Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Question 94' EF Fairmont... What could I sell it for?

I own a EF Fairmont 94', it has 330,000KM. Engine, box and diff are running beautifully.

Colour is vivid and the car only has 3 small dents (Hailstone size) in the rear L/H/S door.

I live in Taree, in the midnorthcoast. Here, car dealers are trying to sell EF Falcons for 7 grand, but what's the chance of me selling my fairmont in a private sale for $6500?

I'll paint the engine back to gloss black before sale, it looks too hoony at the moment.

Anyway, I picked up the car for 5 grand in sydney at a car yard. At the moment it has a 1500 dollar sound system, and has had a full servicing since.

Also has 5 months rego.
I could get $6500 for it... right? Up here ef - el fairmonts are way expensive :/ Hence I went to sydney to buy mine.

Pics are at
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/volcom20_2006/

Tell me if the link doesn't work

volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Not sure about where you live, but in Melbourne you would be struggling to get 4500. The high k's are going to hurt you. Oh and the link takes you to a Photobucket account, but there's no pics in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Tuff luck... I reakon about 5grand max....1500 dollor sound system is ok but wat kinda?
it's not how much you spend it's the brand and quality...

And 330,000 km's is heaps for a 94, I have a 91 and I have 200,000km's less than yours...

So i say max 5grand in NSW...
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
Tell me if the link doesn't work
The link doent work :
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom20
I own a EF Fairmont 94', it has 330,000KM. Engine, box and diff are running beautifully.

Colour is vivid and the car only has 3 small dents (Hailstone size) in the rear L/H/S door.

I live in Taree, in the midnorthcoast. Here, car dealers are trying to sell EF Falcons for 7 grand, but what's the chance of me selling my fairmont in a private sale for $6500?

Anyway, I picked up the car for 5 grand in sydney at a car yard. At the moment it has a 1500 dollar sound system, and has had a full servicing since.

Also has 5 months rego.
I could get $6500 for it... right? Up here ef - el fairmonts are way expensive :/ Hence I went to sydney to buy mine.
You have nearly answered your own question really.. You have looked around at the local market and valued yours accordinly...One thing to consider though is the car yard jobbies around your area moving at that price, or sitting around for awhile.. List price is never sale price so I am guessing you are flexible on the $6500

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #6
Deanodriver

I doubt you'd get more than $5000 for it (trade in), the high k's are going to work against you.

I picked up an EF Futura with 144000km for $3000 earlier this year.
Old 26-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Km's are just too high for 6.5k, i'd say you would be better off pulling out the stereo and selling it seperately.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #8
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Probably $4500

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
MacGyver

I picked up a 94 EF futura wagon with 3rd row of seats. Pretty mickey with 180,000k's in Toowoomba (country town so similar prices to you) with 6 months rego and a 2300kg tow pack with air bag suspension for $4000. I think you might be pushing your luck.

I would guess not much more than $4000. The kays will turn 90% of lookers away.
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=7862a7cf.jpg

The headdeck is Clarion (RRP: $600), then there's alpines all through it.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

The car also has a full towing kit which looks factory... all except the break controller inside the car for controlling electric trailor breaks.

Ie, tow ball, transmittion cooler and all the wiring plugs for trailor lighting etc.