Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
haverm
Starter Motor

Default AU 2 4.0l Idles too high

Gooday new boy here

Got a 4.0 litre AU 2 ute recently converted to gas. Everthing fine until last night when it stalled. Now idles at about 2 grand and runs like a chaff cutter.

Goes not bad at road speeds though. I'll check plugs and leads tomorrow

Any thoughts??

haverm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
aye you
The Origional, The Best

disconnect the battery for and hour, then do a computer reset, just follow the instructions in your manual, that should fix the idle problem
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
LPGUTE

i have the same problem. you have to clean throttle body and ISC if that dont help check vacuum if still rev about 2000RPM then the ISC is faulty

PS. welcome to the forum mate

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
haverm
Starter Motor

Thanks aye you and lpgute for the tips, I checked out how to diagnose the ISC on the web and lo and behold first step is to check for vacum leaks, especially the brake booster.

Well, I thought it was an unfortunate coincidence but the brakes went mushy about the same time! May have saved myself hours and dollars here. I'll update you next week after my weekend on the spanners.

Have a good one.
haverm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post