegayboxPOS) i just leave the cruise onand get to him, he's doing like 67k, i kept a bit back from him but still close enough to be considered tailgatingm and the shithead puts his brakes on and then looks at me in the rearview mirror shacking his finger and laughing. road turns into a 2 way for a bit up ahead, i boot off at 90k get the finger as i pass him. yellow lights, we're sideby side, i sit there and crank the stereo, he takes off and i see him going through roundabouts at stupid speeds, last turn off he leans out the window and gives me the bird again. i smiled, waved, kept driving bwhahahaha
Old 11-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #19
niko
likes falcon's

ye the thing is this guy looked 40... in a really intimidating sized jeep... my cars on superlows and looks small compared to a boat like that anyway lol
Old 11-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #20
AdzT3-146
own the road

Yeh i was gettin tailgated buy a pajero, looked huge in my rear-view especially night time and big headlights. i had another incident with a VT commo, that was just fun. doin 40 in a 50 zone in a one-way street. :
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #21
niko
likes falcon's

hahhaha od's me wen ppl do way under the speed limit like 50-60 in 80zone...THATS THE WORST...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #22
AdzT3-146
own the road

i only dropped to 40 cos i was doing 50 and he was right up my ***. i could see how much this guy wanted to fly past me so i had to make the most of it.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 11-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
niko
likes falcon's

ye that aint that bad but 40/50 close coz there both pretty low speeds
Old 11-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #24
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

my mates putting twin flamethrowers in his ute just for the tailgaters... lol
Old 11-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #25
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
Yeh i was gettin tailgated buy a pajero, looked huge in my rear-view especially night time and big headlights. i had another incident with a VT commo, that was just fun. doin 40 in a 50 zone in a one-way street. :

And you are seriously wondering why people are tailgating you? are u that stupid :

or is it ur car can not go much faster?

Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #26
AdzT3-146
own the road

: is your problem? did you read my 2nd post when i said i was gettin tailgated doing the speed limit.
and your right my car cant go much faster _
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 11-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #27
MadManz

so instead of thinking let this fool pass me u decided to **** him off even further... Hmmm and why is there road rage!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #28
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Let's all be conscious of the message we send out with the driving we condone. Road rage must be avoided as a high priority for obvious reasons.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #29
AdzT3-146
own the road

hmmm. one way street, wasnt gonna speed. if he wanted to he could've gone onto the oncoming lane and sped past me if he pleased. he was ****ing me off, so why cant i do the same.

i wasn't trying to start any roadrage, and he made the next left anyway so he might have saveed 5 seconds if i didnt slow down anyway.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #30
EL_futuraistic

Angry right lane hogs

Nothing bloody ****es me off more than People who sit in the right lane doing under the speed limit. Especially FWY's, but just roads in general.

Did no-one read in their rules book "keep to left unless overtaking" that doesnt just apply to highway overtaking lanes

And as for the 2 latest and greatest trends for Victorian Drivers.

1.) the mirror only lane change..... which obviously means u dont have to actually check if anyone is there, and 2 that you dont have to indicate even though ur mm'trs from wiping out the car beside you.

2.) Sitting 5kms under the speed limit, beside 1 or 2 other cars doing the same.... so on a FWY or 2 lane rd such as burwood hwy you create a traffic jam that leads all the way back to the city.

as the nova segment on fridays is "YOU **** ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Closed Thread