Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking Is it possible ... shaving gel conspiracy theory ?

Well now that i am on the other side of 40 i have noticed that i need to shave a LOT more often ..
Apart from the fact shaving creams/gels are so expensive to start with, do any of you think its possible they could actually incorporate a hair growth formulae into their shaving gel ??

I was able to shave once a week years ago but now i seem to continually have stuble and i need to shave it 3 times a week

What a concept maybe i should approach Gillette ... discuss...

Old 14-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
bingoTE50
Steve

Sorry Buddy , all hormonal ...thats why we have a mid life crisis and buy flash cars ...
I am getting more hairy as we speak ....
Old 14-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
max
LWBforME

Look. I think you are just turning into a man. 40 you say? Well, you probably know the adage: Life begins at 40....! But back to your point. I could not rule anything out. I would not put it past the multi-nationals to pull a stunt like that! They would have to offset the negative impact brought about by the advent of designer-stubble, which worldwide knocks millions of shavers out of the toiletries aisles of the supermarkets! Having said that, I might be inclined to massage some of that gel on a daily basis into the thin bits around my crown! What was the brand again? It may not be a joking matter! Many a coincidental find made a medical breakthrough! I am up for a clinical trial!
Old 14-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Sorry Buddy , all hormonal ...thats why we have a mid life crisis and buy flash cars ...
I am getting more hairy as we speak ....
As long as it isn't your palms you should be ok ...ewww..
Old 14-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes, do tell us the brand. I will try some on the noggin. I've got nothing to lose if you know what I mean!
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
Old 14-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
BA Baracus
xls

What's the secret, 3 times a week sounds awesome. Instead of 5 o'clock shadow you must get a wednesday one
Old 14-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
MexicanBatman
Banned

Grow a beard instead of shaving
Old 14-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont shave anymore just use the clippers on 0 and that it

i grow a semi beard every week when i cant be buggerd shaving

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
Yes, do tell us the brand. I will try some on the noggin. I've got nothing to lose if you know what I mean!
+1 to that
Old 14-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The more you shave the quicker it grows back....

Usually If i left it go for 3 to 4 days I can go without shaving for 2 days.
But when shaving every day, it does grow back quicker?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 14-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think gravity is the problem. My hair seems to have stopped growing on the top of my head - but is sprouting excessively from my ears & nostrils
Old 14-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally shave with an electric shaver and just wet my face, imho shaving creams/gels and all that guff are an expensive option, before the electric I used to use disposable razors with water, I am very fair and dont have much facial hair, and I thought long ago shaving stuff creams and the like was mad overpriced, if plain water dont work try using soap and water.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 14-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I personally shave with an electric shaver and just wet my face, imho shaving creams/gels and all that guff are an expensive option, before the electric I used to use disposable razors with water, I am very fair and dont have much facial hair, and I thought long ago shaving stuff creams and the like was mad overpriced, if plain water dont work try using soap and water.
Well i'd use a stanley knife and axle grease if it helped save money ?

I guess i'm just not old school tough ...
Old 14-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
Scott

Don't know about Shaving Gel - but toothpaste on the other hand....

Story goes that Colgate were selling lots of toothpaste and were pretty happy that they had the market covered at the time. One day, an enterprising young bloke says to the MD "give me $Xmillion dollars and I'll grow your business by half". The MD agrees to something along the lines of "you do that and you can have your millions".

In the next breath, the young fella suggested to make the hole in the nozzle twice as big. The rest is history.
Old 14-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Thread quality here is debatable.
Closed Thread