Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Default AU XR intercooler advice/pics?

Hey all,

The xr is currently off the road as im planning to do a bit of work to it. One thing ive been planing is intercooling. Ive read heaps of AU intercooler post so dont hit me with the 'search is your friend' haha simply id like to know if ppl have any pics AU's preferrably with the xr series 2/3 fronts with intercoolers as i want to get an idea of installation. Id prefer not to cut it up.
I have a general idea for the pipes up top of the engine but getting them down to each intercooler inlet from the engine bay seems pretty tight! Like around the headlight areas.. So if any ones had any experience or pics please let me know or post em up!

Cheers guys thanks for now!
Chris

RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I don't know if you came across it, but there was a thread fairly recently full of AU intercooler pics. If you can find that one, I'm sure it'll have lots of helpful pics.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

Oh ok cheers mate ill give it a look in!

Pics still welcome. Thanks guys
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
partie

I too would like to see pics.

The trouble with the AU V8 Capa kits is there isn't much space left to run the intercooling piping. You have the inlet manifold, cold air intake, supercharger + bracket all squeezed on the same side of the engine bay.

The BA/BF V8 Capa kits can allow for intercooling partly due to the different shape of the mounting bracket.

Maybe can free up some engine space from deleting the Cold Air Intake. Just suck hot air from under the bonnet like most Jap cars do. You should have bigger gains running an intercooling than just the Cold Air Intake.

Just my thoughts.
partie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
partie

pictures to show what I mean.

Modular V8 Kit

Winsor V8 Kit

P.S. these images were taken from another thread.
partie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post